Pro Bowl

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone says they dont care but the rating are huge. So why would it change if it draws? If the rating stunk then you would have a valid point

Ratings can get manipulated, overinflated, and falsified in so many ways it's not even funny. Besides that, the NFLN or ESPN or whoever, what else would they show during pro bowl week anyway?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ratings can get manipulated, overinflated, and falsified in so many ways it's not even funny. Besides that, the NFLN or ESPN or whoever, what else would they show during pro bowl week anyway?

You believe the Nielsen rating for the pro bowl are "falsified"?

its ridiculous you make an assertion like that without any proof bc you feel it validates your stance.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You believe the Nielsen rating for the pro bowl are "falsified"?

its ridiculous you make an assertion like that without any proof bc you feel it validates your stance.

I was talking about TV ratings in general, not specifically the Pro Bowl, but for TV shows in general, and yes ratings, like all other numbers (like the stock market's) can be manipulated. But I feel that's a moot point because like I said, ESPN or the NFL Network will keep the game on the air because they don't have anything else to show. I mean late January, a 2-week wait for Superbowl Sunday, I mean it's not like it's going to get no viewers, but that's not going to minimize the lack of interest. And yes ratings are dropping, as per this article

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/29/10868154/nfl-pro-bowl-2016-why-does-it-exist

but that's not even the biggest thing. The bigger issue is players declining invitations. That to me is the bigger problem, and I'm not going to get into the reasons for it. But to me the whole purpose is defeated when you have to scale through declined invitation after declined invitation to go get the 3rd and 4th tier players to play in the game. Then it's pretty much just a get away beach football party for those who just need their football dose so bad they gotta watch.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talking about TV ratings in general, not specifically the Pro Bowl, but for TV shows in general, and yes ratings, like all other numbers (like the stock market's) can be manipulated. But I feel that's a moot point because like I said, ESPN or the NFL Network will keep the game on the air because they don't have anything else to show. I mean late January, a 2-week wait for Superbowl Sunday, I mean it's not like it's going to get no viewers, but that's not going to minimize the lack of interest. And yes ratings are dropping, as per this article

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/29/10868154/nfl-pro-bowl-2016-why-does-it-exist

but that's not even the biggest thing. The bigger issue is players declining invitations. That to me is the bigger problem, and I'm not going to get into the reasons for it. But to me the whole purpose is defeated when you have to scale through declined invitation after declined invitation to go get the 3rd and 4th tier players to play in the game. Then it's pretty much just a get away beach football party for those who just need their football dose so bad they gotta watch.

You only believe ratings when they say they are declining? Youre cherry picking Carolina. Please try and say consistent, dont condemn the ratings and say they are flawed then use them in your next post to make a point.

Besides that fact, your link states 2014 the pro bowl was the most watched show on cable.

I dont like the pro bowl, I dont watch it very often, but the fact remains that as long as it has high ratings its going to stay. tweaking it could happen, and I hope it does.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Pro-Bowl. A sandlot football game played by professional player who have no intention on putting it all an the line due to the fact that an injury can kill their next season.

I don't blame them.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching it just now

Offensively entertaining as qb's are making more and bigger throws, working more off this could add to the spectacle for some.

Seriously dislike seeing CMIII ambling about, that's not how he plays. I want to see him and his cohorts dropping the qb with a smash. What's the point in the DL and lbs turning up

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts