Raji is a gigantic woosie.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sounds like the black knight is Monty Pythons Holy Grail. My arms just fell off but its just a scratch......lol

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Recovery time for a biceps repair has nothing to due to with toughness. He won't even be allowed to actively flex his elbow for weeks after surgery due to the risk of re injury.

Also, I don't think you know what a fully torn biceps means. It means the major muscle that flexes the elbow now does nothing to help. He probably couldn't even flex it all in certain positions and any flexion would be very weak. With even a small amount of resistance, the arm wouldn't move

No way he could have played effectively with it.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was sarcasm... Point of the story is. Reggie White did the same and god fixed him. if raji didnt have so many unpure thoughts, maybe god would have fixed him too?

yep. more sarcasm:)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

It was sarcasm... Point of the story is. Reggie White did the same and god fixed him. if raji didnt have so many unpure thoughts, maybe god would have fixed him too?

yep. more sarcasm:)

Mine was mild sarcasm with attempted humour....apologies

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be curious if he does anything notable with his career from this point forward... at least he will always have that all state commercial

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People do reasonably well with non-operative treatment of distal biceps ruptures. The main loss of strength is with forearm supination--not terribly important for a defensive lineman. Flexion strength is less affected (2% less compared to surgical repair, and surgical repair gives 95% return of strength). Raji isn't a wuss, and he'll play again next season unless there are unforeseen complications.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Two things: First, I prefer the "wussie" spelling; from the title of this thread I wondered if Raji had become gigantically woozy - perhaps from looking at his bicep. ;) Second, it was Gilbert Brown who played with a torn bicep; Reggie's hamstring was miraculously "cured" around Christmas time in 1995. (He did tear ligaments in his elbow but didn't miss any time earlier.)

Edit: GoPGo beat me to it.

D

Deleted member 6794

IMO it is ridiculous for someone on a internet forum to tell a professional athlete to toughen up and play through an injury without having any knowledge about the injury the player suffered (just as was the case with Matthews last season).

Raji said team physician Patrick McKenzie told him the same night that it happened that he probably tore the tendon that holds the biceps muscle in place. A simple muscle tear might have allowed Raji to miss six to eight weeks, but a tendon tear requires major surgery.

Please let me know how Raji should have played after having major surgery on the tear. :rolleyes:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more important thing here is that Raji is done for the year, and likely with the Packers. I can't imagine that TT is going to be sitting in Packers Castle thinking about bringing back a veteran nose tackle with an injury history and only one truly good season under his belt. The TT that I know will be drafting more NTs and looking towards the future.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but now he has an injury history.

He made the Pro Bowl in 2011 based upon his 2010 performance, period. 2011 was one of his worst seasons. You can't make informed statements by just looking up his statistics on a website. He was terrible, which is why they moved him to end in 2012. That was also the year that he injured his left ankle on the eve of the season (sound familiar) and then really injured it in the Colts game, missing several games afterward.

People were hopefully about Raji this year, not excited. He's a big guy with talent and speed, but as is often the case in pro sports was never able to harness it on a consistent basis to be a star. At best he'll get another 1-year tender from TT but I expect TT will move on unless he's that desperate at NT.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All I'm doing is looking up statistics on a website...yup. I don't watch Packer games ever.:rolleyes: You realize that you are saying that one of Raji's worst years was a Pro Bowl year, right? Do you think maybe, just maybe, the hate has gone a little far?

First of all, I was excited about Raji so I don't think you can accurately say that people weren't excited about him. I also think your star comment is very telling. It seems you see thing in black and white. Either Raji is a star or he isn't worthy of being on the team. Why can't we have something in the middle? Raji is a good player. He's been inconsistent, but he's been mainly healthy. He's made a Pro Bowl, helped take us to a Super Bowl (and was a major reason we went there), and the team is better with him than without him. This hate has really gone far.
My problem with Raji is what IMO is his inconsistency of effort. I don't trust the guy. I think he's lazy and unprofessional. I hope Thompson makes zero attempt to sign him. I'd much rather he try to sign a free agent and take a NT in the first three rounds.

D

Deleted member 6794

You realize that you are saying that one of Raji's worst years was a Pro Bowl year, right? Do you think maybe, just maybe, the hate has gone a little far?

Raji was terrible in 2011 and he should have never made the Pro Bowl (BTW a terrible way to measure a player's success) that season.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defensive front was suspect with Raji, and more suspect without him. What we need is a Vince Wilfork clone to occupy double teams on every down.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My list of All-time favorite Packers is getting longer as I get older. But theres nothing like Gilbert brown, Grady Jackson was like him for a couple few years for us. Reggie is all world. So are the two QBs. But in terms of awesomness, I dont think anything compares to 400 pound Gilbert Brown chasing down a QB from behind. His heart and hustle was amazing for such a huge man!!! I thought Raji was going to make the list, but he's floundered in recent years. 3-4 or not. Never stopped Wilfork.

Members online

Latest posts