REPORT: Packers RB and Te coach fired

Speedy14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the frustration with TT/MM on the Forum has a lot of murmurs from fans, but where can you get coaching beside (Belichick) on more successful active GM/coaching staff? GB (us) fans should be ecstatic that we are in the fight each and every year!

However, this post is not about MM play calling, but this is about MM returning the Offense and aligning the Coaches to ‘get’er’ done for next year. In Coach MM Show (last episode) of the season, he mentions about taking back play calling, but the biggest surprise he mentions is going back to the 2006-07-08 offense scheme/approach. What is he talking about? Is he talking about hitting the reset and getting back to fundamentals of playing offense? I don’t remember what was unique back then in the offense, and the offensive play calling, scheme, or fundamentals? I’d like to hear your thoughts…

I think uprooting the respective coaching trees in running back and tight end as well as offensive line probably have merit. I hope it was not scape goat situation, but as with leadership comes responsibility, this is going to be another heroic change in the organization as well as for the players, but the talent (with new coming in and old returning) should be able to get it done.

Note, can’t entirely blame the offense fall off, since the collapse of the defense in 2011, the draft priority has been with the defense (minus Eddie Lacy #2 round). To a certain degree, it has finally caught up. I expect a major reversal this next draft.

On the positive, it will be an uphill battle, but unlike other teams there is a lot there to work with and with the right jumps from off-season young WR (Abby/Janis/Montgomery) and the return of Jordy, this part is not as bad as the sky is falling as it may seem. The OL is pretty solid, but change it is very fragile as we found out this last year. RB/TE needs a tweak (or a kick in the butt), so this is training/mental fix, or competition remove it situation.

(Always) In TT/MM we trust…Get’er done coaches and players!!!

D

Deleted member 6794

A friend of mine who is a Dolphins fan thinks they will be cutting Cameron this spring. He only
had around 35 catches last year and the Dolphins have some cap issues.

Cameron would make a ton of sense, especially after bringing in his former position coach in Cleveland to coach the tight ends.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he thought he could be the sucessor for campen. But it seems they are gonna keep campen and let him go.
Solari should have been the head o line coach, but Campen appears to be untouchable. I was hoping McCarthy would promote Campen to assistant head coach, in charge of nothing, and get an offensive line coach capable of developing an above average offensive line. Campen's lines are cumulatively below average in both run blocking and pass blocking for the past 9 years. We win in spite of this purely because of Rodgers. Interesting that Belichek just fired his o line coach for results (no. 2 in run blocking; no. 19 in pass blocking) better than our o line this year. He must think the Patriots would be even better with a decent line in front of Brady.

Members online

Latest posts