report: Favre should play

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre expected to play next week

Quarterback Brett Favre has a bruised right elbow -- a less serious injury than he suffered last November -- and is expected to play Dec. 9 against Oakland, coach Mike McCarthy said this afternoon.

Favre also aggravated an old separation on his left (non-throwing) shoulder, but that injury isn't a concern, according to McCarthy.

"To quote the medical staff, the (starting) streak is not in danger," McCarthy said.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Did one expect anything different?

Aaron will get his chance one day... but it won't be the Raider game.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's good news. No more crazy play calling for him though. I don't think I can go through that again. With as much preasure as the Cowboys put on him that early the long ball was the wrong call to make. I'm glad they made adjustments at half time and fixed the problem but by then it was too late to help Brett out. I don't want to see Favre out for the season.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just saw this pop up on the screen during the celtics miami game. cracked me up. I dont think one person in the packer nation was doubtful. If they carted him off in an ambulance... i would expect him to play next week.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was very uncharacteristic of Favre so far this season, but he sure did look like the Favre of old. I doubt the gameplan was to throw bombs every down. Favre is continuing to show that when he is down in a HYPED UP game he gets trigger happy. I hope he can control himself in the playoffs, or he just might possibly not be starting at QB next year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just saw this pop up on the screen during the celtics miami game. cracked me up. I dont think one person in the packer nation was doubtful. If they carted him off in an ambulance... i would expect him to play next week.
Heck........if they carted him off in a HEARSE I'd expect him to play the next week! :lol:
Anyway..........it's the Raiders next week, not the Cowboys. So we SHOULD be able to win, even with a depleted team. I'll tell you, if Favre shows ANY bit that he's not 90% or better health wise, if i was "Eminem" (Thats my new name for Mike McCarthy) I'd pull him, and let Rodgers take care of the Raiders. We NEED Favre 100% for the playoff push.
If we make the playoffs, but the team is destroyed by injuries, we won't make it far.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was very uncharacteristic of Favre so far this season, but he sure did look like the Favre of old. I doubt the gameplan was to throw bombs every down. Favre is continuing to show that when he is down in a HYPED UP game he gets trigger happy. I hope he can control himself in the playoffs, or he just might possibly not be starting at QB next year.

Yeah, that's right, I really think the coaches are really considering benching this guy: Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d804a3f24&template=without-video&confirm=true

Step away from the Bong !!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather Favre rest his arm(start him, then take him out after the 1st quarter) but its a good thing he's healthy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather Favre rest his arm(start him, then take him out after the 1st quarter) but its a good thing he's healthy.
I agree. Start him, get a bit of a lead, then let "Mr. Rodgers" take over.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Maybe we should send Nurse Cheesey to make sure he is ready to go next week... :lol: :shock:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe people in the media are actually wondering whether or not Favre can come back and play well. He has a bad game against a very good team and now it's 05 all over again. It's all about what you did yesterday when in reality, Green Bay is 10-2 and Favre is on pace for 30 TD's and 4,000 yards.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we should send Nurse Cheesey to make sure he is ready to go next week... :lol: :shock:

OKAY :lol: That's just gotta be the one thing to scare Brett right outa any hospital room and back on to the field :lol: LMAO ( Look at Cheesey ) :shock: Are those Grapefruits for real ? :lol: :shock: It's waht Cheesey is hiding in his Left hand that scares me :?:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news indeed.
It's not the streak I'm worried about. I'm genuinely concerned for my favorite player's health.

That said, in the offseason, we really need to upgrade our OL. It was getting Favre and Rodgers killed against Dallas. It works against decent teams, but fails against top tier teams. I was really happy to see Rodgers has a good eye for avoiding sacks, and is mobile.

This is not acceptable. We will not be an elite team with just an average OL.

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone thought he was going to miss next week's game. Even his own comments immediately following the game should have been enough of a clue for the media. He has nine days to rest following the injury, he'll be fine.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I will say is, I really feel sorry for the Raiders secondary next week. Favre is injured, and probably pissed off. Bad news for Oakland.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh geez........this pic is making the rounds, isn't it????
(Man dress up ONE time as a nurse, and they NEVER let you forget it!!!!!) :lol:

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never really had a doubt that he would play.....he's Brett Favre haha.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe people in the media are actually wondering whether or not Favre can come back and play well. He has a bad game against a very good team and now it's 05 all over again. It's all about what you did yesterday when in reality, Green Bay is 10-2 and Favre is on pace for 30 TD's and 4,000 yards.

Agreed. Short memories they have.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

That's a double bagger... :shock:

By the way Cheesey, what are you doing Saturday night? :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Pack93z said:

That's a double bagger... :shock:

By the way Cheesey, what are you doing Saturday night? :lol:
Now what......but WHO!!! :lol: