Pro Bowl Voting.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Grant would have come on the scene earlier in the year he might have made it. I hope Kampman makes it.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is spreading the ball around so well that Grant, Jennings & Driver & Lee wont make the pro bowl because their numbers wont be good enough.

Reaction score
I have to think Kamp gets in too, he's having a fine seaosn.

Also I'd say Barnett has a chance, he's played at a high level this season. Ditto Harris (he deserves to go IMO).

Finally, I think Jennings should get real strong consideration from coaches/players/who-ever-else decides the other players going. He has developed into a playmaker, someone who can go deep or take the slant and turn it into 6 points. He's averaging one TD per game (11 TDs in 11 games), one of (almost) every four catches Jennings make is a TD (46 rec / 11 TDs), and Jennings is averaging almost 18 yards per catch.

Personally, I think Driver should go as a WR (along with Jennings). McCarthy said this week that teams still double Driver instead of Jennings, and when you see Driver catch the ball you know he'll gain every inch he possibly can. The way he can make a move to shake the defender off and get more yards, or go right at the defender and over power him for more yards is unreal.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I have to think Kamp gets in too, he's having a fine seaosn.

Also I'd say Barnett has a chance, he's played at a high level this season. Ditto Harris (he deserves to go IMO).

Finally, I think Jennings should get real strong consideration from coaches/players/who-ever-else decides the other players going. He has developed into a playmaker, someone who can go deep or take the slant and turn it into 6 points. He's averaging one TD per game (11 TDs in 11 games), one of (almost) every four catches Jennings make is a TD (46 rec / 11 TDs), and Jennings is averaging almost 18 yards per catch.

Personally, I think Driver should go as a WR (along with Jennings). McCarthy said this week that teams still double Driver instead of Jennings, and when you see Driver catch the ball you know he'll gain every inch he possibly can. The way he can make a move to shake the defender off and get more yards, or go right at the defender and over power him for more yards is unreal.

Very true on all points. I don't know why I forgot about Driver and Jennings. I must have been typing without thinking last night.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care, pro bowls sometimes make players lazy and it's just another chance to be injured.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also have the #1 kick scorer in the NFC. He SHOULD be going because of that!

The list I see from the Packers are:

Favre
Barnett
Kampmann
Woodson
Driver
Jennings
Crosby

Also the Fan in the endzone, 1st row, 11th seat. He has to be the best player catcher in the business...

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say Favre, Jennings, Woodson, Barnett, and Kampman should make it, and Grant and Lee are right there as well.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre
Barnett
Kampmann
Woodson
Driver
Jennings
Crosby

Also the Fan in the endzone, 1st row, 11th seat. He has to be the best player catcher in the business...

How many of those Packers will be starting?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Favre
Barnett
Kampmann
Woodson
Driver
Jennings
Crosby

If it was MY choice, ALL of them. But since it isn't, I'd say Favre, Kampmann, Crosby.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Obi1 said:

Favre
Barnett
Kampmann
Woodson
Driver
Jennings
Crosby

If it was MY choice, ALL of them. But since it isn't, I'd say Favre, Kampmann, Crosby.

Heh. I'd love to see Favre start over Romo. Got one guy at work here who just can't shut up about Romo.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been waiting all 2 years now to get my charles woodson pro bowl jersey, I can't wait for the selection show on tuesday on nfl network. If chuckwood some how doesn't make it I may just turn into the hulk.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
I've been waiting all 2 years now to get my charles woodson pro bowl jersey, I can't wait for the selection show on tuesday on nfl network. If chuckwood some how doesn't make it I may just turn into the hulk.

he's going in this year. It's not just the coverage stats, but Woodson's all over the field. He's 4th on the team in tackles. He completely shuts down that end when it comes to running plays. He's a solid tackler and a heck of an athlete, and gives 100% with each play.

The funny thing is in Oakland, he got heavily criticized for being lazy. Here in Green Bay, he's one of the hardest workers among a team full of hard workers.

packfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre
Kampman
Woodson
Hawk
Harris
Fans want Hawk in Pro Bowl

Quarterback Brett Favre's league-high 1,140,683 Pro Bowl votes from fans aren't all that surprising.

That three of the top eight defensive vote-getters are Packers is more startling -- but not nearly as much as the fact that linebacker Nick Barnett isn't on the list and A.J. Hawk is.

Hawk -- a second-year player who is having no better than an above-average season -- finished No. 4 among NFL defensive players in fan balloting, which ended Tuesday. The only NFC defender to get more votes was Dallas outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware.

Packers cornerbacks Charles Woodson and Al Harris were sixth and eighth, respectively.

Fan voting is only one-third of the equation for picking Pro Bowlers, as coaches and other players still have to vote. But if the fans somehow carry Hawk to Hawaii and leave Barnett behind, it would be an absolute joke.

UPDATE: I'm not the only one who's miffed. Here's what Barnett had to say when I asked him about it:

"I'm happy that Hawk got it, and I hope we can get as many players as we can there. It'd be nice.

"Will I make it? I don't know. I'm probably not the most liked player, obviously, and that's not going to happen. I don't even know if other coaches and players like me, because really, I'm an (expletive). I don't play to make friends, and I don't sit around and talk to them after the game, and I don't campaign, and I don't do none of that (expletive). I'm here to play football, bottom line, and either you like me or you don't.

"It sucks that it's the only way you can really figure out who's a Pro Bowl player or not, is to vote. But when you're that type of player, it's hard to get votes."

It's worth noting only one inside linebacker made the top 10: Chicago's Brian Urlacher, who was ninth.

Only Favre and Woodson lead their respective positions among NFC players. For more on the voting, click here.

-- Tom Pelissero, [email protected]

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Osi Umenyiora over Aaron Kampman? wtf is that about....retarded voters.

didn't Osi have like a 6 sack game or something. Those types of performances tend to sway voters.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
abztractmynd said:
Osi Umenyiora over Aaron Kampman? wtf is that about....retarded voters.

didn't Osi have like a 6 sack game or something. Those types of performances tend to sway voters.

yah he did against the eagles or chiefs or some loser squad like that. It'll be criminal if AK74 dosent make it to Hawaii.

Either way i've a good feeling alot of Packers will be making the trip as starters and probably more as alternates.

Apocalypse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CM_Awesome said:
I'm so freaking happy that Woodson is gonna be in the Pro Bowl. YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fan votings don't mean anything. Nothing is set. Its unlikely to happen but if the coaches and players decide not to vote for Woodson or any other player than the guy is not gonna make it. But Woodso will most defenitely make it this season.

Members online

No members online now.