Preseason Game 2 vs Jets

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it looks like Love will have to sit out this game as he recovers and Benkert and Dolegala will be our guys today.

Also out ... Funchess, Dennis Kelly and Lancaster.

Could be interesting to see how Yiadom compares to Josh Jackson, if Amari Rodgers can get going and if ESB can make any last ditch efforts to stay on the team.

Also ... Let's see if Sternberger can have himself another good outing.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the shoutbox replacement? Lancaster should be out permanently. ESB as well. Love not playing in preseason makes absolutely no sense if he is not injured. He needs all the reps he can get if reasonably healthy - Are the titletown trainers and doctors out of town? lol

Reaction score
idk Lambeau. I hear that sentiment about getting reps often. But these aren’t 1st team reps here. Love said his shoulder as sore a few days ago, I’d let him sit this one out unless he’s 99%. He’s obviously a bonafide #2 QB so it’s not like he’s playing for a job here. More important he’s ready to step in healthy regular season than get 20 tosses in a preseason game.
Let him play 2-3 quarters next week he’ll be fine imo.

I’m interested to see this competition at our #3 RB spot. Dexter vs Khylin is heating up and it might come down to preseason game #3.

Also if Funchess has another replica of last game, I think he makes our final roster. You can just tell he’s hungry. We’re going to have a bad bad (best we’ve had since Jordy left) WR group this year.
GPG!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the shoutbox replacement? Lancaster should be out permanently. ESB as well. Love not playing in preseason makes absolutely no sense if he is not injured. He needs all the reps he can get if reasonably healthy - Are the titletown trainers and doctors out of town? lol
Umm he is injured. Where have you been?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk Lambeau. I hear that sentiment about getting reps often. But these aren’t 1st team reps here. Love said his shoulder as sore a few days ago, I’d let him sit this one out unless he’s 99%. He’s obviously a bonafide #2 QB so it’s not like he’s playing for a job here. More important he’s ready to step in healthy regular season than get 20 tosses in a preseason game.
Let him play 2-3 quarters next week he’ll be fine imo.

I’m interested to see this competition at our #3 RB spot. Dexter vs Khylin is heating up and it might come down to preseason game #3.

Also if Funchess has another replica of last game, I think he makes our final roster. You can just tell he’s hungry. We’re going to have a bad bad (best we’ve had since Jordy left) WR group this year.
GPG!
Out as well

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Defense:

Stokes finally getting some action. Still need to see some push from the DL.

First Possession:
Dillon is ready to roll. OUTSTANDING effort by Benkert to hang in there and try to make a play; good catch by Taylor as well. I can't remember the OL rotation in the Texans game, but the combo of Newman and Runyan didn't look too shabby. Hill picks up where he left off last week.

Last edited:

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Defense:

First Defense:
Dillon is ready to roll. OUTSTANDING effort by Benkert to hang in there and try to make a play; good catch by Taylor as well. I can't remember the OL rotation in the Texans game, but the combo of Newman and Runyan didn't look too shabby. Hill picks up where he left off last week.
two defensive series to start the game?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
First Defense:

First Defense:
Think you had a typo there. But anyway Dillon is ready to plow the league

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Second Defense:

Still issues with penetration. Horrible missed tackle by Ento. Nice play by Barnes, he and Burks look pretty good together.

Second Possession:

Sternberger is too big to not haul that in, gotta take the contact and catch the ball. Benkert put that ball on a line though, nice throw.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wonder how Jets fans feel, watching their starters struggle competitively with our 2nd string.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Not installing much confidence in this defense

Latest posts