Predictions for this season?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have we got a thread already?

So is this our year? All issues fixed and bring on the SB?

Or NFC? Or just Division?

W/L record?

Reaction score
There's so much on the line right now but a win and lost record of 12 and 4 would be great.
What bothers me is the injury's
How many teams are picked to win the division then injury's set in, the wheels start coming off and the season is over.
I haven't been keeping up with how much depth we have going into this season.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i mentioned in a past thread (maybe the draft thread) that i thought maybe 10-6...maybe.
Sounds realistic. Last year I was overly optimistic about the difference the new tight ends would make to our offense, even before Rodgers got hurt. Not going to make that same mistake this year, going to take more of a wait and see approach.

D

Deleted member 6794

As of right now I predict the Packers to finish the season at 12-4. It's too early to make an educated prediction though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If I have time towards the end of July, I'll do the 2nd annual predict the final record competition with three tie breakers. To capt's point, it's a little early to tell at this time.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict a fine season.....9-7? nah....w AR 10 wins, without 4....and Buggy will airplane rage his way to the playoffs.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10-6 is a good estimate. Will that be enough to win the NFC North? Maybe. Will it be enough to make the playoffs? Likely. Will we make it past the first round? Probably not.

I still don't think this team has that killer instinct. Can't win when it counts. We have this super weird ambience of a skilled team with a losing mentality.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll take 11-5 since nobody said it yet above.... They will be good on Rodgers' arm, a better running game, and an upgraded TE rotation. However, I think that our defense will struggle in the first half of the season and face it's annual crush of injuries. I see us sniffing the title game but likely just losing in the divisional round. Same old, same old but I'll take that over 5-11 any day.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers plays all season and Pettine delivers a top 12 defense then we should win 12-14.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
11-5 with a +/- of 2 games. With Pack getting bounced in Divisional round.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still don't think this team has that killer instinct. Can't win when it counts. We have this super weird ambience of a skilled team with a losing mentality.

The reason the Packers haven't made it to another Super Bowl is that they haven't had enough talent over the past seven years. It has nothing to do with mentality.

If Rodgers plays all season and Pettine delivers a top 12 defense then we should win 12-14.

If the Packers end up featuring a top 12 defense the team would definitely be one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl this season.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason the Packers haven't made it to another Super Bowl is that they haven't had enough talent over the past seven years. It has nothing to do with mentality.

Would you say that Aaron Rodgers is just as talented as Tom Brady? So why have the Patriots won two of the last 4 Superbowls, a team that also supposedly doesn't have a lot of talent?

A winning mentality. An ability to FINISH. This team doesn't have that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Would you say that Aaron Rodgers is just as talented as Tom Brady? So why have the Patriots won two of the last 4 Superbowls, a team that also supposedly doesn't have a lot of talent?

Once again, the reason the Packers haven't won another Super Bowl despite having Rodgers starting at quarterback is an overall lack of talent on the roster over the past seven years.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question. Those Patriots teams arguably had just as little talent as the Pack. Maybe even moreso.

D

Deleted member 6794

You didn't answer my question. Those Patriots teams arguably had just as little talent as the Pack. Maybe even moreso.

The Patriots have had significantly better talent over the past seven years, finishing within the top 10 scoring defenses each of the past six seasons.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the reason the Packers haven't won another Super Bowl despite having Rodgers starting at quarterback is an overall lack of talent on the roster over the past seven years.
Compare this team with the 2010 team that won the Super Bowl. We've lost a lot since then. So yeah, obviously I agree.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots have had a better winning percentage over the past decade without Brady than GB has had WITH Rodgers. If you are claiming that GB has the same kind of talent and ability outside of the QB, it is based on some flawed eye test and not the product on the field. NE is a substantially superior team.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots have had a better winning percentage over the past decade without Brady than GB has had WITH Rodgers.
Wow, if that is true that is a staggering statistic. Especially considering most would consider the Packers one of the top teams in the league over the past 10 years.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wow, if that is true that is a staggering statistic. Especially considering most would consider the Packers one of the top teams in the league over the past 10 years.

It's true as the Patriots have gone 13-6 (.684) without Brady while the Packers won 94 of 142 games (.662) with Rodgers starting.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
12-4, we get revenge on Minny, beat Tom Brady in his house, take at least a 2nd seed in the playoffs, and .... Well I'll wager a guess that we might be playing Philly or New Orleans for the NFCCG. But ... Think we may need to fire Joe Whitt before this defense gets completely fixed to win the SB.

D

Deleted member 6794

12-4, we get revenge on Minny, beat Tom Brady in his house, take at least a 2nd seed in the playoffs, and .... Well I'll wager a guess that we might be playing Philly or New Orleans for the NFCCG. But ... Think we may need to fire Joe Whitt before this defense gets completely fixed to win the SB.

Whitt should definitely be on the hot seat this season. Hopefully the Saints don't even sniff at making it to the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts