1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Randall Cobb is HOT HOT HOT

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wood Chipper, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    Is anyone else excited after seeing him? I know it's a preseason game but I love the idea of mixing him in with our 4 receiver sets.
    [​IMG]

2. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Very excited. Looks smooth as silk on the field. Does not look like a rookie that was locked out, just learning the offense, playing in his first preseason game.

3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    He is the most exhilarating rookie that we have gotten in a while!

4. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175

Would love to see this as well, we have 5 WR and hopefully 2 TE (anther has to emerge just based on the numbers) just pick your poison, one way or another the passing game will thrive this season. Also nice to know that when DD retires we will still have 4 very good WR, assuming Jordy is resigned.

5. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Yes, it’s been two years since Thompson selected the phenomena known as Clay Matthews III. Of course he also selected Raji in that draft and although he didn’t make the splash Clay did as a rookie it’s been a long two years since the Packers added their best DL and pro bowl LB. :D

Seriously, I liked reading the early reports from camp that Cobb looked NFL-quick. That is crucial because he’s not overly fast but he’s got NFL quickness. That’s very important for a punt returner and will help him get separation on passing routes. He looks very smooth going into and coming out of breaks ala Jennings. That and his intelligence sets him apart from most rookies. Not only book smarts – he’s going to be up to speed on all of the WR spots by the start of the season – but even more important is football smarts – also known as instincts and that looks like his strong suit.

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Oh hells yeah! He proved himself worthy last night. If that's his preseason game, he's gonna be lights out during the season! Good sign, TT!

7. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Cobb is the most exciting rookie WR coming into camp, probably since Walker, if not Sharpe. Remember, even with Jennings being taken in the 2nd round like Cobb, few were really excited about him. Cobb brings a very different dynamic to the Packers. Not only is he a very good WR but he looks to boost the Packers return game which hasn't had a Kick return since Allen Rossum in 2001 (when Cobb was 10yrs old).

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    What was Randall saying? I got lost in his green eyes...

In all seriousness, he needs to run much better routes. It was very sloppy. Though, with Jennings and Driver on our team, the only way he doesn't learn how to run routes is if he doesn't want to.

What I'm thrilled to see is his hands. Sure handed. He's going to be a weapon.

9. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    yeah, I'm not surprised they are sloppy, they've had their off season cut in half if not more than that

10. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    Kid is a beast... cant wait to see him go full speed during the regular season!

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    He looks like a natural returning kicks and punts.
    He also is brave going across the middle.

They compared him to Greg Jennings a little bit, and I do remember seeing some youtube footage of Jennings in college bringing a punt back for a TD.

I can't tell who Cobb reminds me of the most yet, in the league.....a young Steve Smith maybe (Carolina)... he also returned punts for awhile.

If Randall can give us a few, even just one, TD on a punt return, what an added bonus that will give us.

The little guy is not going to play much WR for his this year if there are no injuries to any of the big-4 WRs or Jermichael though. It's hard to take any of those other 5 off the field in passing situations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    His eyes...so beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Well, he didn't run many pro routes in college, so that could be it.

14. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Apparently he was really critical of his game last night. How are we so fortunate to land players with great character.

15. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I still remember Terrence Murphy!!!! :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I think Cobb has a ton of potential. I like that he has that drive like Rodgers does, where there's ALWAYS room for improvement...

17. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    So far Cobb reminds me of Percy Harvin, which is a good thing. A very dangerous slot receiver and kick/punt returner who has the ability to take a short pass anywhere on the field and turn it into six points.

• Like Like x 1
  18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    He would have been a great one if not for another neck injury to a Packer WR. Dammit.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Packer Ste

Packer Ste Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really can't wait to see what he can do at wide receiver when Rodgers is throwing the ball. It's such an exciting prospect.

20. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Cobb is amazing. Will be getting his jersey for sure.

21. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I am excited about having Cobb as a Packer. He's got great hands and is a great addition to our WR core. Another weapon in the quiver for A-Rod.

22. unionstpackfan

unionstpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So true. A guy with a lot of talent that's sitting a ways down on the depth chart, you love to see this. He'll get his opportunities eventually but right now his attitude is about getting better and learning the system.