Preferred Divisional Round Opponent

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that we've locked up the first round bye, we can think about who we would prefer to face in the divisional round.

If I am understanding the new formatting correctly, the only teams we can't play are New Orleans, and Seattle given they are the #2 and #3 seeds. So potential opponents would be the Redskins, Giants, Buccaneers, Rams, or Bears.

I'd prefer the Bears or the NFC East winner. I'm still scarred by the Bucs matchup earlier in the year, and that's the one that would probably scare me the most. Although the Rams have been inconsistent, I still think they're a solid team overall.

Edit: Football Team, not Redskins.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6-10 giants still have a chance to win the NFCE lolololol
sorry, that's out of my system
i think i least want to see tampa or seattle at any point just because of bad memories
but none of the rest of the NFC is all that scary tbh

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't we play the Seahawks either? Off those you listed probably the same ones. Either the NFC East winner or the Bears. Otherwise I'd say the Rams. Bucs also still scare me but I'm confident we'd do much better in another outing. Then the Saints, and lastly the Hawks. They always terrify me no matter how trash they are lol

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now it becomes a crap shoot. I would love to see Brady implode at Lambeau...but, he can play in cold weather....if we face tampa they have to run dillon inside a lot, coupled with inside pass routes which is where tampa's weaknesses are.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Washington manages to win tonight, I wouldn't sleep on them potentially beating Tampa next week. They have a strong pass rush, and the offense and team more generally has just looked so much better with Smith in at QB as opposed to Haskins.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd be sooooooo happy to see alex smith beat brady
mostly the smith winning part, but the brady losing part would be pretty noice too

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't we play the Seahawks either? Off those you listed probably the same ones. Either the NFC East winner or the Bears. Otherwise I'd say the Rams. Bucs also still scare me but I'm confident we'd do much better in another outing. Then the Saints, and lastly the Hawks. They always terrify me no matter how trash they are lol
Dude Seattle is number 3 seed. The ONLY way we meet Seattle is if they get to the NFC Championship.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay is gonna have to beat 2 out the saints bucs and seahawks to get there “realistically” would love to see them all choke the first round but Tampa bay is the toughest imo the cold weather doesn’t matter to Brady they are the team to beat and most likely the first team we will play

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay is gonna have to beat 2 out the saints bucs and seahawks to get there “realistically” would love to see them all choke the first round but Tampa bay is the toughest imo the cold weather doesn’t matter to Brady they are the team to beat and most likely the first team we will play

The Saints don't frighten me as much as Tampa. Brees hasn't exactly won much on the road in the playoffs, and isn't known to play well in cold weather. Brady on the other hand, like you said, won't be phased by the weather, and they already dominated us earlier in the year.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news is we got the bye week to prepare, so we'll be ready for whoever.

I'd take the Bears, but don't think they stand a chance in NOLA

If Goff isn't back and the Rams can't pull their heads out their butts, I'd take them too as they been bad lately. I don't think they will get by Seattle though.

I'd guess it'll be the NFC East team vs Bucs winner we're going to get.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Snoops! Long time no see buddy! Yeah we're likely gonna have to face one of them, but I like our chances. We're in Lambeau and we got a guy that can walk on water! I fear no one! XD

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone's scared of tampa...beating them will be predicated on if we stay inside offensively on them...outside game will not work, but going deep might. They need to put a saddle on the beast and run him between the tackles...Dillon Dillon and more Dillon.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
everyone's scared of tampa...beating them will be predicated on if we stay inside offensively on them...outside game will not work, but going deep might. They need to put a saddle on the beast and run him between the tackles...Dillon Dillon and more Dillon.
Idk about everyone else, but I'm scared of Tampa. Tampa won that game largely because Rodgers got in his own way and played arguably one of the worst games in recent memory. You wanna bet he does that again? Especially at home? I'll take that bet. He knows what time it is, and what better way than to get one up on Brady and beat him when it counts.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Snoops! Long time no see buddy! Yeah we're likely gonna have to face one of them, but I like our chances. We're in Lambeau and we got a guy that can walk on water! I fear no one! XD
That’s the mentality buddy!! Let’s go we got Rodgers and it’s all on him he is the best all time and we need him to carry us. I’m not afraid of the saints or Seattle really minus Wilson always lucky bucs make me nervous but whatever I’m gonna be optimistic. Hope you and your family had a good Christmas! It would be nice to have fans at lambeau cuz I wanna go

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Saturday, Jan. 9

• AFC No. 7 seed Indianapolis Colts at AFC No. 2 seed Buffalo Bills, 1:05 p.m. ET (CBS)
  • NFC No. 6 seed Los Angeles Rams at NFC No. 3 seed Seattle Seahawks, 4:40 p.m. ET (FOX)
  • NFC No. 5 seed Tampa Bay Buccaneers at NFC No. 4 seed Washington/New York Giants, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC)
Sunday, Jan. 10

• AFC No. 5 seed Baltimore Ravens at AFC No. 4 seed Tennessee Titans, 1:05 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN)
  • NFC No. 7 seed Chicago Bears at NFC No. 2 seed New Orleans Saints, 4:40 p.m. ET (CBS, Nick, Amazon Prime Video)
  • AFC No. 6 seed Cleveland Browns at AFC No. 3 seed Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:15 p.m. ET (NBC, Telemundo, Peacock)

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of us agree that we don’t want to see the Bucs again. But for those of you hoping it’s Da Bears, be careful what you wish for. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Even though I know we are far superior to them. Let’s just hope the bye week jinx ends now.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Most of us agree that we don’t want to see the Bucs again. But for those of you hoping it’s Da Bears, be careful what you wish for. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times in one season. Even though I know we are far superior to them. Let’s just hope the bye week jinx ends now.
That quote is extremely cliché when you are, like you alluded to, the far superior team.

I hope like hell we see the Bears again.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure @captainWIMM will be along tomorrow with stats to disprove that quote. Especially when beating a team twice already.

ETA: I got tired of waiting for him. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-a-team-three-times-not-as-hard-as-it-sounds/
Via ESPN.com, since the 1970 merger, 20 teams have had to face a divisional opponent in the playoffs after beating them twice in the regular season. Thirteen of those teams won the third matchup (65 percent).