1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

QB Draft?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by mkapp, Apr 4, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Nall's problems.. appear to be more political (with Sherman) than anything else - Everyone saw his ethic in NFL-E... But the opinions around this Country & the League (Ego maybe?) are such that no real credit for effort is ever given to either the CFL or NFL-E... and that's the shame of it...

(A similar scenario has been playing out now for over ten years with the NBA and the European Leagues for basketball - and to boot, the training camps which reflect "fundamentals" in and around Europe have been turning out higher quality players for some time now - up yours David Stern/Little Napoleon)

Back to topic - Given the example just above and how we've seen many players succeed in other venues related to our NFL.. I would give Craig Nall a real chance to be the "starter" in several games this year. On top of that - pending Brett & Co can take the reins and put us up by 14 points, or more... then I'd sit Brett down to rest... probably finishing with Nall & O'Sullivan for the rest of the game... aclimate the Cheeseheads for what's about to come (next year?)... in the very near future anyway.

Moreso to the point - I disagree with the JT statement - his successes are very very similar to the Craig Nall story. Very Simiiar! Only difference being, he was in N.O. and NOT G.B. If I was a bug in Sherman's ear --- I'd tell him to quit strappin' these guys down and take the reins off - let 'em run free for awhile - take a chance - they've got nuthin' to lose and money already invested.. might as well get some of it back. You really never know at this point - JT could be better than Craig... it has yet to be proven one way or the other.

My QB Draft pick - if we actually do try any to begin with would be: Kyle Orton!
    You can shoot me if ya like - I don't really care - THAT's MY PICK!

We'll soon see what TT has up his sleeve!

One other thing - I'd have taken Barry Sanders.....
    Absolutely NO ONE knew.. what would become of Tony Mandarich / Mr. Guns & Roses on Steroids / and how he would fold like a paper napkin upon entry into the NFL... Not one person (layman) saw that one coming.. Not a one. Just the same - We needed a RB at the time - but emphasis was placed on Lineman at that time...