Redskins Taylor shot, undergoing treatment at Miami hospital

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Taylor in critical condition after shooting
Alex Marvez
FOX Sports, Updated 2 minutes

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has undergone surgery for a life-threatening gunshot wound suffered early Monday morning at his South Miami home, FOXSports.com has learned.

A source said Taylor was shot on the inside of his leg during a home invasion involving "one or maybe more: individuals. The bullet pierced Taylor's femoral artery, causing him to get rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami.
"He's in critical condition and has somewhat stabilized after surgery, but things could go either way at this point," the source said. "He's lost an incredible amount of blood. At this point, we're just waiting to see how he responds to the surgery."

Taylor's family has asked that no information about his condition be released at this point, said Lorraine Nelson, a hospital spokeswoman.

The Miami Herald reported that patrol officers received a call about 1:45 a.m. that a homeowner had been shot in the leg. The homeowners told police they heard intruders at the rear door of the house, trying to pry it open.

The male homeowner went to investigate and a female in the house then heard a shot. Paramedics responded and found the victim, with a gunshot wound to the groin.

Taylor has a home in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay that he bought two years ago. The 24-year-old player is in his fourth season with the Redskins after playing at the University of Miami, where he was an All-American in 2003. He leads the team with five interceptions but has missed the last two games because of a knee injury.

Taylor has been in trouble numerous times since he was drafted as the No. 5 overall pick in 2004. He has been fined at least seven times during his professional career for late hits and other infractions, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006. He also was fined $25,000 for skipping a mandatory rookie symposium shortly after he was drafted.

Redskins coaches and players have defended Taylor, saying he was smart and misunderstood. Taylor has been slow let anyone into his inner circle. He has rarely spoken to reporters, saying he does not trust them. Teammates said he became more mature over the last year after he became a father for the first time.

In 2005, Taylor was accused of brandishing a gun at a man and repeatedly hitting him during a fight that broke out after Taylor and some friends went looking for the people who had allegedly stolen his all-terrain vehicles.

Taylor reached a deal with prosecutors last year after they agreed to drop felony charges against him. He pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors in the assault case and was sentenced to 18 months probation. The pleas prompted another fine from the NFL but kept his football career intact.

He also was ordered to talk about the importance of education at 10 Miami schools and had to contribute $1,000 for scholarships to each of those schools.

The man Taylor allegedly hit, Ryan Hill, sued, seeking at least $15,000 in damages. Hill sustained bruises to his body, incurred medical expenses and lost wages because of the fight, the lawsuit said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Redskins Taylor shot, undergoing treatment at Miami hosp

Wow.........i hate hearing this kind of stuff happening. I can't help but wonder if it was someone he knows. Sounds like he might have had his "demons" in his past, and maybe one of these clowns came back to get him for some reason.

Reaction score
Adam Schefter reported during NFL Total Access that Taylor flat lined twice during his 6 hour operation.

That's some serious stuff, and very unfortunate considering people are saying how Sean had worked hard to turn his life around ever since he had his first son born a year ago.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has just been reported in the UK that Sean Taylor passed away this morning.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Redskins organisation at this very sad time

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Redskins Taylor shot, undergoing treatment at Miami hosp

It has just been reported in the UK that Sean Taylor passed away this morning.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Redskins organisation at this very sad time

It was just on CNN now.....

Such a young man, so sad.

Link

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard the news early this morning as well. I am so sad for his family. My prayers are with them at this time. Just goes to show anyone that we just dont know how much time we have on this earth. Love everyone!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espn reported someone broke into his bedroom and fired two shots, one of which obviously hit him.

Horrible horrible tragedy. I feel awful for his significant other and 1 year old son!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espn reported someone broke into his bedroom and fired two shots, one of which obviously hit him.

Horrible horrible tragedy. I feel awful for his significant other and 1 year old son!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Such a tragedy, I mean it sounds like the kid had turned the corner on a troubled past, was getting married and started a family.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor family, the Redskins and all others who cared for his well being. Senseless!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
unbelievable...my thoughts and prayers go out to Sean Taylor's family. Somebody wrote 'senseless'. I couldn't agree more.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Senseless sums it up well.
I hope they catch the creep that did this, and put him where he belongs.
RIP

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW!...Last night I was encouraged to hear he was responsive, and then this morning, I turn on the TV and hear he has passed away. Sad day for his family, friends, the Redskins and the NFL...RIP

jnells

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RIP
Sean Taylor was a force in the Redskins secondary.
Not only will the Redskins organization miss him, but i'm sure all of the NFL will. I know I'll miss watching him, I loved his hard hitting the most. It's too bad he had to go like this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts