Projecting Regression in the NFC North

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On pace for 29 touchdowns and 27 interceptions. It’s like Jameis a Winston came to the NFCN.

Winston actually threw for a lot of yards. Cousins does not. There are Viking fans I know that are asking if they should trade for winston

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So the Vikings traded a 2nd and a 5th for Ngakoue, used him for 6 games, and then flipped him for a 3rd and a 5th.

If we project the Vikings to pick around pick #10 in each round, and the Ravens around pick #30, then in terms of draft pick value, the Vikings essentially spent a mid 2nd rounder on the privilege of having Yannick on the roster while they went 1-5.

I'm feeling good about my preseason prediction that Spielman and Zimmer both get shown the door.

The Lions are likely going to blow it all up.

Now I just need the Bears to implode to complete the trifecta.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL right! Here's to hoping it happens!

Lions I do think may start an extensive tear down...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But to be fair they got the cap space some teams would envy...they have a 9M guy in Marvin Jones contract done after this year they no doubt are not going to resign. They still could if they wanted push pedal in final couple years with Stafford.

D

Deleted member 6794

But to be fair they got the cap space some teams would envy...they have a 9M guy in Marvin Jones contract done after this year they no doubt are not going to resign.

While the Lions are in a better situation than the Packers regarding the cap entering next offseason they don't have a ton of cap space either.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been so many accolades about our guy that does the contracts. I am starting to wonder. Some teams seem to be able to do what the want as far as the cap is concerned.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been so many accolades about our guy that does the contracts. I am starting to wonder. Some teams seem to be able to do what the want as far as the cap is concerned.
it's easy to do what you want, short term. This has been going on since the 90's with almost no down years vs most other teams going on a 3-4 year high low cycle or just suck cycle.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's easy to do what you want, short term. This has been going on since the 90's with almost no down years vs most other teams going on a 3-4 year high low cycle or just suck cycle.
Well, I am sure you are right except no down years has more to do with our QBs imho.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Who just does whatever they want with the cap?

D

Deleted member 6794

You might get the impression that other teams can sign whatever players they want but that's because you don't follow them as closely as the Packers.

I guarantee that's not true though.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Bears, despite being 5-2, now have a negative scoring differential (-2). The Packers are +38.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I am sure you are right except no down years has more to do with our QBs imho.

The Saints have had a HoF QB also and still managed to go through the High/Low cycles.

Really the only team that has avoided the up down cycle better then GB is NE (and there's been more then 3 teams with HoF QBs in that span)

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another way to look at it. The Packers are plus 66 in their five wins (13.2 pts per game) -28 in their only loss. No barn burners. We haven't exactly been the cardiac pack have we?

D

Deleted member 6794

Really the only team that has avoided the up down cycle better then GB is NE (and there's been more then 3 teams with HoF QBs in that span)

The Packers are definitely the team with the longest active streak of consecutive seasons with a HOF quarterback starting though.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are definitely the team with the longest active streak of consecutive seasons with a HOF quarterback starting though.

I'm confused how this is supposed counter my point at all in regards to how teams generally go through a cycle of suck to good regardless of whether they have a HoF QB or not.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm confused how this is supposed counter my point at all in regards to how teams generally go through a cycle of suck to good regardless of whether they have a HoF QB or not.
Are you of the opinion that cycles don't depend at all on who you have slinging the ball?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly... just a couple years ago a lot if posters were saying that the Packers needed to be more aggressive like the Vikings. Well the Vikings had their brief window... and failed.

Members online

Latest posts