1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

REPORT: Packers RB and Te coach fired

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Vrill, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
  2. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    Interesting...

Don't think that was the root cause of RB this year... But still interesting.

3. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
  4. Wynnebeck

Wynnebeck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Simple really. You are the RB coach. Your feature back shows up to training camp overweight. Then he goes through training camp even heavier than before. Next you have this feature back and his backup fumble balls left and right. Plus your same feature back has discipline problems. A lot of that are things Sam Gash had known and did nothing to help fix. Now granted Starks did the best he could as a RB2, but Lacy's chunky butt is now on the hottest of seats after getting called out. MM said there were going to be changes and like a man of his word, we are starting to see them. I like this MM. He is angry and he is now on a warpath. Everyone better cover their necks because heads are starting to roll.

5. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    What's wrong with Campen?

6. Ace

Ace Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +525
    Wonder Why? 2 RB's ranking outside the top 20 in YPC, Lacy overweight, Starks fumbling. Is that all on him? No but I guess they felt he wasn't helping the situation either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +636
    OL has been a consistent problem for years, and last year the unit crapped out mid season. I think Campen does a good job coaching up individual players but I think he's a bad unit Coach. OL is probably the toughest position to coach, it's usually the largest or second largest position group on a team and the level of coordination is above and beyond any other position group. It seems like with Campen there's always a part of a season where the unit falls apart only to come back together with increased TLC from MM and Co.

8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    didn't they bring an oline guy from the 49er's over too this year? i expected a lot more from our run game that's for sure and our Oline in terms of run blocking. But maybe it was all injury related. Turns out B is going to be having some ankle surgery in the offseason

9. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I only have three Packers jerseys, and Campen is one of them. I loved the guy at center but agree with easyk, he just has never cut it as a coach.

Sam Gash is no big loss. Wynnebeck and Ace nailed it. They had to cut Alonzo Harris mid season for discipline. All of the fumbles by Starks and Lacy.

10. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,779
    I had already forgotten about Harris being cut, that just makes it even more obvious that the group as a whole was being coached a little loosely.

11. Wynnebeck

Wynnebeck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
  12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    I think the backup OL were less effective than#3-5 TE.

13. Patriotplayer90

Patriotplayer90 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +340
    Is this his scapegoat? How about giving the guy some talent to work with?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Un4GivN

Un4GivN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +377
    I feel like they are just letting go of small pieces...

Is it just me or does there seem to be a bigger problem with the offense than RB and TE coach?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Patriotplayer90

Ratings:
    +340
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe there are more changes to come.

16. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    No. Its more like house cleaning. Sometimes fresh eyes and fresh blood is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    TE coach was with Mm for a long time, so there goes the buddy and loyalty thing

18. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +845
    I understand the moves, but I don't think it was Sam Gash's job to stand between Eddie Lacy and the buffet table. If it was, then he definitely failed at his job. Somebody research this for me.

19. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    The offensive line has been offensive for years, does Campen get to stay?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    Gash didn't keep his house in order. He is Big Ed and that cat that got cut's point man. He is the first line of communication between those guys and MM. His interview clip where he defends big ed's fumbles and went into the whole " i only recall one man who walked this earth and was perfect". How the hell hard is it to hold him accountable. Oh well....see ya.

As far as TE goes....TT hasn't given them much to work with. RR is pretty good. Quarless probably hit his max potential but still kinda sucks. Perillo didn't get much opportunity and was hurt when he did. The blackman guy.....I only remember him ******* up the fake punt from minnesota.

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Pretty sure there are things behind the scenes that they wont divulge that led to this...being late or missing meetings just the only thing we hear.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    It is his job for the attitude and focus of.his players. If its one or two players maybe it is not his fault, but when all your players are not performing and have attitude problems, then the coach has got to go. Who was the RB who got cut a few weeks ago, Harris? I think there were some issues with that position group and probably the TEs as well.

23. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    Here is where I think that a lot of fans get it wrong. It is not realistic to stock every position with amazing talent. All perennial contenders have holes and it's the coaching staff's job to take mediocre talent and turn them into better players.

Any one of us could be a position coach when its stocked with "talent." These coaches are there to make the unit better, to teach them how to succeed at their positions, and how to win the battles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    I think the RB position has been stocked with talent. I don't think the TE position has. RR is a nice possession #2 TE. The rest has been dumpster fire since Finley left. TT has given them crap to work with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Patriotplayer90

Ratings:
    +340
    I see what you are saying, but how high of a ceiling do Rodgers and Perillo have? I can't say it's a bad move, but I think there are more pressing issues. Like an offensive mind who can create a scheme that actually still works after 1 player goes down.

• Agree Agree x 1