Projecting Regression in the NFC North

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you of the opinion that cycles don't depend at all on who you have slinging the ball?

No I'm of the opinion that you don't get to say the Packers haven't gone through the same types of cycles as other teams is because they have had a HoF QB when pretty much every other team that has also had HoF QBs (outside of NE) has still gone through cycles of suck to good

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I'm of the opinion that you don't get to say the Packers haven't gone through the same types of cycles as other teams is because they have had a HoF QB when pretty much every other team that has also had HoF QBs (outside of NE) has still gone through cycles of suck to good
I get to say it. I already did.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have certainly had their own ebb and flow throughout the Favre Rodgers eras... but it is a fair point that they have been much quicker ebbs and much longer flows most likely due in part to the fact that they had HoF QBs at the helm.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm confused how this is supposed counter my point at all in regards to how teams generally go through a cycle of suck to good regardless of whether they have a HoF QB or not.

I'm confused that someone believes having a HOF quarterback doesn't make a huge difference.

Which other teams have had a HOF quarterback over the past 20 years though???

The Colts made the playoffs 11 out of 12 times after Manning's rookie season and the Broncos qualified for the postseason in every single of his four seasons with the team.

You're right about the Saints having some down seasons with Brees starting, not making the playoffs in six of 14 seasons. That's more of an exception to the rule though.

Members online

Latest posts