1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Randall Cobb - James Jones

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mcoomer146, Apr 14, 2013.

1. mcoomer146

mcoomer146 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    I posted a couple more highlight videos

Randall Cobb - Second round gem

James Jones - Just catching touchdowns

• Like Like x 2
  2. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,472
    If MM commits to Cobb solely as a WR, I believe that he and Jones will eclipse Nelson as the top two receivers on the Packers depth chart. If he keeps using Cobb as a multi-threat, it will be Jones #1, Nelson #2, and Cobb #3 with Boykins and Ross battling for the #4 spot. A assume that TT will draft another WR to give competition for the fifth and final roster position

• Like Like x 1
  3. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    hey, WR is one position where we have no real needs. this team has depth at wideout...imagine any other team losing a donald driver and a greg jennings in one shot. they would be devistated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,268
    IMO if Nelson stays healthy he will be the #1 WR, in spite of Jones' incredible year catching TD passes. Nelson is a little taller, a little heavier, and a little faster. Both know the offense well. Jones was the beneficiary of being single covered a lot, even so I was so happy to see his renewed dedication and focus on catching the ball. He had his best season in that regard, McGinn has him dropping less than 3% of 108 targeted passing. Both will start at WR so it really doesn't matter who is #1, but if I were a DC and both were completely healthy, I'd worry more about Jordy than James.

I'd prefer Cobb not return KOs or punts but he'll probably be the PR. In spite of Jeremy Ross' critical fumble at San Fran, I hope he's the KOR. I hope someone else stands out at PR so Cobb can concentrate solely on offense. He should continue to be dynamic out of the slot and out of the backfield. He led the team in receptions, yards, YAC, and completions of 20 yards or more. According to McGinn, he played 858 snaps (including playoffs), 647 at WR, 61 in the backfield and 150 on STs. I'd rather those STs snaps be on offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    I don't know if I would call it a need but I would call it an area that should be invested in. We could lose Finley (not a WR but takes snaps as one) and jones next season, it would be wise to invest in either a pass catching TE and or a WR.

6. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +643
    I think moreso TE, especially one decent at blocking.

7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Even with a solid group of wr's i still forsee TT taking a Wr or TE as early as the second round. We don't know if Finley is going to be be bought back after next season and theres no guarantee that Jordy Nelson won't tweak a hamstring. We don't have the luxory or replacing him with a Jennings or Driver anymore.

8. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    There is no need to designate a #1/#2 wideout, maybe not even #3 in the Packer system. They are basically interchangeable, with the QB emphasizing the one that gets the least coverage. Clearly, Nelson excels out wide and Jones mostly there too, Cobb in the slot, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that changed up some also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I think this discussion has taken place in the Greg Jennings thread.

10. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    No matter what, you gotta love highlight videos. Jones was doing some incredible stuff last year.