Pot Roast, Anyone?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrance Knighton, aka "Pot Roast" was released by the Patriots recently. Is this a guy who could help the Pack's D-line? He reminds me of Grady Jackson a bit, another big guy cut loose years ago and ended up in Green Bay.

It's hard to imagine Ted picking someone up when the Pack appears to be loaded at so many positions, but the D-line does look a little thin. Thoughts?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No thanks.
From Rotoworld... "CSN New England's Mike Giardi reports it's "starting to look like" Patriots DT Terrance Knighton is "on the outside looking in" for a roster spot.
According to Giardi, Knighton has had a "surprising lack of hold at the point of attack" and "very little movement." He's certainly behind Malcom Brown on the depth chart. Markus Kuhn, Anthony Johnson, and Joe Vellano are also in the mix for jobs. Knighton was pushed around in the second preseason game."

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like he's bad fat, not good fat. You can be massive and still agile with a good motor, but he just sounds like he's playing sluggish. I will agree that I'm not very confident about our front 7 though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the very least, fall down and create a man-pile if you can't do anything else with that bulk!

If I were Scrappin' Ted, I'd at least bring him in to sniff for rigamortis. It absolutely does not hurt. I don't see it happening though, even with our need on the DL.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Knighton is capable of performing at the same level he did last season he might be a decent addition for the Packers base defense to stop the run. It might be worth to take a look at him with Pennel suspended for the start of the season.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never hurts to look. We're thin to begin with there, and with all hands on deck it's not as if none of them are replaceable with someone better.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw that the Redskins are bringing Cullen Jenkins in for a look. I realize he's getting long in the tooth, but he might be worth a look if Washington passes. The Packers did pretty well the last time he was on roster. Jenkins is a pro, so we wouldn't have to worry about effort. The question is does he have anything left in the tank.

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like he's bad fat, not good fat. You can be massive and still agile with a good motor, but he just sounds like he's playing sluggish. I will agree that I'm not very confident about our front 7 though.

Yes, that's the concern. If he has gotten fat and lazy, GB doesn't need to have him around Eddie Lacy.

I wonder about a vet who gets released this early. Perhaps Belichick was letting him go so that he would have a chance to catch on somewhere else.

Or perhaps he just thought he could no longer play.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knee-jerk reaction is No, strictly because it's a Pats cut.

Is that because you dislike anything associated with the Patriots or because you figure if BB can't get anything more out of this guy he must be done?

OP
OP
Curly Calhoun

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never hurts to look. We're thin to begin with there, and with all hands on deck it's not as if none of them are replaceable with someone better.

Yes, "due diligence".

Of course, if Ted is doing that, and ultimately rejects the notion on Knighton, there's a good chance we'll never even know he "kicked the tires".

H

HardRightEdge

Knighton aside, with Pennel on suspension and Clark looking like a UDFA then sidelined with a back issue, the D-Line is shaping up to be the position group of greatest concern.

It seems the Capers nickel/dime count has been creeping up every year. We may not see the base D except short yardage and inside the 5.

Nonetheless, 4 reliable D-Linemen are needed to get through a game without gassing everybody. You would not want to be in that position in a close game in the 4th. quarter.

Then there's Minnesota....

Last edited by a moderator:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Knee-jerk reaction is No, strictly because it's a Pats cut.
Agree with this. TT tends to get rid of a guy a year too early rather than get nailed with the year too late. Hawke, Driver, Jones notwithstanding. Belichek has a knack to get that last year out of players.

H

HardRightEdge

Think Clarke is going to be fine
No "e" in Clark. Maybe that's what he's missing. ;)

Fine? I wouldn't bet on it. He has not gotten to serviceable yet. If he's been practicing and playing through that back issue from the first contact practice, I might be more charitable. Barring that, I'd guess he bruised his tailbone getting knocked on his kiester.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Terrance Knighton, aka "Pot Roast" was released by the Patriots recently. Is this a guy who could help the Pack's D-line? He reminds me of Grady Jackson a bit, another big guy cut loose years ago and ended up in Green Bay.

It's hard to imagine Ted picking someone up when the Pack appears to be loaded at so many positions, but the D-line does look a little thin. Thoughts?
Maybe the staff really thinks Price/Anderson are ready to at least be a backup.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Fine? I wouldn't bet on it. He has not gotten to serviceable yet. If he's been practicing and playing through that back issue from the first contact practice, I might be more charitable. Barring that, I'd guess he bruised his tailbone getting knocked on his kiester.

Auto Correct I guess.. I guess spelling errors are more important then the post

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No thanks on Pot Roast. I think there is a reason he has been with 4 teams in 8 years as well as a casualty of the first wave of cuts.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, we would be much better off with your man crush Reggie Ragland. Oh wait,
he blew out his knee on a non-contact play in practice chasing down an ancient
Reggie Bush.

Clark has showed some flash in practice, but I'm guessing you haven't attended
any this year. I could post some positive training camp reports from the
more knowledgeable Packer beat writers, but I'm sure you will just dismiss
them. His back injury isn't considered serious and how about we actually
let the 20-year old rookie play in a few regular season games before we
write him off.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes, that's the concern. If he has gotten fat and lazy, GB doesn't need to have him around Eddie Lacy.

According to Belichick Knighton did all the Patriots ask him to, even lost some weight, but it just didn't work out.

Knighton aside, with Pennel on suspension and Clark looking like a UDFA then sidelined with a back issue, the D-Line is shaping up to be the position group of greatest concern.

There's reason to be concerned about the defensive line, especially with question marks at inside linebacker as well. The Packers will start the season with only two experienced players on the DL in Daniels and Guion and a lot of guys not having taken a snap at the pro level who haven't shown anything in oreseason to feel confident about.

I wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran to improve the talent level.

Maybe the staff really thinks Price/Anderson are ready to at least be a backup.

Demetris Anderson was one of six players released yesterday.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Didn't hear that. Good news for Price & Kuder though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts