Post Your "My" Guys

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We've all got prospects that we just really love. Guys that really pop to us on tape or that we are confident will be good for any number of reasons. These aren't necessarily the guys you think are the best in the draft or even the best at their positions, but they're "my" guys. And of course, by saying "my" that doesn't mean that I was the one who discovered them or the only one who really likes them.

Now here's the catch-- you may only choose five. That's it. Hone your list down. We know you love more prospects than that, but the limitation makes it a fun challenge.

1. George Pickens, WR, UGA:

-9.37 RAS athlete with an impressive 1.50 ten yd split at 6'3" ~200#.
-Just turned 21 years old last month.
-Led the UGA Bulldogs in receptions, yards, and touchdowns as an 18 yo true freshman (49/727/8).
-Legitimate vertical threat who understands how to stack coverage.
-Incredible contested catch player and amazing hands generally (2nd lowest drop rate in the SEC since 2019, 2.1%).
-Legitimate X receiver skill-set; one of the best prospects in the class against press coverage.
-Tons of untapped potential and depressed value after missing majority of 2021 season.
-Absolute dog of a blocker and very effective at doing so.

2. Daxton Hill, DB, MICH:

-9.07 RAS athlete at safety; 9.95 at cornerback.
-32.25" arms and 6'8" wingspan.
-Won't turn 22 until September.
-In 20 games over the last two seasons, has 16 PBU's and 3 INT's.
-Played slot, box safety, split safety, and single high for Michigan (under NFL coaches in NFL system).
-Has legitimate cornerback ability-- could play anywhere.
-Physical, reliable tackler despite weighing 191 lbs.
-Reportedly high football IQ.

3. Travis Jones, iDL, UCONN:

-9.40 RAS athlete.
-Well distributed 325# on 6'4"+ frame and 34+" arms.
-22 years old, which is refreshing in a class with so many over-aged prospects.
-Was immediately productive for UConn and persisted despite playing for lousy teams.
-17% interior pass rush win-rate was the same as sub-rusher Josh Paschal and better than Perrion Winfrey and Devonte Wyatt.
-Misunderstood as pure nose tackle-- aligned often at 3T for the Huskies and has legitimate versatility to play from the 5 in.
-Plus skill sets as both a 1 gapping or 2 gapping player.
-One of the most dominant players at the senior bowl.

4. Drake Jackson, ED, USC:

-8.60 RAS athlete with long arms (34") and big hands (10.25"); near 7' wingspan.
-Just barely turned 21 years old this month.
-Logged 11.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and 3 PBU's as a true freshman in 2019.
-Highly flexible top side rusher who capably uses his length to counter.
-Has length and athleticism to rush or drop into coverage on any given play.
-Willingly added or shed weight in college to adapt to different defensive roles.

5. Nick Cross, SAF, MAR:

-9.87 RAS athlete at safety with legit size (6'0" 212#), speed (4.34; 1.46), and agility (4.21; 6.85).
-Still only 20 years old and won't turn 21 until September.
-Big time ball production all three years for the Terps: 18 PBU and 6 INT over three seasons.
-Tons of special teams snaps and production in college.
-Another guy who played everywhere: slot, post, split, and in the box.
-Has the size and strength to thump, but is a reliable tackler.
-Ideal skill set for a two high defense that uses split safeties and swaps responsibilities.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just so Dante's doesn't think I am copying off of him I have talked about these guys in earlier posts.
D. Hill
T. Penning
G. Pickens
N. Cross
J. Tolbert

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m desperately trying to limit to five and also kinda wanna put a few different guys out that others haven’t.

I may force myself a step further to have to include a guy I feel is Day 1, a Day 2 and a Day 3…

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
George Pickens

Treylon Burks

Jalen Tolbert

Wan'dale Robinson

Trey McBride

Chigoziem Okonkwo

Arnold Ebiketie

David Ojabo(This injury really sucks!)

Nick Bonitto

Sam Williams

Josh Paschal

Jordan Davis

Travis Jones Jr.

Perrion Winfrey

Otito Ogbonnia

Luke Goedeke

Trevor Penning(I'll be honest, I just fell for the mean streak, but he needs work)

Daxton Hill

Jalen Pitre

Devin Lloyd

Zyon McCollum

It's a long list, but I honestly tried to avoid a ton of Georgia player(homer) and whittle it down as much as possible. I'll add some context at some point, but I just wanted to get the names down for now. I haven't watched a ton of OL, CB, or ILB tape and I'm just getting through a bunch of the safeties so I'm light in those areas.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
George Pickens

Treylon Burks

Jalen Tolbert

Wan'dale Robinson

Trey McBride

Chigoziem Okonkwo

Arnold Ebiketie

David Ojabo(This injury really sucks!)

Nick Bonitto

Sam Williams

Josh Paschal

Jordan Davis

Travis Jones Jr.

Perrion Winfrey

Otito Ogbonnia

Luke Goedeke

Trevor Penning(I'll be honest, I just fell for the mean streak, but he needs work)

Daxton Hill

Jalen Pitre

Devin Lloyd

Zyon McCollum

It's a long list, but I honestly tried to avoid a ton of Georgia player(homer) and whittle it down as much as possible. I'll add some context at some point, but I just wanted to get the names down for now. I haven't watched a ton of OL, CB, or ILB tape and I'm just getting through a bunch of the safeties so I'm light in those areas.
Light? You literally named 4x the number the OP wanted.

Reaction score
1. Trevor Penning. He would offer a nastiness on our OL that we don’t have (start him at RT) He’ll need to clean up some mechanics so as not to get flagged at the NFL level, but he absolutely has a toughness and raw strength to play at a high level.

