Question for Packers Fans...

EmDiggy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

Who is a former Packers player that you want fans of other teams to know about?

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many times, the media always focuses on the big names of any franchise, and there are many players that have played that were Pretty Damn Good in their own right.. So the question is:

Who is a former Packers player that you want fans of other teams to know about?

I plan to do a show called "The Hall of Very Good" which will include a team by team pick of "Who You Should Know About"
To me he was great, the second best S of the 90s...

LeRoy Butler

The media don't recognize him enough IMHO...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LeRoy Butler

I gotta agree with that.

Sharpe never gets any love anymore it seems like either.

Great Topic btw

OP
OP
E

EmDiggy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta agree with that.

Sharpe never gets any love anymore it seems like either.

Great Topic btw

LeRoy Butler

Thanks Guys!! I agree with BOTH picks here.. Imagine if Sharpe wouldn't have gotten hurt.. His number are still great at the time he retired!

And Butler was the Quintessential Safety.. Consummate Pro!

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dorsey Levens was beasty for awhile. Freeman was always a favorite (no Sharpe by anymeans). My favorite Packer name Chris Jacke!!! (no really, but I loved him when I was a kid)

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I always felt Ahman Green in his prime was underappreciated. Dude had a year where he ran for 1800 yards and yet nobody really talked about him.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
William Henderson, no. 33, best underrated fullback. He had the best hands catching a ball out of the backfield. He ran over a few people as well.

Man I hit you up with a rep point for that one! He played for GB for 12 years (his entire career, started 11 seasons). He made the pro-bowl, played for the super bowl champs team and blocked for 2 major RB's, Green and Levens. He was a true Packer!

How about Mark Chumra. 3x pro-bowler, super bowl champ. Played all of his years in GB.

packerfan191

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree with all of these. What about Eugene Robinson? He played about the same time as LeRoy Butler.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Agree with Green. He was the man in his prime. But the all time best Packer HAS to be Al Harris.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely agree with all of these. What about Eugene Robinson? He played about the same time as LeRoy Butler.

I talked to Eugene Robinson on a flight from Seattle to Atlanta. He was sitting right in front of me. Very cool.....and down to earth. It was when he got traded to Atlanta, from Greenbay. We talked about Reggie White and a few other things.........but it was too bad a got picked up by the police trying to .......ummm.....I think it was pick up a hooker prior to the Superbowl that year.

Back to the subject though. I know Tim Harris played for a couple other teams.......but I remember him playing well for the Packers........and he would get my vote 3rd.......after Sharpe and Butler. Chumura was a big part of the team too but because of all the BS he went through.........not sure about him. I do have a Chumura Jersey though. I wear it when I really want the Packers to totally **** the opposing team.:Heristical:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
but it was too bad a got picked up by the police trying to .......ummm.....I think it was pick up a hooker prior to the Superbowl that year.
According to Wikipedia, he solicited **** sex from an undercover cop for the low, low price of 40 bucks.

I liked the guy when he was here, but I laughed when I read that.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia, he solicited **** sex from an undercover cop for the low, low price of 40 bucks.

I liked the guy when he was here, but I laughed when I read that.
I grew up in Kenosha Wisconsin (left there though.....joined the Army) and when I told him I was a big Packer fan.....and a fan of his.....I told him I was from Kenosha. He said "oh.....I've been there quite a few times" I said wow....really.......what were you doing down there? He just kinda gave me a funny look. Then I just was like......."ummmm.......never mind.......forget I asked". Then we talked about Reggie White after that. LOL. Maybe 40 dollar hookers? :smile2:

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with Green. He was the man in his prime. But the all time best Packer HAS to be Al Harris.
I bet you were not thinking that when Plaxico Burress burned Harris for what........about a 140 yards in the playoff game against the Giants a few years ago. He didn't get smoked like a cheap cigar. It was more like a flamethrower on a marshmellow. I'm not saying Al Harris is not a decent CB.......but in my opinion......I personally think he is over rated.

Members online

Latest posts