Question on MLF's Offensive Scheme

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious, on thoughts here.

It is evident that MLF is a pretty damn good offensive coach and does great work with QBs.

Obviously Aaron Rodgers 3rd MVP season and one of his finest seasons of his career but also...
48/5/121.5 rating

Matt Ryan's MVP Year
38/7/117.1 rating

when typically he's like a 25/10/95 rating type of guy... Matt Ryan is very good but no HOFer

He did the same with Jared Goff
28/7/100.5 rating (didn't include rookie year)

when typically he's like a
25/13/91 rating guy (didn't include rookie year)

I guess it makes you wonder with Love...

I mean I don't want to assume/discredit Love but, let's say he isn't a HOF type like Aaron Rodgers...

Could MLF turn him into like a
30/7/100 rating+ type of guy?

I'm curious if that is what the FO thinks and probably sees it. Hey we have this guy who has great physical talents and a great offensive minded coach who does tremendous work with QBs (and has proven it 3 times), maybe MLF can make Love look better than he is (not saying Love isn't going to be any good).... and it will be CHEAP (rookie contract)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So what is your question?

Do wish you'd learn to add to existing threads instead of seemingly creating a new one every time you post.

D

Deleted member 6794

MLF didn't have a lot of success for most if his tenure in Washington as well as with the Falcons in 2015 and the Titans in '18.

While there's no doubt he has done a great job rejuvenating Rodgers' career he won't be able to have an average quarterback perform at an elite level.

Disclaimer, I'm not saying that Love is only an average QB by any means.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF didn't have a lot of success for most if his tenure in Washington as well as with the Falcons in 2015 and the Titans in '18.

While there's no doubt he has done a great job rejuvenating Rodgers' career he won't be able to have an average quarterback perform at an elite level.

Disclaimer, I'm not saying that Love is only an average QB by any means.

Didn't Matt Ryan win the league MVP when MLF was the Falcon's QB coach? Ryan hasn't been as good since MLF left.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah so that's the point of this thread...

MLF has made somewhat average (Goff) to above-average/very good (Ryan) quarterbacks have career type years

D

Deleted member 6794

Didn't Matt Ryan win the league MVP when MLF was the Falcon's QB coach? Ryan hasn't been as good since MLF left.

Yes, but Ryan struggled during MLF's first season as the quarterbacks coach in 2015, posting his lowest career rating aside from his first two seasons in the league.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, but Ryan struggled during MLF's first season as the quarterbacks coach in 2015, posting his lowest career rating aside from his first two seasons in the league.

And some talking heads were saying Rodgers was washed up during his first season in MLF's offense in 2019. ;)

Members online

Latest posts