R-E-L-A-X

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I don't mean everything is (or is going to be) fine. I just mean that there's no reason to let this football season mess with your head. I'm pre-Lombardi and remember tying my emotions to their results, but that was when I was a kid (and, the players were compensated in a way that I understood, were a part of the team for most/all their careers, and actually seemed to identify with the team). Now, I shake my head, shrug my shoulders, and get back to life.

And, as was the case for a large part of my adult life, there can be multiple chances for joy this season. Instead of knowing that the team would be in the playoffs and hoping for a better showing, any win is to be celebrated and some (e.g., Dallas, Minnesota) would be enough to hold me over until next year.

So, since they're probably not going to fix the GM, coaches, cap, Rodgers, and injuries very quickly, lower the bar (or, perhaps, belly up to it). :)

GB psyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My expectations were not high to start the season, once Adams left, the writing was on the wall. 3 rookie receivers, Tonyan hurt, Lazard who is not a #1, Cobb and Watkins are dinosaurs. I was excited to see the defense everyone was talking about, but besides the decent pass D, and QB pressures, the horrible run D balances it out. We have a big enough sample size now with Joe Barry, time to move on. After 9 games, the eyeball test doesn't lie, nothing there feels like the season is salvageable.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might as well ride this guy out and then make a well measured choice. Who’s going to come in now not knowing what overall direction the team is heading. Rogers contract appears to be a HUGE albatross. Could be a real mess for at least 2 MORE seasons

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I don't mean everything is (or is going to be) fine. I just mean that there's no reason to let this football season mess with your head. I'm pre-Lombardi and remember tying my emotions to their results, but that was when I was a kid (and, the players were compensated in a way that I understood, were a part of the team for most/all their careers, and actually seemed to identify with the team). Now, I shake my head, shrug my shoulders, and get back to life.

And, as was the case for a large part of my adult life, there can be multiple chances for joy this season. Instead of knowing that the team would be in the playoffs and hoping for a better showing, any win is to be celebrated and some (e.g., Dallas, Minnesota) would be enough to hold me over until next year.

So, since they're probably not going to fix the GM, coaches, cap, Rodgers, and injuries very quickly, lower the bar (or, perhaps, belly up to it). :)
So thanks for bringing us thoughts of Scooter McClean instead of sugar plums dancing in our head.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to know they have 3 days to stop a mack truck. If they find a way to put 2 W's up within 5 days I will amp the hope up. The rest of the schedule looks a bit brutal however.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to know they have 3 days to stop a mack truck. If they find a way to put 2 W's up within 5 days I will amp the hope up. The rest of the schedule looks a bit brutal however.
The Titans have only faced the offensive powerhouses of the Bills and Chiefs. Not that we have an answer but if we had success against Dallas I would think we can make some noise against them. What gives us a flicker with the rest if the schedule is that the Rams look no better than us and the Eagles showed they are mortal.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Titans have only faced the offensive powerhouses of the Bills and Chiefs. Not that we have an answer but if we had success against Dallas I would think we can make some noise against them. What gives us a flicker with the rest if the schedule is that the Rams look no better than us and the Eagles showed they are mortal.

The Titans defense is playing pretty well, ranking eighth in the league in points allowed. Despite having Henry as their running back their offense is struggling, having scored even less points than the Packers so far this season though.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our RBs can match Henry yard for yard like they did last time we matched up, and we have the QB advantage. With no turnovers or stupid penalties, this one is winnable. Tough but winnable.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our RBs can match Henry yard for yard like they did last time we matched up, and we have the QB advantage. With no turnovers or stupid penalties, this one is winnable. Tough but winnable.

The Packers did a very good job of containing Henry the last time the two teams played. Let's hope they can do it again.

Members online

Latest posts