Pro Bowl

Caleb Hendricks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers staff gets to coach the Pro Bowl! Even though the Pro Bowl is irrelevant, it's still a chance to see some more Packers on the field before next fall. Who knows, maybe after the Super Bowl teams are set, we might get a replacement guy in to join Rodgers, Sitton, and Matthews. There is already a vacancy at Safety, maybe Ha Ha will get the recognition he deserves after a solid season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...e-mccarthy-packers-staff-to-coach-in-pro-bowl

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, at least it ought to be exciting. How often are these kind of games determined on the last play? :)

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone actually bother to watch this "game" anymore?

No. I tried about 4 years ago and really gave it a shot after not watching it for years before. It was so brutally awful that I don't even bother anymore, might as well put flags on the guys and be done with it or don't play it at all. I get you don't want guys to get guys in an absolutely meaningless game but dear lord it's bad.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I haven't watched the game in several years and won't watch it this year. As far as I'm concerned the league can provide those voted to the pro bowl with travel and accommodations to Hawaii and skip the game. I can't think of a single upside to having the Packers coaching staff there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't watched in a long time. I liked it a long time ago when they did all the skills challenges outside of the game, but I used to watch the Strongest man competitions back then too. I doubt anything they'd do would get me to watch as "must see" football. Considering they do not play the game anyway, i'd rather see the players personalities outside the context of the game, but even that isn't going to put many faces in front of the TV.

I do think the Packers staff does have some benefit of being there though. Any time you can build relationships with other players/coaches around the league other than just playing against them, is a good thing. Might not pay off in the short term, but getting to know people can help in the future.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to watch it when I was young, and stupid. Now I'm just stupid, but even stupid has it's limits.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Packers staff gets to coach the Pro Bowl! Even though the Pro Bowl is irrelevant, it's still a chance to see some more Packers on the field before next fall. Who knows, maybe after the Super Bowl teams are set, we might get a replacement guy in to join Rodgers, Sitton, and Matthews. There is already a vacancy at Safety, maybe Ha Ha will get the recognition he deserves after a solid season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...e-mccarthy-packers-staff-to-coach-in-pro-bowl

NFL should do something like MLB did with the All-Star Game how it determines home field advantage in the World Series. Then people may actually care. lol

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL should do something like MLB did with the All-Star Game how it determines home field advantage in the World Series. Then people may actually care. lol
... How would that work? Have two sites prep for the bowl? Shouldn't they just rotate it among cities that are qualified to have it?

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Literally everyone says that but until the rating say that, it's not going to change
IDK what the ratings are at all. What I do know, is that NOBODY CARES. Do you know anybody that cares about the Pro Bowl game at all? In any way? I don't.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK what the ratings are at all. What I do know, is that NOBODY CARES. Do you know anybody that cares about the Pro Bowl game at all? In any way? I don't.
Everyone says they dont care but the rating are huge. So why would it change if it draws? If the rating stunk then you would have a valid point

Members online

Latest posts