Ready or not, here come the predictions

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
warhawk said:
Lions - 5 wins (continue to have no focus on how to improve the team).

Vikes - 7 wins (Johnson will prove why letting Culpepper go was a mistake)

Bears - 8 wins (Complacent off season after blowout playoff loss= 50/50)

Pakers - 9 wins (Upgraded D and still the best QB in the North by far.)

Our schedule doesn't hurt. While our record was lousy we competed in most every game and would have most certainly won more if every body that knew how to get across the goal line wasn't hurt.

Now we get to take advantage of last years debacle by catching a lot of teams that were lousy last year also. The North isn't all that tough to begin with and when you get teams like the Saints, Arizona, Jets, Rams, Buffalo, etc., nine wins is certainly not unlikely.

I'm not sold on the Bears. Their offense is lousy and the defense is overrated from what I saw. The Pack moved the ball all over the field with all our key guys hurt which didn't impress me much and the "D" really let them down in the playoff loss.
They weren't very good in the beginning of the year, then got better, and tailed off towards the end. That doesn't give me enough to feel the "D will carry them to a division title.

:roll: Bwahahahahahaha. Allowing 202 points all season is overrated? Blowout playoff loss, wasn't it 29-21? According to your assessment The packers improved while the rest of the NFC North got worse. No, your not a homer at all. :wink:

Yep. They gave up 202 points against the 32nd, 31st, 30th, 28th(twice), 25th, 22nd (twice)and 19th (twice), ranked SCORING OFFENSES.

They got a week off, playing at home, and yes, their "D" was blown out by Carolina. Unless you saw something pretty there that I missed.

Again, the Pack get's a schedule much like the Bears got last year, they have brought up the personnel on "D", they have a better QB than anyone else in the division, and, have not seen anything other teams have done to get all that much better.

If what I see the way I see it makes me a homer than so be it. Packers go 9-7 and are North Champs.

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
PackerSacker54 said:
warhawk said:

Our schedule doesn't hurt. While our record was lousy we competed in most every game and would have most certainly won more if every body that knew how to get across the goal line wasn't hurt.

Now we get to take advantage of last years debacle by catching a lot of teams that were lousy last year also. The North isn't all that tough to begin with and when you get teams like the Saints, Arizona, Jets, Rams, Buffalo, etc., nine wins is certainly not unlikely.

I'm not sold on the Bears. Their offense is lousy and the defense is overrated from what I saw. The Pack moved the ball all over the field with all our key guys hurt which didn't impress me much and the "D" really let them down in the playoff loss.
They weren't very good in the beginning of the year, then got better, and tailed off towards the end. That doesn't give me enough to feel the "D will carry them to a division title.

:roll: Bwahahahahahaha. Allowing 202 points all season is overrated? Blowout playoff loss, wasn't it 29-21? According to your assessment The packers improved while the rest of the NFC North got worse. No, your not a homer at all. :wink:

Yep. They gave up 202 points against the 32nd, 31st, 30th, 28th(twice), 25th, 22nd (twice)and 19th (twice), ranked SCORING OFFENSES.

They got a week off, playing at home, and yes, their "D" was blown out by Carolina. Unless you saw something pretty there that I missed.

Again, the Pack get's a schedule much like the Bears got last year, they have brought up the personnel on "D", they have a better QB than anyone else in the division, and, have not seen anything other teams have done to get all that much better.

If what I see the way I see it makes me a homer than so be it. Packers go 9-7 and are North Champs.
I would love to make a wager on this. I'll take any bet on the pack going 9-7 or just them being on top of the NFC North.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mineral 723,
I have no problem putting a saw buck on the Pack finishing 9-7 or better. If I did I wouldn't have wrote it.

Favre and Co. have pumped out winning seasons year in year out until last year and many want to turn them to dust over it. I just don't happen to be one of them.

The only way I see it not happening would be if they were swept by the Bears and Vikes again this year. Considering Favre has owned the Bears and it took two last second field goals by the Vikes I don't see it.

