Predictive 2022 For Draft Class

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before OTAs and pre-season get started lets' predict the 2022 seasons we all foresee for the 11 draft picks of this draft.

My predictions, assume roster health non-influencer:

#22 - Quay Walker ILB - Makes 53 - By week 8 he is receiving more snaps per game than Barnes on average - Finishes year with 80 Tackles minimum - chipping in 2 sacks and either a FF or an INT at least.

#28 - Devonte Wyatt DL - Makes 53 - By mid-season he/Reed/Lowry will all be receiving similar snap counts (if all are healthy of course) - Finishes with 20+ total tackles, 3 sacks and down stretch of final eight weeks will be mounting pressures routinely in games from the inside.

#34 - Christian Watson WR - Makes 53 - Takes sometime of course, but by seasons end I see at minimum an MVS type role in the offense if not more. - Finishes season with 50 receptions 770 yards and 7 TDs

#92 - Sean Rhyan OL - Makes 53 - Becomes the starting RG in place of Newman before Week 6 if not out the gate. 12 starts along the OL.

#132 - Romeo Doubs WR - Makes 53 - Looks more comfortable and fluid than Watson at times, but just won't get a ton of looks due to weapons ahead...but when bell is rung for him he answers it fairly consistently. Finishes season with 30 receptions with 475 yards and 4 TDs

#140 - Zach Tom OL - Makes 53 - Battles for RT and some argue should have been given it. In the end he is a reserve Lucas Patrick, ready to plug in at ANY of the spots including center if need be.

#179 - Kingsley Enagbare - Makes 53 - Battles and makes it where neither he or Garvin are the clear #3 or #4 if we bring in a veteran as I still think...but as our roster sits now of the 90 I predict he finishes the season with about 33 Tackles - 5 sacks and two FFs

#228 - Tariq Carpenter S/LB - Makes 53 - is one of our top 3 in Special Team snaps taken by end of the season and shines in that role. Plays some sub packaged roles for Barry and the defense and finishes on that side of the ball with 30 Tackles - 1 Sack - and tosses in a few PDs as well.

#234 - Jonathan Ford DL - Does not make 53 - I predict Heflin gets the PS nod over him even and he doesn't even earn a Packers PS spot.

#249 - Rasheed Walker OT - Does not make 53 - Does get a PS spot, comes up depending on injury and may accrue some active roster days but won't take any in game snaps rookie year.

#258 - Samori Toure WR - Does not make initial 53 - Excels in the pre-season and becomes a darkhorse fan favorite for a roster spot, but simply not the space. He gets a PS and GB even protects/spends some capital to keep him in house after a strong training camp and pre-season. 2023 is his chance after the likes of Watkins and Cobb are no longer here.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....... you've got a lot more confidence in rookies than I do.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmmm....... you've got a lot more confidence in rookies than I do.

Honestly none besides Quay I predict a massive contributors except Rhyan eventually beating out Newman...I just don't think Newman holds his spot.

Wyatt's numbers are supportive but solid. Enagbare is no more than Gary's first year really but ONLY because right now he has a line at being 3rd possibly on depth where Gary was fourth clearly.

Watson's figures are not much better than MVS numbers were besides his TDs (his rookie year 38 recepts, 581 yards and 2 TDs)...Doubs is not anything amazing either, but I foresee him getting some time with Watkins and Cobb most likely at least one getting injury bug a game or two.

Tariq's I had just twenty tackles which if you think of it 20-30 is essentially what Summers and/or Burks were last year for us....again DEPTH type numbers.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#258 - Samori Toure WR - Does not make initial 53 - Excels in the pre-season and becomes a darkhorse fan favorite for a roster spot, but simply not the space. He gets a PS and GB even protects/spends some capital to keep him in house after a strong training camp and pre-season. 2023 is his chance after the likes of Watkins and Cobb are no longer here.
i think he'll be enough of a surprise in tc and pre-season that they won't be able to stash him on the ps. not sure how much action he'll see tho. he needs to bulk up a bit - especially if they plan to use him from the slot.

