RAS Comparisons

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFLdraftbuzz.
Although I misrepresented his 40 time was 4.59. His shuttle was 4.05 pro shuttle. Made Bruce Feldman’s Freaks list

Those are all old figures - most of the time coming into college - be cautious placing too much trust in them as current.

Reaction score
Hang on...where are you getting these numbers? Reported workout times? Official combine or pro days haven't happened for him?

Ade is a beast, and I have a solid 3rd round at worst expectation personally. I could see a draft where he goes last ten picks of the second honestly before slipping to the fourth. If he is there in the 4th I'd 100% classify that a steal like our Tom pick last year when we nabbed him.

You’ll see him mentioned here in his little brothers write up #5

Reaction score
Those are all old figures - most of the time coming into college - be cautious placing too much trust in them as current.
Yeah I get that. But Coming into college Squatting 675lbs at 282lbs and running a 4.59 40 yard and jumping a 37.5 vertical?
That only makes it more impressive. Anyways they recapped each college season, so that wouldn’t align with testing numbers from High School in either case.

All I’m saying is be watching him at Combine

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I get that. But Coming into college Squatting 675lbs at 282lbs and running a 4.59 40 yard and jumping a 37.5 vertical?
That only makes it more impressive.

Purely a hunch but I'd bet their sources come from pre college, during college and perhaps even sources with claimed workouts now. I've seen them align right along with prodays/combine but I've also seen some that made me scratch my head twice, take a shot and check again.... LOL

Reaction score
Purely a hunch but I'd bet their sources come from pre college, during college and perhaps even sources with claimed workouts now. I've seen them align right along with prodays/combine but I've also seen some that made me scratch my head twice, take a shot and check again.... LOL
I think it was Bruce Feldman verifying it last summer. But how that works idk I’m sure it’s unofficial or whatever. I just know I don’t want to tick him off late night in the back alley after bar time! :whistling:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That only makes it more impressive. Anyways they recapped each college season, so that wouldn’t align with testing numbers from High School in either case.

All I’m saying is be watching him at Combine

Oh like I said I'm higher on him than you said with a fourth. He is good.

Reaction score
Oh like I said I'm higher on him than you said with a fourth. He is good.
I did see a Mock where he was floating around our #76 selection and that’s partly where this got started for me.

Enagbare + Adebawore just sounds interesting. Let’s Keep ‘em guessing!

Here’s an interesting array and surprisingly he hit a Day 1 grade in a couple mocks, which I didn’t expect.
Notice where his cumulative spot nearly overlaps GB there at #74. Scroll down to see the guesses.

Throw out the outliers of 3 Highs and 3 Lows and he’s a Solid 3rd Rounder. I’m not sure he fits our Defense though as He’s more tweener 3-5T. But he’s going to test valid and he’s got himself a high octane motor and you can’t teach that.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did see a Mock where he was floating around our #76 selection and that’s partly where this got started for me.

Enagbare + Adebawore just sounds interesting. Let’s Keep ‘em guessing!

Fehoko is an edge for the fourth round I love.

Reaction score
Edge Players:

-Rashan Gary: 9.95
-Preston Smith: 9.8
-Danielle Hunter: 9.89
-Za'Darius Smith: 3.75
-Khalil Mack: 9.31
-T.J. Watt: 9.92
-Jason Pierre-Paul: 6.61
-Justin Houston: 9.26
-Trey Hendrickson: 9.53
-Myles Garrett: 9.99
-Von Miller: 9.97
-Matthew Judon: 6.98
-Carl Lawson: 6.16
-Demarcus Lawrence: 5.14
-Micah Parsons: 9.59
-Brandon Graham: 7.55
-Haason Red****: 9.08
-Montez Sweat: 9.88
-Jerry Hughes: 8.79
-Brian Burns: 9.90
-Cameron Jordan: 8.86
-Chandler Jones: 8.30
-Maxx Crosby: 9.64
-Joey Bosa: 8.90
-Nick Bosa: 9.44
-Leonard Floyd: 9.81
-Robert Quinn: 8.08

There's a 27 player sample.