So if you want to put a $100 on it let's do it. It costs me more to put gas in my boat. I could use a little extra for my fishing fund.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
PackerSacker54 said:
warhawk said:

Bwahahahahahaha! You have got to be high. I laugh at how the Packers fans hatred for the Bears blinds them to the fact that the Bears were a good team with a great defense last season and also to the fact that the Bears are presently a better team than the Packers. You fudgies always find a way to skew the facts that the Bears defense was very good and that they are the current division champs even though they started a 4th round rookie QB for most of the season. How many games do think the Packers would win with Rodgers starting under center? Those days are coming. You know teams go through bad times and can't win forever right?
Favre, the best QB in the North? I'm not so sure on that one. Maybe he has the best career of any QB in the North and most in the NFL but old Brett's stock is plummeting. 29 ints, need I say more. He actually lost games for you guys. Good luck with the 9 wins this season, apparently anything is possible, especially in Green Bay. :wink:

Reaction score
warhawk said:

Warhawk, amazing post. Didn't know that. Thank brother! :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I see this as a division full of almosts. Decent teams thatdon't have enough to seriously compete.

Lions - 6-10
Bears - 9-7
Vikings - 7-9
Packers - 7-9

That's what'll make the divsion competitive.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 2 cents worth...I would be pleasently surprised with 8-8. If we get 9-7, MM should be named coach of the year. IMHO, we go 7-9 with the D showing real progress. We lose games because of an anemic O. I look forward to eating crow, feathers and all.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why is this years Packer team going to be better than last years 4-12 mess? I guess that they really bolstered their roster with all of those pro-bowl caliber players they picked up in the off-season eh? :roll:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
So why is this years Packer team going to be better than last years 4-12 mess? I guess that they really bolstered their roster with all of those pro-bowl caliber players they picked up in the off-season eh? :roll:

we snatched Pickett and Woodson...plus Brett is comin' back, granted he's no Brian Griese....

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Haven't you heard? The return of Lord Favre and the drafting of A.J. Hawk cancels out everything negative about the Fudgies. They will go 13 -3 and win the NFC. :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
Philtration said:

Haven't you heard? The return of Lord Favre and the drafting of A.J. Hawk cancels out everything negative about the Fudgies. They will go 13 -3 and win the NFC. :wink:

Damn even a bear fan can come up with two reason right off the top of his head. Be afraid......be very afraid.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
Philtration said:

arrowgargantuan said:
Philtration said:

we snatched Pickett and Woodson...plus Brett is comin' back, granted he's no Brian Griese....

HE NEVER LEFT!

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we sweep the Bears, Lions and Vikings and lose all 10 of the other games I'll still be one happy camper!!

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
mineral 723,
I have no problem putting a saw buck on the Pack finishing 9-7 or better. If I did I wouldn't have wrote it.

Favre and Co. have pumped out winning seasons year in year out until last year and many want to turn them to dust over it. I just don't happen to be one of them.

The only way I see it not happening would be if they were swept by the Bears and Vikes again this year. Considering Favre has owned the Bears and it took two last second field goals by the Vikes I don't see it.

So if you want to put a $100 on it let's do it. It costs me more to put gas in my boat. I could use a little extra for my fishing fund.
How about we bet signatures on this message board? If you win, you can put whatever you want in my signature, and if I win, I put whatever I want in yours?
I don't gamble money on anything.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
PackerSacker54 said:
Philtration said:

Damn even a bear fan can come up with two reason right off the top of his head. Be afraid......be very afraid.

Ummm, sarcasm dude. :wink:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
plus Brett is comin' back, granted he's no Brian Griese....

Right, Brett has a full point higher career QB rating. Plus, it would take Griese 3 or 4 seasons to complete 29 passes to the other team.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
arrowgargantuan said:
plus Brett is comin' back, granted he's no Brian Griese....

Right, Brett has a full point higher career QB rating. Plus, it would take Griese 3 or 4 seasons to complete 29 passes to the other team.

thats what i'm saying man.

anybody who watches football knows that Brian Griese is the superior QB between the 2.

"Stats are a helluva drug." - Rick James

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it would take Griese that much time to complete 29 passes imagine how long it would take Grossman.....I mean he only plays 1-2 games a yeear

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
If it would take Griese that much time to complete 29 passes imagine how long it would take Grossman.....I mean he only plays 1-2 games a yeear

Luckily those 1-2 games have been against GB the past couple of years. It has really helped his record. Not to mention what GB has done for Neck Beard Orton.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
warhawk said:

What a gem of a post. :rotflmao:

Staff online

Members online