Preferred Divisional Round Opponent

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see what the Bears do tomorrow, but I wonder how the familiarity between LaFleur and McVay would affect a matchup with the Rams.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is there any way we get the Buccs in the playoffs ? Admittedly I only watched the highlights of the three playoff games yesterday while having breakfast, but thankfully I saw the Buccs game last. I won`t need my branflakes this week as they scared the crap out of me.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any way we get the Buccs in the playoffs ? Admittedly I only watched the highlights of the three playoff games yesterday while having breakfast, but thankfully I saw the Buccs game last. I won`t need my branflakes this week as they scared the crap out of me.

I'm not sure if this a serious question but they'd have to win their divisional round matchup same as us.

(Seriously tell me you were being sarcastic)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not sure if this a serious question but they'd have to win their divisional round matchup same as us.

(Seriously tell me you were being sarcastic)

Seriously about the game, or the bran flakes ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald looked like he could have gone back in the game if it was remotely in question at that point. The Bears could win, but I'd say odds are we're playing the Rams next weekend. Our Oline will have their hands full.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that rationally the Bucs are a tougher opponent, but the way the Rams’ defense matches up with us scares me. It’s a gut thing.

I completely agree, this is a tough match up for us. Reminds me of the jags and panthers game when they took Adams out of the equation. Both were wins yes, but the way our other receivers responded was not very well in my eyes.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don't know the extent of the injuries to Donald and Kupp, but the Rams are a bad matchup for the Packers.

Green Bay is a better team and they will be favored to win. But the Rams are still the last team I want to see in the NFC field.

They have the one player in the league best equipped to limit or take away Davante Adams. Rodgers and LaFleur have demonstrated repeatedly that they can move the offense and score without Adams being a major factor, but the schematics of such an attack take some time to develop on the field. Aaron Donald specializes in wrecking such game plans.

The Rams offense has not had good QB play, it's true. But they will commit to running the ball and they're pretty good at it when their backs are healthy.

The defense and the running game can work in concert to make things really ******* Green Bay. The Packers' run defense has been better of late, but they are still susceptible, especially if a team is kept in a game script where they can just keep grinding for 60 minutes. If Ramsey, Donald, & Co. keep Rodgers from building a lead, then McVay will just continue to take the ball out of Goff's hands and will put it on Akers.

All of that to say... go Bears?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald looked like he could have gone back in the game if it was remotely in question at that point. The Bears could win, but I'd say odds are we're playing the Rams next weekend. Our Oline will have their hands full.

Thankfully, even without Bak, our OL is much better than Seattle's. Goff looks terrible and lord knows if Wolford can play instead next week.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points.

I'm convinced that the best case scenario would be to play the Bears for the 3rd time in the divisional round, and then draw Seattle in the NFCCG.

Seattle is out and I have a hard time believing the Bears can go to NO and upset them today so it looks like we're gonna get LA.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't know the extent of the injuries to Donald and Kupp, but the Rams are a bad matchup for the Packers.

Green Bay is a better team and they will be favored to win. But the Rams are still the last team I want to see in the NFC field.

They have the one player in the league best equipped to limit or take away Davante Adams. Rodgers and LaFleur have demonstrated repeatedly that they can move the offense and score without Adams being a major factor, but the schematics of such an attack take some time to develop on the field. Aaron Donald specializes in wrecking such game plans.

The Rams offense has not had good QB play, it's true. But they will commit to running the ball and they're pretty good at it when their backs are healthy.

The defense and the running game can work in concert to make things really ******* Green Bay. The Packers' run defense has been better of late, but they are still susceptible, especially if a team is kept in a game script where they can just keep grinding for 60 minutes. If Ramsey, Donald, & Co. keep Rodgers from building a lead, then McVay will just continue to take the ball out of Goff's hands and will put it on Akers.

All of that to say... go Bears?
Nice post.

On the last part, I guess it depends on what your thoughts would be on a Rams/Bucs matchup. The rams have already demonstrated the ability to have success against Brady, so if the Packers are to get to the Super Bowl, we’ll have to go through them regardless in all likelihood.

I guess my initial thought is maybe this is as vulnerable as we’ll see the Rams with Goff’s thumb and Donald dealing with whatever happened to him last night.

Might be the perfect opportunity.

On the other hand, the Bucs looked pretty solid, albeit they did make that WFT QB look pretty solid as well.

One thing is for certain. LaFleur and company are going to be putting in some (More) work this morning on the Rams.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't it like 95 degrees that game? I think we had guys dropping like flies in that game also?
Every team has a stinker..that was ours! Tampa played against a 7-9 team with a 3rd string qb..and barely won! That's also a team that finished the regular 1-5 against teams with a winning record. The saints creamed them TWICE. The bares also beat them! Bring em on we owe them an *** whooping!

Hopefully we can get about 20,000 fans at that game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm glad the Packers are allowing some fans for the divisional round game. The energy in this Titans game is intense even with only 20% or so capacity. The Titans are clearly feeding off of it so far.

I think even 6,000 fans, which is supposedly the number that the Packers are allowing next week, could provide a huge spark or energy boost for the team, especially given that it'll be the first time they've had more than 500 people in the stands all season.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No because the Saints are gonna murder them next week.

BOOK IT

D

Deleted member 6794

Based on yards per attempt the Rams feature an average running offense. With their defense being build to contain the Packers offense to some degree we might need to win a low scoring game to advance to the NFCCG.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Eagles look like warm turds but they're taking out Buc O-line man's knees... 2 in one quarter

Members online

Latest posts