Reaction score
I think we get 900+ yards of production from our Rookies WR group (unless someone at the top goes to IR early on).

We will see at least 1 of Quay Walker or Devonte Wyatt show up substantially year 1. Substantially meaning that they are a sure, noticeable and marked upgrade over their 2021 counterpart.

I think we will see at least 1 of the OL selections as a starter and substantially improved player over their 2021 Counterpart. Particularly at either Run grade or Pass protect grade.

As far as the other players in that Rookie or UDFA group? I think we see at least 1 Rookie who’s a noticeable standout on ST. Either at Returner, Coverage unit, blocking etc.., Someone Will rise and so much so that they will get their own thread about how much they improved that phase by the playoffs timeframe.

D

Deleted member 6794

Way too negative according to exactly who?

All I said was that Tyni had much more confidence in rookie ascendancy and production than I do.

You never expect a rookie to have an impact immediately yet every single season there's at least one, in most years even several, who contribute right from the get-go.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. I don't expect rookies to start at the beginning of their first season in the NFL. I do expect lesser contributions. Guess it's how you define "impact".

That's not negative. That's deference to a very good team and excellent roster. I expect both 2nd and 3rd year players as well as veterans to be considerably ahead of the rookies.

D

Deleted member 6794

Correct. I don't expect rookies to start at the beginning of their first season in the NFL. I do expect lesser contributions. Guess it's how you define "impact".

Yet the Packers feature at least one rookie starting early during their first season nearly every single year.

2021: Stokes, Newman
2019: Savage, Jenkins
2018: Alexander, MVS

Reaction score
As I have mentioned repeatedly I consider it to be utter BS that the Packers drafting Love had anything to do with Rodgers having performed at an MVP level over the past two seasons.
Well you’re at fundamental difference with MLF himself. He stated his position on the obvious. He’s stated that he feels that competition at a position is a key to getting the best out of everyone. I don’t think thats a big secret either in life in general. I call a spade a spade and say you already knew that, but you defend your position right or wrong.;)
Cmon. If you can’t see that chip on Rodgers shoulder after all these years? Really?. Seriously?? ?
If there was ever a guy in this planet that was threatened by someone being better than him… it’s Aaron Rodgers! By a mile
The front office should have known better that he was capable of bouncing back from it.

Ahhh. Caught you using hindsight! The old Monday Morning QBing (really more like Thursday Morning!):whistling:
I’ll admit it was a partial setup as I felt the ghost of Captain looking over my shoulder when I typed it. Lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Well you’re at fundamental difference with MLF himself. He stated his position on the obvious. He’s stated that he feels that competition at a position is a key to getting the best out of everyone. I don’t think thats a big secret either in life in general. I call a spade a spade and say you already knew that, but you defend your position right or wrong.;)
Cmon. If you can’t see that chip on Rodgers shoulder after all these years? Really?. Seriously?? ?
If there was ever a guy in this planet that was threatened by someone being better than him… it’s Aaron Rodgers! By a mile

Love doesn't present any competition for Rodgers though. Never has, never will.

Ahhh. Caught you using hindsight! The old Monday Morning QBing (really more like Thursday Morning!):whistling:
I’ll admit it was a partial setup as I felt the ghost of Captain looking over my shoulder when I typed it. Lol

You might want to go back to the threads about the 2020 draft. I guarantee I didn't like the selection of Love from the time it happened.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see this as a spectacularly good draft class. Watson was my top choice of all the WRs in the draft. I see him as the Packers top receiver from game one and a superstar in the league within a couple of years.

Wyatt should be the best D Lineman other than Kenny Clark (even though Reed probably will be better than anybody we had last year beyond Clark).

I was a little negative about Walker at first, but everything I heard from the minicamp is that he is picking up the D quick - even called the plays on D yesterday. Also, he apparently is athletically gifted to at least the level of Campbell.

