1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Randall Cobb: Liability?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Did anyone say to bench him? Also, I'm not ready to call him a return threat just yet. He's fine but needs a lot of work IMO.

2. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +964
    who would you like to see taking returns in his place?

3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    The kid is a rookie and is full of piss and vinegar. Maybe too much!! I think he needs to use his head a bit more but that will come. He's a talent we need. He'll be ok!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Oh please, if he was not running at all, I'm sure someone wouldn't be happy with him.

He's being groomed into a slot receiver and I'm sure he's going to get better in time, keep in mind he is a rookie, and it's OK to go through growing pains.

5. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,058
    He scares the living hell out of me. Against a better team, that turnover compounded by the Vikies capitalizing on it with a TD, would have cost the Pack the game (all things being equal). Still, I think that the WORST thing the Pack could do is get in there and mess with his head, meaning make him second guess himself -- then all that's created is a whipped puppy. I'd say that the Pack needs to let him make more mistakes and NOT let him watch any footage of Devin Hester.

6. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I do that in Madden lol. My punt returners always have like -30 or -40 yard returns. Lets me stat pad with the QB. Usually take it down to the 1 or 2 yard line and let the QB get a 99 yard TD or try to get a 99 yard run.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    I hope he focuses on ball security. If not he will end up on the bench.

8. Packers_89

Packers_89 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Exactly. I can live with him not getting a lot of yards on some plays. But if he starts fumbling more often, then we need to get someone else to do it. We can't give them those turnovers.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Your basically giving up 7 points when he fumbles. starting out 0-14 might be okay to a struggling team but I would be very worried if it was against the bears or a similar team.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,953
    With Edgar coaching the WR core again, I have a feeling that Cobb's fumbles will be fixed...Edgar seemed to get those Rb to hold onto their balls (done on purpose)

11. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +35
    He's a rookie, he's young he is always gonna make rookie mistakes he is learning more and more every game I'm sure with amazing receivers like Greg Jennings and Donald Driver ahead of him he is going to be a great player someday, But he's just living it up in the NFL he's gonna make a good receiver for the Packers he's just gotta continue to learn from those guys.

12. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15
    I think Grant has a fumble this year? Should we bench him? I was more upset with the dropped catch that would have been a first down Maybe a TD. He made up for it with a 40+ yard punt return that resulted in a FG? Or Td for us? I dont remember correctly.

What pisses me off more than anything is having the BEst QB in football right now and not trying to score in the second half. We get conservative and when u have an offense like this why not run up 60 points a game.,

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Case in points the Vikings. A better team would of taken that ball to the house during that ST play. It did eventually result in TD, if that play would of cost us the game, I think people/ coaches would be coming down on Cobb like the wrath of God. I'm feelin Cobb, but right now he's scaring the living hell out of me.

14. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    The frightening thing is that these are mistakes that should be corrected by good coaching; and who is our ST coach? I don't think Slocum is capable of turning Cobb into the ST player he could be.

15. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15
    Cobb is a superstar in the making. And playing with Rodgers only helps.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    Cobb is beastin right now

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +172
    Anyone think Cobb is like the new JJ, has tons of talent and very good hands, just cannot concentrate on making the catch first then running.

18. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    He's still a rookie...

19. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Love Cobb, drops a few, but his speed is killer.

20. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    Cobb is very dangerous. Thank God he is a Packer

21. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Ha I was going to raise this thread from the dead.

He got us 7, he cost us 7. He does well, but you could tell on the one he dropped that he tried to start running before he caught the ball. He'll come around.

22. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    He does need to learn from his mistakes. He's commiting the same type of error over and over. But I think he'll get it.

23. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    Do you think maybe he will get a little extra work on punt returns in the next few days?

24. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +103
    Even before last night's game I wouldn't have said he's a liability. Although he is young and makes mistakes, he has a tremendous amount of potential to be a benefit to the team in the years to come. Every time he gets the ball, my wife and I talk about how huge of a player he is going to become.

25. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    He impressed me last night with the punt return. I think that is the future we have to look forward to with Cobb. The fumble was a rookie mistake, with more experience, I think this guy is going to get better and better and we will have our own version of Hester on ST. Cobb has the potential to be explosive and he's a risk taker. I think what he needs is more experience.