practice video

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga is not doing well on these drills. I don't know how much do you take out of no pads and shorts, but he's not doing well...

It's only his first taste of NFL practice. I remember Joe Thomas had a lot of holding issues during the Browns' minicamp back when he was rookie. Bulaga will be fine. If you look closely at when Bulaga did those drills the second time around he did much better. Bulaga's a fast learner no doubt. I just hope he can be a fine heir to Clifton one day. Speaking of Clifton, by the way he performed in those drills..... man I can see why we resigned him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's only his first taste of NFL practice. I remember Joe Thomas had a lot of holding issues during the Browns' minicamp back when he was rookie. Bulaga will be fine. If you look closely at when Bulaga did those drills the second time around he did much better. Bulaga's a fast learner no doubt. I just hope he can be a fine heir to Clifton one day. Speaking of Clifton, by the way he performed in those drills..... man I can see why we resigned him.
Yeah. Maybe, just maybe, his knee has been indeed the problem the last couple years, and he's 100% this time...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont put alot of weight into stuff before training camp. I would like to see Clay matthews bull rush Bryan though...

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why it is great to have Clifton back because he obviously does need some work. I would think by mid season he should be much improved from now. The same goes for Tauscher now that Lang is rehabbing his arm.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont put alot of weight into stuff before training camp. I would like to see Clay matthews bull rush Bryan though...

LOL, well if anyone's going to family night please inform us if that does happen. In all seriousness though I think Bulaga is lucky that he's going up against a good pass rusher, it further helps his development as opposed to going against a wimp.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a first-hand report from one of my guys who was at today's practice:
It was very windy, but nice to get to one again. I stayed about an hour. I saw them warm up, do offensive and defensive walk throughs, a short 11-11 segment, some position group work, and some punting when I left.

I was a little surprised by the nice turnout of fans for an OTA practice.
A few thoughts at large:

Burnett looks like he fits. He has good size for a rookie. Same type of build as Collins, but taller. He worked with the ones. What I liked was when others were in there, he was by Collins all the time, talking. Bigby better get in, his job is in jeopardy IMO.

If we dont bring in another punter, the Aussie wins it hands down. And we are already better than last year and Kampinos.

Raji is listed at 337, and looks at least that big. He is a mountain.

When some offensive guys put defensive vests on for a few plays, they were purple 4's. Pretty funny.

I wanted to take a pic of Woodson, but could not find him.

Colledge was the first team LG today. The rest was what we expect.

Bulaga looked to be in great shape. He carries his 300 plus pounds well. Newhouse looks to have some baby fat on him.

Shields and Porter were catching punts today.

Sheppard and Harrell are obviously way behind AR and Flynn as far as fluidity go.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The purple 4s where in the OTAs last year also... Didn't help much. For all the talk, the Packers' D played like ******* when they saw Favre. Not a single late hit.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really want Shields to return some kicks but it looks like Blackmon and Jordy are the only guys they're keeping there.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is 2 days old but here's some first hand updates from OTAs: PackerChatters

Two updates that really caught my attention:

Speaking of that, one guy who is really showing some stuff as a receiver is John Kuhn. He probably caught more balls than anyone today. He looks very natural as a receiver and has soft hands. I’m wondering if he could be a third down back. Can he pass block? We’ll see!
I hope we don't keep 3 FBs this time around. Kuhn looks to be my favorite to grab a roster spot as our primary FB.

I just have to give a shout out to a nose tackle by the name of Mullins. On one play he put two offensive guys, the blocker and the ball carrier, on the ground. It was one of those “ooo” plays that you hear from the crowd.
You've got to love that D-line depth. With Pickett, Raji, Wilson, Neal, Jenkins, etc. along with this kid we may have the best 3-4 D-line in the league.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is 2 days old but here's some first hand updates from OTAs: PackerChatters

Two updates that really caught my attention:

I hope we don't keep 3 FBs this time around. Kuhn looks to be my favorite to grab a roster spot as our primary FB.

You've got to love that D-line depth. With Pickett, Raji, Wilson, Neal, Jenkins, etc. along with this kid we may have the best 3-4 D-line in the league.
We need one of those guys to be a beast, like Ngata, Ratliff, Smith (SF and PIT) and Dockett are.

Then we'll have the best 3-4 DL.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need one of those guys to be a beast, like Ngata, Ratliff, Smith (SF and PIT) and Dockett are.

Then we'll have the best 3-4 DL.

I'm confident enough in Raji and Jenkins to be one of the guys that you just listed. Looking at the matter depth-wise, I think we have the right players to make this D-line dominant.