I've always been a little bit negative on pretty much all things O Line. Apparently Rhian and the other two are looking good, though. I don't think any of the three will start, though.

They say Engabare was looking good too, and Jonathan Garvin wasn't even at the minicamp. I wouldn't be surprised if Enagbare ends up as the #3 OLB, although I think Quay Walker will get some work there in addition to ILB.

I didn't buy that they got Carpenter to be a LB. I think they like the idea of a big Safety and he will make the team possibly as high as the 3rd Safety. A dark horse S from the UDFAs that I have some hope for also is Tre Sterling.

Given the injury history of both Watkins and Cobb, I wouldn't be surprised if both Doubs and Toure make the 53 - 7 WRs total.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Figured be fun to circle back now with just five games left how close I am on pace with my predictions....LOL How many did I hit and how many did I whiff...

My predictions are on the OP of this thread, so this isn't me making up things like many are good at doing.

Quay Walker - I predicted 80 tackles / 3 Sacks and either an FF or INT....he is presently on pace for 131 Tackles, has half a sack and 2 FF (and a FR). I undershot Quay slightly however you had told me Campbell would be out for so much time I'd have elevated my thoughts for sure. I hit this one IMO.

DeVonte Wyatt - I predicted 20 or so tackles, 3 sacks...he presently is on pace for 13 tackles, and has no sacks yet. Undershot him, but I did predict it would be in the final eight games we saw more and more of him - and the last two games were the first ones he hit over 20% of the snaps. If he shines some in the final five I will have hit Wyatt for sure, and arguably better than any other player.

Christian Watson - I predicted 770 yards and 7 TDS on 50 receptions. He is on pace for around 549 yards, 34 receptions and to exceed my 7 TD prediction. This is undershot but actually almost spot on had he not been injured and missed so much. Like Walker I think I hit on this one.

Sean Rhyan - I predicted become RG for Newman by week 6....I got part of this partially right but not Rhyan. Whiffed on this one personally.

Romeo Doubs - I predicted 475 yards, 4 TDs and 30 receptions...he is on pace for 488 yards, 5 TDs and 48 receptions. While I consider this a mild hit, I personally envisioned the brunt of his damage coming late rather than early - however he was tasked with far more on his plate and consumed it about as good as a rookie could.

Zach Tom - I predicted he would get some chances/battles for starting spot which is about what happened essentially and with injuries saw 2 starts. However, my prediction of him being one of the main back ups is a hit.

Kingsley Enagbare - I predicted he would be our #3/#4 and contribute 33 tackles / 5 sacks / 2 FFs....he is presently pacing for 34 tackles / 3 sacks...BUT since he is having more snaps lately don't be shocked if he hits my 5 sack mark. This is a fairly solid hit, with a chance to be a knockout hit.

Tariq Carpenter - Predicted he would make 53 and be in our Top 3 for ST snaps by years end...chipping in 30 tackls and a sack with a couple PDs. He is on pace less than 10 tackles...and is presently no where near the top ST snaps. With Nixon and Leavitt added to this team it really cut down the chance Tariq had this year to do what I thought. Whiff though still.

Jonathan Ford - I predicted he wouldn't make the initial 53....and wouldn't stick on PS. He made the 53 but I don't think has taken a snap from what I could find. I whiffed.

Rasheed Walker - I predicted doesn't make the 53, does get on PS and comes up depending on injury of OL. He actually has made the 53 this year...I'm ******* myself I'll say whiff.

Samori Toure - I predicted he would excel in preseason and he did hauling in nine catches and 125 yards which I believe led the team in the preseason. Due to injuries he has gotten elevated and has been active 6 games and even credited with two starts. 75 yards, 4 receptions and a TD to boot. I hit the preseason prediction, just couldn't predict injuries would hit so hard he would be elevated and start even. half hit and half whiff.

Reaction score
I undershot Quay

Undershot him

This is undershot but actually almost spot on

Whiffed on this one personally.

I consider this a mild hit,

my prediction of him being one of the main back ups is a hit.

This is a fairly solid hit

Whiff though still.

I whiffed.

I'm ******* myself I'll say whiff.

half hit and half whiff.
I’m perplexed. How do score such brazen honesty? :laugh::laugh:
(I’m sorry I couldn’t resist!)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m perplexed. How do score such brazen honesty? :laugh::laugh:
(I’m sorry I couldn’t resist!)

LOL Because such predictions well before even roster additions in some cases is a crapshoot....add in injuries and honestly I'm pretty freaking proud I hit as well as I did on Walker, Wyatt, Watson and Doubs. I got some push back when I'd share these here and elsewhere.

Reaction score
LOL Because such predictions well before even roster additions in some cases is a crapshoot....add in injuries and honestly I'm pretty freaking proud I hit as well as I did on Walker, Wyatt, Watson and Doubs. I got some push back when I'd share these here and elsewhere.
I was just busting your chops my friend. It’s all good.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Walker - Has played twice as many snaps as I would have liked to seen. He got abused early beginning on the first series of the season. Barnes' injury really hurt this team in the first half of the season.

Wyatt - If he gets 20 snaps a game the rest of the way I'd say he has met my expectations for his rookie year.

Watson - Both less and more than I expected. He's very raw yet and even more raw and physically undeveloped than I expected. Holy cow on the plus side, this kids speed is earth shaking. He's easily amongst the fastest players in franchise history. Currently is 6th leading receiver in NFL in TD catches. He's a real difference maker imo.

Ryhan - Thought he might make a serious challenge to start somewhere along the o-line but appears now he might be fighting to even make the 53 next year.

Tom - Really pleased from what I've seen. Has held up well for a 4th round rookie and appears to definitely have a future here as maybe the next Don Barclay.

Enagbare - Flashes often and has really been better than I expected.

Carpenter - useful on specials.

Walker - Surprised he made the 53. They must like him enough that they are afraid to expose him on the PS.

Toure - Also raw, but not as raw as Watson. He's a better player than I expected.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker - Has played twice as many snaps as I would have liked to seen. He got abused early beginning on the first series of the season. Barnes' injury really hurt this team in the first half of the season.

Wyatt - If he gets 20 snaps a game the rest of the way I'd say he has met my expectations for his rookie year.

Watson - Both less and more than I expected. He's very raw yet and even more raw and physically undeveloped than I expected. Holy cow on the plus side, this kids speed is earth shaking. He's easily amongst the fastest players in franchise history. Currently is 6th leading receiver in NFL in TD catches. He's a real difference maker imo.

Ryhan - Thought he might make a serious challenge to start somewhere along the o-line but appears now he might be fighting to even make the 53 next year.

Tom - Really pleased from what I've seen. Has held up well for a 4th round rookie and appears to definitely have a future here as maybe the next Don Barclay.

Enagbare - Flashes often and has really been better than I expected.

Carpenter - useful on specials.

Walker - Surprised he made the 53. They must like him enough that they are afraid to expose him on the PS.

Toure - Also raw, but not as raw as Watson. He's a better player than I expected.

Romeo, oh Romeo where far out thou Romeo !?!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should see him next Monday I assume. Will be nice to see him and Watson on the field together, though after an extended layoff from injury, probably be rounding into playing shape just before the season is done.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should see him next Monday I assume. Will be nice to see him and Watson on the field together, though after an extended layoff from injury, probably be rounding into playing shape just before the season is done.
I meant more how Pike forgot him in his post.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zach Tom is much better than Don Barclay. He could be another Jenkins in his ability to play multiple spots. Barclay was a good back up back but turned into a turnstile when he had to start. If the Packers keep Nijman at RT, the Packers may even look at playing Tom at center, dump Newman and make Myers their main back up at guard and center. Another option is that Tom replaces Bakhtiari at some point if he really pans out.

Members online

Latest posts