Verone McKinley III ...
You get the drift ;)

I kid... Definitely the first three +
Leo Chenal
Tyler Linderbaum
Tyler Allegeri
Kyle Hamilton
Skyy Moore

EDIT -- Sorry didnt see the limit to 5 but these are the guys id pound the table for.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Austin III
Kenneth Walker III
John Metchie III
Verone McKinley III ...
You get the drift ;)

Leo Chenal
Tyler Linderbaum
Tyler Allegeri
Kyle Hamilton
Skyy Moore

EDIT -- Sorry didnt see the limit to 5 but these are the guys id pound the table for.

You mean the RB Tyler Allgeier I assume?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the RB Tyler Allgeier I assume?
What I like about Alleieger is that he's just a tough, gritty RB. decent speed, great run power, & like every rookie RB coming out of college, he's going to have to learn to block. reminds me a lot of James Conner.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I like about Alleieger is that he's just a tough, gritty RB. decent speed, great run power, & like every rookie RB coming out of college, he's going to have to learn to block. reminds me a lot of James Conner.

I do like him and the Baylor RB...neither are blazers but boy can they get and produce yards.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've all got prospects that we just really love. Guys that really pop to us on tape or that we are confident will be good for any number of reasons. These aren't necessarily the guys you think are the best in the draft or even the best at their positions, but they're "my" guys. And of course, by saying "my" that doesn't mean that I was the one who discovered them or the only one who really likes them.

Now here's the catch-- you may only choose five. That's it. Hone your list down. We know you love more prospects than that, but the limitation makes it a fun challenge.

1. George Pickens, WR, UGA:

-9.37 RAS athlete with an impressive 1.50 ten yd split at 6'3" ~200#.
-Just turned 21 years old last month.
-Led the UGA Bulldogs in receptions, yards, and touchdowns as an 18 yo true freshman (49/727/8).
-Legitimate vertical threat who understands how to stack coverage.
-Incredible contested catch player and amazing hands generally (2nd lowest drop rate in the SEC since 2019, 2.1%).
-Legitimate X receiver skill-set; one of the best prospects in the class against press coverage.
-Tons of untapped potential and depressed value after missing majority of 2021 season.
-Absolute dog of a blocker and very effective at doing so.

2. Daxton Hill, DB, MICH:

-9.07 RAS athlete at safety; 9.95 at cornerback.
-32.25" arms and 6'8" wingspan.
-Won't turn 22 until September.
-In 20 games over the last two seasons, has 16 PBU's and 3 INT's.
-Played slot, box safety, split safety, and single high for Michigan (under NFL coaches in NFL system).
-Has legitimate cornerback ability-- could play anywhere.
-Physical, reliable tackler despite weighing 191 lbs.
-Reportedly high football IQ.

3. Travis Jones, iDL, UCONN:

-9.40 RAS athlete.
-Well distributed 325# on 6'4"+ frame and 34+" arms.
-22 years old, which is refreshing in a class with so many over-aged prospects.
-Was immediately productive for UConn and persisted despite playing for lousy teams.
-17% interior pass rush win-rate was the same as sub-rusher Josh Paschal and better than Perrion Winfrey and Devonte Wyatt.
-Misunderstood as pure nose tackle-- aligned often at 3T for the Huskies and has legitimate versatility to play from the 5 in.
-Plus skill sets as both a 1 gapping or 2 gapping player.
-One of the most dominant players at the senior bowl.

4. Drake Jackson, ED, USC:

-8.60 RAS athlete with long arms (34") and big hands (10.25"); near 7' wingspan.
-Just barely turned 21 years old this month.
-Logged 11.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and 3 PBU's as a true freshman in 2019.
-Highly flexible top side rusher who capably uses his length to counter.
-Has length and athleticism to rush or drop into coverage on any given play.
-Willingly added or shed weight in college to adapt to different defensive roles.

5. Nick Cross, SAF, MAR:

-9.87 RAS athlete at safety with legit size (6'0" 212#), speed (4.34; 1.46), and agility (4.21; 6.85).
-Still only 20 years old and won't turn 21 until September.
-Big time ball production all three years for the Terps: 18 PBU and 6 INT over three seasons.
-Tons of special teams snaps and production in college.
-Another guy who played everywhere: slot, post, split, and in the box.
-Has the size and strength to thump, but is a reliable tackler.
-Ideal skill set for a two high defense that uses split safeties and swaps responsibilities.
Wow, I didn't know Pickens had a 1.50 10 yard spilt in the 40. Has anyone ever gone under 1.50? Either way, that's explosive.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so Dante's doesn't think I am copying off of him I have talked about these guys in earlier posts.
D. Hill
T. Penning
G. Pickens
N. Cross
J. Tolbert
Cross is a stud. Love Pickens' speed but don't know much more about him. Is he a likely rd 1 or rd 2 guy?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cross is a stud. Love Pickens' speed but don't know much more about him. Is he a likely rd 1 or rd 2 guy?
Pickens is definitely a late-round 1, early-round 2 candidate. If I was in a fight I'd like to have him on my side lol. He is one intense dude.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Trevor Penning. He would offer a nastiness on our OL that we don’t have (start him at RT) He’ll need to clean up some mechanics so as not to get flagged at the NFL level, but he absolutely has a toughness and raw strength to play at a high level.

2. Christian Watson
Incredible athlete with high level ceiling. Might be one of the more underrated prospects in 2022 due to concerning drops. Yet many “in the know” seem to agree they are focus drops and fixable. His College level “Complexity of Routes” was simple, but he’s an immediate answer for MVS in his Rookie season, with Super Plus long term upside that’ll likely put “early MVS” to shame inside 1-2 seasons. Not to mention KR potential with speed that rivals most 185lb speed Returners.

3. Jalen Pitre S.
Jack of All trades
Big 12 Defensive Player of the year.
Finalist for top DB in the Country
AP first team Safety
Elite level Run Support, would be a wrecking crew paired with Campbell.
Could use 10-15 pounds (on his 197lb frame) to match up better at the NFL level. His field range is better closer to LOS and diminished the deeper the route. Needs better Training at the deep level but NFL ready in the Slot. Is projected often close to where the Packers select
(50-70 range)

4. Jelani Woods.
10.0 RAS and one of the most athletically gifted athletes in this draft. The highest graded RAS TE in over 1,000 TE testing at combine.
He’s got some minor risk, he’s a boom or bust, but if he booms it’s a BIG BOOM! His foot tracks have been mistaken for Big Foot after a soggy day.

5. Abraham Lucas OT
Excellent length at 6’6.5” 316lb; ran a 4.97 40 time. 34” arms with huge wingspan. His arm length is like trying to run around the Mississippi River (ok ok that part was my interpretation) over 2,000 snaps at RT and is projected as one of the most NFL ready at his position. Allowed ZERO sacks his Senior season. Played against top talent such a Thibodeaux and held his own.
Primary strength is Pass sets over Run blocking. Yet watching his film, when he got a hold of you he pushed you back 16 yards. He’s not a mauler one the run game, but shows great effort and has the ability to lock in and run you like a toy. Could benefit from more lower body strength training to improve short area anchor and could benefit from overall technical refining (like all do)
Said to be starter capable at the RT position somewhere in his Rookie season. High ceiling guy with great length, great IQ and good play awareness. Heads on a swivel and good communication in real time against stunts.
I like Penning and Watson. Both need a lot of attention from the coaches but the talent is there. In Penning's case it's meanness, but who cares? Are these day two guys, or are they likely to go in rd 1?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers take Treylon Burks with #22 and Devonte Wyatt at #28. That addresses WR and DL on day one.

What scares me about Burks is that he turns into Ty Montgomery instead of Deebo Samuel. It's a risky pick but if they want Burks, they have to take him day 1.

If they have Olave AND Burks at #22 they have a big decision. Olave is undersized for the Packers, but he's more polished than Burks. I have to pick, so if they're both available. I'd take Olave.

There are gonna be some gems at WR in rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't be that upset if they went DL, ILB day 1 and saved the WRs for day two. And that's how GB operates anyway. Taking a WR early is always risky and why they almost never take one on day one.

And I'm certain there will be veteran WRs cut after the draft. I would not be surprised to see them add 1 or 2 vets on prove-it contracts once the draft dust has settled.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know Pickens had a 1.50 10 yard spilt in the 40. Has anyone ever gone under 1.50? Either way, that's explosive.

Yep-- a number in this class even. Christian Watson posted a 1.45; Alec Pierce posted a 1.46.

Reaction score
I like Penning and Watson. Both need a lot of attention from the coaches but the talent is there. In Penning's case it's meanness, but who cares? Are these day two guys, or are they likely to go in rd 1?
Penning is solid Round 1. He would never make it past our #28. He might be gone before 22
I see Watson in that Top 50 area, but I think the early push has WR picked on average 3-5 spots before their overall rated area.
Mainly because of need from many teams and an above average WR draft crop. But also possibly the higher end ones get more attention because of what we saw with Contracts of Davante and Hill etc..

So small % Watson gets picked tail end Round 1. More likely Early Day 2

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep-- a number in this class even. Christian Watson posted a 1.45; Alec Pierce posted a 1.46.
Wow, thanks Dantes. That's getting close to the limit of how fast a human can run. Of course, that's what they told Roger Bannister too...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penning is solid Round 1. He would never make it past our #28. He might be gone before 22
I see Watson in that Top 50 area, but I think the early push has WR picked on average 3-5 spots before their overall rated area.
Mainly because of need from many teams and an above average WR draft crop. But also possibly the higher end ones get more attention because of what we saw with Contracts of Davante and Hill etc..

So small % Watson gets picked tail end Round 1. More likely Early Day 2
Thanks, and you present an interesting case that WRs will be over-valued this year.

I'm not at all opposed to Gluten taking an ILB and DL in round 1 and saving round 2 for WRs. I only see one WR who must be picked in rd 1, and that's Wilson. For the right team, like the Vikings, they may be willing to take Williams early, so he probably goes in rd 1 as well. The Vikings can afford to wait for Jameson to heal as long as they have Thielen and Jefferson in the fold, and it makes it easier to jettison Thielen if he wants too much money down the road. That said, I don't like the ida of facing Jefferson and Jameson at least twice a year........

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
No one really needs to worry about limiting it to five if they don't want to. That was just a wrinkle to add a challenge.

If I was adding a 6th guy, it would actually be a guy that I'm not so sure the Packers would draft:

Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan

Given that he's just under 5'10", he does not seem to be the Packers' preferred type. But as strange as it may seem, I think he's the closest thing to Davante in this class.

Adams is clearly bigger, so that's a major distinction. Moore is a lot faster on paper, but this was a fast track at the combine, so I don't think he's really all that much faster than Adams. But when Adams came out, he had the tools and just didn't quite know how to use them to create separation. But he grew tremendously at the next level. That's a possible outcome for Moore in my mind-- the explosive movement and change of direction could be harnessed and he could become a guy who creates separation at will. And he has fantastic hands and ball skills.

If they passed on WR in round 1, but somehow came away with Skyy Moore and Alec Pierce, I'd love it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one really needs to worry about limiting it to five if they don't want to. That was just a wrinkle to add a challenge.

If I was adding a 6th guy, it would actually be a guy that I'm not so sure the Packers would draft:

Given that he's just under 5'10", he does not seem to be the Packers' preferred type. But as strange as it may seem, I think he's the closest thing to Davante in this class.

Adams is clearly bigger, so that's a major distinction. Moore is a lot faster on paper, but this was a fast track at the combine, so I don't think he's really all that much faster than Adams. But when Adams came out, he had the tools and just didn't quite know how to use them to create separation. But he grew tremendously at the next level. That's a possible outcome for Moore in my mind-- the explosive movement and change of direction could be harnessed and he could become a guy who creates separation at will. And he has fantastic hands and ball skills.

If they passed on WR in round 1, but somehow came away with Skyy Moore and Alec Pierce, I'd love it.
Yeah I mean no pun intended but what ultimately separated Adams as an elite WR was his ability to create separation at the line. If it was third down and the Packers only needed a yard or two, it was almost impossible to defend.

I've heard Moore's name but discounted it for the reason you mention, his size. If he's there though in rd 2, they might just take him. Things change.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calvin Austin III
Kenneth Walker III
John Metchie III
Verone McKinley III ...
You get the drift ;)

Leo Chenal
Tyler Linderbaum
Tyler Allegeri
Kyle Hamilton
Skyy Moore

Linderbaum in the Center from, ummm, Iowa I think?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes he is a WR out Baylor most project ceiling is 3rd round with bottom is probably 5th range.
I think the last time the Packers drafted for speed they took Janis. But if this guy falls to the 5th or 6th round, he'd likely make a hell of a gunner on STs, with WR upside.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the last time the Packers drafted for speed they took Janis. But if this guy falls to the 5th or 6th round, he'd likely make a hell of a gunner on STs, with WR upside.

I'm assuming you forgot about MVS?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I was chastised a couple weeks ago for choosing Moore as my 1st receiver in my first mock. They said we didn't need that type of receiver.
My mock was mocked. :)

Latest posts