9.0+: 16 (57%)
8.0+: 21 (75%)
7.0+: 22 (79%)
Sub 7.0: 5 (18%)
Sub 6.0: 2 (3%)

Average: 8.67

I consider edge to be THE position where RAS matters more than any other. If you are not at least a "good" athlete by NFL standards, the odds that you will become a great pass rusher are minimal. And even then, there is a heavy lean towards being a "great" athlete, by which I mean 8.0+.
With that RAS at the Edge position being a major component, check out what Adebawore is doing at Combine. I’ll first point out that he’s a Tweener, as he was played inside quite a bit there at NorthWestern. He’s as much a DT as he is in that Edge category. He’s essentially the same size as Aaron Donald’s 6’0 6/10” height X284lb
Adebawore’s 6’1 7/10” X282lb. similarly hurt his RAS.
As long as his Medicals and his interview go well he’s now a solid top 50 selection. I suspect more back of Day 1. One team’s scout said that in his entire career, he cannot think of a proper comp player to Adebawore

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Brian Branch's initial, unofficial RAS is 5.90. If that holds up, that's a big no for me in round 1.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Combine has become kind of frustrating. Seems like training for the events has gotten really refined and maybe juiced some results. Also, most guys who won't test well skip the testing. Finally, so many guys skip the agilities, which mean that they need to come in piecemeal. All that said, here are some observations by position relevant to the Packers:

Wide Receiver:

-A few Day 2/3 guys who measured/tested like Packers: Jonathan Mingo (Ole Miss, 9.93), Rashee Rice (SMU, 9.65), Cedric Tillman (TENN, 9.56), A.T. Perry (WAKE, 9.24), Michael Wilson (STAN, 9.34)

-A few notables who tested fairly well but are probably too small for GB: Jalin Hyatt (TENN, 9.46, 176#), Marvin Mims (OK, 9.13, 183#), Tyler Scott (CIN, 8.30, 177#), Josh Downs (UNC, 7.79, 171#), Zay Flowers (BC, 7.66, 182#)

-Notables with disappointing numbers (I would personally not want the Packers to take them): Jordan Addison (USC, 5.82), Jayden Reed (MSU, 6.18), Nathaniel Dell (HOU, 5.36), Kayshon Boutte (LSU, 4.73)

-Quentin Johnston got off to a great start, but didn't finish testing: 6'3", 208#, 40.5" vert, 11'2" broad.

-Big Winner: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, OSU finished with a 9.39 RAS after weighing in at a shade over 6' and 196#. He didn't run the forty because his long speed isn't his calling card, but his jumps were solid at 35" 10'5" and his agilities were unreal: 3.93 SS and 6.57 3C. I'd take this guy at #15 for sure.

Tight End:

-Packer type testers: Luke Musgrave (OSU, 9.95), Darnell Washington (UGA, 9.85), Luke Schoonmaker (MICH, 9.75), Tucker Kraft (SDSU, 9.85), Sam LaPorta (IOWA, 9.26), Brenton Strange (PSU, 8.92), Josh Whyle (CIN, 8.86), Davis Allen (CLEM, 8.77).

-I was disappointed with Michael Mayer (ND, 8.08); the testing numbers were find, but the size was not what I wanted to see. If he's really going to be a plus blocker in the NFL, I'd want to see more like (sub 32" arms) and more mass (sub 250#). He's about the same size as George Kittle, but Kittle has more length and explosive movement.

-Dalton Kincaid did not test. He was bigger than expected, which was a plus. If he tested really well, he would probably be the only TE I'd be alright with in round 1. However, he's super old. He will turn 24 in October. That's particularly troubling at tight end, which is traditionally slow to develop. I don't want a player who is hitting his stride at age 27. 4

-I find Washington and Musgrave super intriguing, but this TE class is so deep-- they need to wait until day 2. Target Schoonmaker, Strange, Allen, Whyle, LaPorta.

Tackle:

-The best indicators on the OL are agility drills and almost no one did them. Blake Freeland of BYU hit the thresholds, but I'm sure he's super old. Cody Mauch (NDSU) did too, but he needs to play inside. John Ojukwu of Boise State tested like a Packer. Jordan McFadden (Clemson) was close.

-No agilities, but my favorite tackle in this class is Darnell Wright (Tennessee). He's got mass (6'5" 333#) and good movement (9.45 RAS). Well-tested on tape and showed up. Highly intelligent.

-Skoronski's arm length (32.25") is basically disqualifying at OT.

-Dawand Jones proved to be every bit as massive as he looked on tape: 6'8", 374#, 36+" arms, 11.6" hands. If teams feel like he has functional movement on tape, he will go round 1.

Edge:

-Very intrigued with Lukas Van Ness (IOWA, 9.22) and Nolan Smith (UGA, 9.21). Van Ness' # is partially depressed by a lower bench number, which... who cares? Nolan Smith is light but would bring a unique skill set to the defense if Barry could use it.

-I love Derick Hall's profile, being a shorter guy (6'2.5") with length (34.5" arms). Explosive tester.

Safety:

-This class is really bad. Some highly regarded prospects tested poorly and shouldn't be drafted in their projected range (Branch, Alabama, 6.10; Antonio Johnson, Texas AM, 5.24; Ji'Ayir Brown, Penn State, 4.59; Christopher Smith, Georgia, 2.97; Jammie Robinson, Florida State, 4.89). History would say that the odds of success for those guys is really low.

-The intersection of guys that are at least somewhat well regarded on tape and tested well enough is pretty small: Sydney Brown (ILL, 9.63), Anthony Johnson (ISU, 9.11), Jartavius Martin (ILL, 8.95), Jordan Battle (UA, 8.99). The problem there is that decent prospects are probably going to get overdrafted in this week class.

-The guy I'm most interested in, J.L. Skinner (Boise State), did not test. He did prove that his listed size was legit: 6'4", 209#.

-

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brother you summarized everything I would say...I won't repeat but will share some thoughts additionally or disagreement thoughts:

Mayer tested exactly how I expected - he is not an athletic specimen, what he does VERY good he excels at (blocking, reading coverages, high pointing, body control and hands)...but he will never be an elite specimen athletically. He is a round 1 guy purely from how sure thing he is for me but I do agree, if you want an athletic beast Mayer is not necessarily your guy.

I love the appreciation you have for Allen - he won the TE group for me in just how surprising he was at least for me. His body movement was WR-esq and I thought he tested just as a better pure athlete than I felt his tape showcased (which again in that offense he wasn't a center piece so somewhat hidden).

Safety - The pure weakness of this position leads me to think I'd love to just go CB over S and just let Douglas or another slide back over trying to force a Safety. I have always loved Sydney Brown, but am firmly in the concept of grabbing him and Jordan Battle before I'd give up a pick on Branch personally.

WR - I actually think Mims is everything they wanted Rodgers to be, but far far more Cobb like and receiver like than Rodgers ever was. I cannot express how happy was to see Tillman and Mingo confirm what I saw on tape (love them Day 2 type guys) and Andrei also tested very well as a rawer version of Watson type guy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say, if a Rodgers to Jets trade happens and we get some return (I don't envision a first personally) but still....Imagine a world where we give love say JSN in the first, one of the top 5/6 TEs in the second, a starting level tackle if we pick up an additional second or third and as a cherry on top Marvin Mims in the third.

I believe Mims may be the Randall Cobb type guy finally - and I honestly love the make up of our WR room types as the top four are all VERY different in Watson / JSN / Doubs / Mims and add in Toure or a low level veteran maybe....that's a group Love can get gelled with and grow.

Reaction score
The Combine has become kind of frustrating. Seems like training for the events has gotten really refined and maybe juiced some results. Also, most guys who won't test well skip the testing. Finally, so many guys skip the agilities, which mean that they need to come in piecemeal. All that said, here are some observations by position relevant to the Packers:

Wide Receiver:

-A few Day 2/3 guys who measured/tested like Packers: Jonathan Mingo (Ole Miss, 9.93), Rashee Rice (SMU, 9.65), Cedric Tillman (TENN, 9.56), A.T. Perry (WAKE, 9.24), Michael Wilson (STAN, 9.34)

-A few notables who tested fairly well but are probably too small for GB: Jalin Hyatt (TENN, 9.46, 176#), Marvin Mims (OK, 9.13, 183#), Tyler Scott (CIN, 8.30, 177#), Josh Downs (UNC, 7.79, 171#), Zay Flowers (BC, 7.66, 182#)

-Notables with disappointing numbers (I would personally not want the Packers to take them): Jordan Addison (USC, 5.82), Jayden Reed (MSU, 6.18), Nathaniel Dell (HOU, 5.36), Kayshon Boutte (LSU, 4.73)

-Quentin Johnston got off to a great start, but didn't finish testing: 6'3", 208#, 40.5" vert, 11'2" broad.

-Big Winner: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, OSU finished with a 9.39 RAS after weighing in at a shade over 6' and 196#. He didn't run the forty because his long speed isn't his calling card, but his jumps were solid at 35" 10'5" and his agilities were unreal: 3.93 SS and 6.57 3C. I'd take this guy at #15 for sure.

Tight End:

-Packer type testers: Luke Musgrave (OSU, 9.95), Darnell Washington (UGA, 9.85), Luke Schoonmaker (MICH, 9.75), Tucker Kraft (SDSU, 9.85), Sam LaPorta (IOWA, 9.26), Brenton Strange (PSU, 8.92), Josh Whyle (CIN, 8.86), Davis Allen (CLEM, 8.77).

-I was disappointed with Michael Mayer (ND, 8.08); the testing numbers were find, but the size was not what I wanted to see. If he's really going to be a plus blocker in the NFL, I'd want to see more like (sub 32" arms) and more mass (sub 250#). He's about the same size as George Kittle, but Kittle has more length and explosive movement.

-Dalton Kincaid did not test. He was bigger than expected, which was a plus. If he tested really well, he would probably be the only TE I'd be alright with in round 1. However, he's super old. He will turn 24 in October. That's particularly troubling at tight end, which is traditionally slow to develop. I don't want a player who is hitting his stride at age 27. 4

-I find Washington and Musgrave super intriguing, but this TE class is so deep-- they need to wait until day 2. Target Schoonmaker, Strange, Allen, Whyle, LaPorta.

Tackle:

-The best indicators on the OL are agility drills and almost no one did them. Blake Freeland of BYU hit the thresholds, but I'm sure he's super old. Cody Mauch (NDSU) did too, but he needs to play inside. John Ojukwu of Boise State tested like a Packer. Jordan McFadden (Clemson) was close.

-No agilities, but my favorite tackle in this class is Darnell Wright (Tennessee). He's got mass (6'5" 333#) and good movement (9.45 RAS). Well-tested on tape and showed up. Highly intelligent.

-Skoronski's arm length (32.25") is basically disqualifying at OT.

-Dawand Jones proved to be every bit as massive as he looked on tape: 6'8", 374#, 36+" arms, 11.6" hands. If teams feel like he has functional movement on tape, he will go round 1.

Edge:

-Very intrigued with Lukas Van Ness (IOWA, 9.22) and Nolan Smith (UGA, 9.21). Van Ness' # is partially depressed by a lower bench number, which... who cares? Nolan Smith is light but would bring a unique skill set to the defense if Barry could use it.

-I love Derick Hall's profile, being a shorter guy (6'2.5") with length (34.5" arms). Explosive tester.

Safety:

-This class is really bad. Some highly regarded prospects tested poorly and shouldn't be drafted in their projected range (Branch, Alabama, 6.10; Antonio Johnson, Texas AM, 5.24; Ji'Ayir Brown, Penn State, 4.59; Christopher Smith, Georgia, 2.97; Jammie Robinson, Florida State, 4.89). History would say that the odds of success for those guys is really low.

-The intersection of guys that are at least somewhat well regarded on tape and tested well enough is pretty small: Sydney Brown (ILL, 9.63), Anthony Johnson (ISU, 9.11), Jartavius Martin (ILL, 8.95), Jordan Battle (UA, 8.99). The problem there is that decent prospects are probably going to get overdrafted in this week class.

-The guy I'm most interested in, J.L. Skinner (Boise State), did not test. He did prove that his listed size was legit: 6'4", 209#.

-
Great analysis.
What are your thoughts on NW’s Adebawore? It seems like he’s not a natural Edge bender.
Where do you think (if it’s any) his value is to GB?

Reaction score
I believe that he would probably fill a role similar to Za'Darius when he was in Green Bay-- jumbo edge who can reduce inside.
Thanks. He reminds me of a slightly taller version of young Mike Daniels. Although he’s a Turbo version. He’s 15lb lighter, but much stronger and faster.

As far as RAS, This article just popped today. So I Thought I would share it

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. He reminds me of a slightly taller version of young Mike Daniels. Although he’s a Turbo version. He’s 15lb lighter, but much stronger and faster.

As far as RAS, This article just popped today. So I Thought I would share it

As that article points out Earl Bostick is a guy I have circled as a Packer for Day 3...also Asim Richards is another Day 3 Tackle prospect that has GB type written all over him...and Braeden Daniels everyone has read how much I love him.

Staff online

Members online