Preferred Divisional Round Opponent

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of us agree that we don’t want to see the Bucs again. But for those of you hoping it’s Da Bears, be careful what you wish for. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Even though I know we are far superior to them. Let’s just hope the bye week jinx ends now.
We only need to beat them once more to accomplish that.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I just really don’t want the Rams.
You think the Bucs would be a better matchup? Genuinely curious. I think Goff could fold due to the pass rush and pressure of a playoff game at Lambeau against Rodgers. And though Brady hasn't been good at all versus pressure this year, I fear his experience in cold weather playoff games over that of Jared Goff.

Plus I think our chances of generating pressure on Goff is better than generating it on Brady.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of us agree that we don’t want to see the Bucs again. But for those of you hoping it’s Da Bears, be careful what you wish for. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Even though I know we are far superior to them. Let’s just hope the bye week jinx ends now.

Usually the team that won the first two matchups wins again. Last time that a team won the third game after losing the first two was the Giants, when they upset the Cowboys in the 2007 playoffs.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You think the Bucs would be a better matchup? Genuinely curious. I think Goff could fold due to the pass rush and pressure of a playoff game at Lambeau against Rodgers. And though Brady hasn't been good at all versus pressure this year, I fear his experience in cold weather playoff games over that of Jared Goff.

Plus I think our chances of generating pressure on Goff is better than generating it on Brady.

I think that rationally the Bucs are a tougher opponent, but the way the Rams’ defense matches up with us scares me. It’s a gut thing.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think that rationally the Bucs are a tougher opponent, but the way the Rams’ defense matches up with us scares me. It’s a gut thing.
Does McVay's familiarity with a lot of our scheme worry you as well?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Does McVay's familiarity with a lot of our scheme worry you as well?

That’s part of it. I think that, schematically, he could eat Pettine’s lunch like Shanahan did. Maybe Wolford or whatever his name is wouldn’t be up to executing, but I don’t really want to find out.

And I also think that Ramsey would stand a good chance of taking Adams away. I trust Petals to scheme offense without Adams, but it’s harder. And then you throw in Donald wrecking the game plan and yeah... I don’t like it. Lol.

The Bucs are good, and they obviously have shown the ability to beat us, but I think their defense can be had. Statistically, they’re not a lot worse than the Rams. But they’re hot and cold. 7 times this season they’ve allowed 27+ points. The Rams have only given up that many points three times all year. Heck, the Packers have only had that happen five times.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That’s part of it. I think that, schematically, he could eat Pettine’s lunch like Shanahan did. Maybe Wolford or whatever his name is wouldn’t be up to executing, but I don’t really want to find out.

And I also think that Ramsey would stand a good chance of taking Adams away. I trust Petals to scheme offense without Adams, but it’s harder. And then you throw in Donald wrecking the game plan and yeah... I don’t like it. Lol.

The Bucs are good, and they obviously have shown the ability to beat us, but I think their defense can be had. Statistically, they’re not a lot worse than the Rams. But they’re hot and cold. 7 times this season they’ve allowed 27+ points. The Rams have only given up that many points three times all year. Heck, the Packers have only had that happen five times.
Good points.

I'm convinced that the best case scenario would be to play the Bears for the 3rd time in the divisional round, and then draw Seattle in the NFCCG.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id rather have Seattle then any other NFC team but since that's not an option its pretty easily the Bears followed by TB, Washington and then the Rams.

Dante is right. The Rams are not a good matchup for Rodgers and company on offense (really its why I don't want Washington either) and have the play calling to expose our ILB's with Jet sweep motion

TB we gonna steam roll if we play them in round 2

But just imagine if Trubisky wins a PO game for the Bears? We're looking at 30 million per for like the next 4 years..... God that'd be great

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Id rather have Seattle then any other NFC team but since that's not an option its pretty easily the Bears followed by TB, Washington and then the Rams.

Dante is right. The Rams are not a good matchup for Rodgers and company on offense (really its why I don't want Washington either) and have the play calling to expose our ILB's with Jet sweep motion

TB we gonna steam roll if we play them in round 2

But just imagine if Trubisky wins a PO game for the Bears? We're looking at 30 million per for like the next 4 years..... God that'd be great
To your point, could you imagine Trubisky beating Brees in NOLA, then the Bears give him an extension off of that game, only for the Packers to kick their *** in the divisional round.

Obviously not all in that order, but still. Would be so sweet.

Any scenario that gives us another few years of Mitch would be gold.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it becomes a crap shoot. I would love to see Brady implode at Lambeau...but, he can play in cold weather....if we face tampa they have to run dillon inside a lot, coupled with inside pass routes which is where tampa's weaknesses are.

It’s going to be hard to beat them on the ground. That D line doesn’t budge. That secondary is definitely suspect and can be had. Our whole team laid an egg that game so I don’t see the rematch going the same way. Plus, Evans left today’s game with a hurt knee so that would be a huge loss if he can’t go.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To your point, could you imagine Trubisky beating Brees in NOLA, then the Bears give him an extension off of that game, only for the Packers to kick their *** in the divisional round.

Obviously not all in that order, but still. Would be so sweet.

Any scenario that gives us another few years of Mitch would be gold.
Keep in mind that with the Bears track record with QBs.... replacing Trubisky isn’t likely to help them much.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Rodgers to even out his record against Brady. Can Brady handle the cold anymore, at his age? Favre used to be unbeatable in the cold, then got old and couldn't handle it anymore.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude Seattle is number 3 seed. The ONLY way we meet Seattle is if they get to the NFC Championship.
Even if the Saints make it to the next round too? Or wil that mean that Seattle and New Orleans automatically play each other as we always play the lowest seeded team?

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if the Saints make it to the next round too? Or wil that mean that Seattle and New Orleans automatically play each other as we always play the lowest seeded team?

We will play the lowest seeded team, so if Seattle and New Orleans both win, we would play the winner of the Tampa/Washington game.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to buy the ridiculous Tampa Bay fear factor even if we did lose to them earlier this year. Rodgers won't be throwing those interceptions again.

But anyway, I could see Chase Young destroying them this week.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer to play against Bears or WFT, but in reality we're like to face Bucs or Rams.

Both would be tough, but then there are no easy games at this stage.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like people should be reminded that Tampa Bay was beaten by the same Chicago team who got whooped by us

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not picking Washington to win outright against Tampa, but I'd pick them against the spread, which is currently TB -8. Washington has the fourth ranked scoring defense (second in yards allowed) and are seventh in takeaways. Their offense looks putrid on paper (30th in yards, 25th in scoring), but that's a little deceiving, because they've been better with Smith at QB. They're 5-1 with him as a starter, and have averaged 25.6 PPG in those games, which would be good for 13th in the league. Since week 7, the defense has allowed only 16.7 PPG, which would be the best in the league over the course of the whole season. Washington could very well beat Tampa, I'm not going to sleep on them. We've seen 7-9 teams sneak into the playoffs and win before.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington has a pretty dang good defensive front. Their defense plays well and could be problematic for a lot of teams

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our worse loss of the season and biggest dud this year came after our bye week. Hope LaFleur has these guys ready to go for the postseason after our bye because we are coming in white hot.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would definitely like to face the Bears in the divisional round as the Packers have been able to convincingly beat them twice already this season.

While I don't want to face the Bucs again the Rams' and WFT's defense could give the Packers fits as well. I'm not worried about their offenses as much as about Tampa's though.

Members online

Latest posts