2. Christian Watson
Incredible athlete with high level ceiling. Might be one of the more underrated prospects in 2022 due to concerning drops. Yet many “in the know” seem to agree they are focus drops and fixable. His College level “Complexity of Routes” was simple, but he’s an immediate answer for MVS in his Rookie season, with Super Plus long term upside that’ll likely put “early MVS” to shame inside 1-2 seasons. Not to mention KR potential with speed that rivals most 185lb speed Returners.

3. Jalen Pitre S.
Jack of All trades
Big 12 Defensive Player of the year.
Finalist for top DB in the Country
AP first team Safety
Elite level Run Support, would be a wrecking crew paired with Campbell.
Could use 10-15 pounds (on his 197lb frame) to match up better at the NFL level. His field range is better closer to LOS and diminished the deeper the route. Needs better Training at the deep level but NFL ready in the Slot. Is projected often close to where the Packers select
(50-70 range)

4. Jelani Woods.
10.0 RAS and one of the most athletically gifted athletes in this draft. The highest graded RAS TE in over 1,000 TE testing at combine.
He’s got some minor risk, he’s a boom or bust, but if he booms it’s a BIG BOOM! His foot tracks have been mistaken for Big Foot after a soggy day.

5. Abraham Lucas OT
Excellent length at 6’6.5” 316lb; ran a 4.97 40 time. 34” arms with huge wingspan. His arm length is like trying to run around the Mississippi River (ok ok that part was my interpretation) over 2,000 snaps at RT and is projected as one of the most NFL ready at his position. Allowed ZERO sacks his Senior season. Played against top talent such a Thibodeaux and held his own.
Primary strength is Pass sets over Run blocking. Yet watching his film, when he got a hold of you he pushed you back 16 yards. He’s not a mauler one the run game, but shows great effort and has the ability to lock in and run you like a toy. Could benefit from more lower body strength training to improve short area anchor and could benefit from overall technical refining (like all do)
Said to be starter capable at the RT position somewhere in his Rookie season. High ceiling guy with great length, great IQ and good play awareness. Heads on a swivel and good communication in real time against stunts.

Last edited:

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
George Pickens
Sky Moore
Jameson Williams
Alec Pierce
Chris Olave
Jalen Tolbert
Calvin Austin III
Devonte Wyatt
Arnold Ebekiete
Sam Williams
Jaquan Brisker
Tyler Smith
Lucas Abraham

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
George Pickens
Sky Moore
Jameson Williams
Alec Pierce
Chris Olave
Jalen Tolbert
Calvin Austin III
Devonte Wyatt
Arnold Ebekiete
Sam Williams
Jaquan Brisker
Tyler Smith
Lucas Abraham

Dude how hard is it to abide by the purpose of the discussion. Limiting it to five is a great exercise and keeps just pointless posting of numerous guys…which is easy and anyone can do with zero intent or effort or reasoning really

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Dude how hard is it to abide by the purpose of the discussion. Limiting it to five is a great exercise and keeps just pointless posting of numerous guys…which is easy and anyone can do with zero intent or effort or reasoning really

It’s fine, man. No big deal.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty looking for a fight now... it's definitely draft season! Who's ready to rumble?!!!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ty looking for a fight now... it's definitely draft season! Who's ready to rumble?!!!

Sorry I just don’t get it…forums seem to be a spot where folks don’t read everything and what they do read ignore it seems….feel bad and don’t mean anything ill directly at @wist43 , it just is frustrating and indication of how conversations cannot even happen at times when simple thoughts or parameters cannot even be acknowledge…lol

I need more coffee or bourbon and a nap clearly lol

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I just don’t get it…forums seem to be a spot where folks don’t read everything and what they do read ignore it seems….feel bad and don’t mean anything ill directly at @wist43 , it just is frustrating and indication of how conversations cannot even happen at times when simple thoughts or parameters cannot even be acknowledge…lol

Like I said, get a grip.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My problem is I might have a cocktail to wind down after work and I see a topic I get excited about and didn't read the whole post entirely. I'm sure it happens to others. I just love draft time.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My problem is I might have a cocktail to wind down after work and I see a topic I get excited about and didn't read the whole post entirely. I'm sure it happens to others. I just love draft time.
Clearly you need more cocktails to wind down if these topics get you excited. :)

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We've all got prospects that we just really love. Guys that really pop to us on tape or that we are confident will be good for any number of reasons. These aren't necessarily the guys you think are the best in the draft or even the best at their positions, but they're "my" guys. And of course, by saying "my" that doesn't mean that I was the one who discovered them or the only one who really likes them.

Now here's the catch-- you may only choose five. That's it. Hone your list down. We know you love more prospects than that, but the limitation makes it a fun challenge.

1. George Pickens, WR, UGA:

-9.37 RAS athlete with an impressive 1.50 ten yd split at 6'3" ~200#.
-Just turned 21 years old last month.
-Led the UGA Bulldogs in receptions, yards, and touchdowns as an 18 yo true freshman (49/727/8).
-Legitimate vertical threat who understands how to stack coverage.
-Incredible contested catch player and amazing hands generally (2nd lowest drop rate in the SEC since 2019, 2.1%).
-Legitimate X receiver skill-set; one of the best prospects in the class against press coverage.
-Tons of untapped potential and depressed value after missing majority of 2021 season.
-Absolute dog of a blocker and very effective at doing so.

2. Daxton Hill, DB, MICH:

-9.07 RAS athlete at safety; 9.95 at cornerback.
-32.25" arms and 6'8" wingspan.
-Won't turn 22 until September.
-In 20 games over the last two seasons, has 16 PBU's and 3 INT's.
-Played slot, box safety, split safety, and single high for Michigan (under NFL coaches in NFL system).
-Has legitimate cornerback ability-- could play anywhere.
-Physical, reliable tackler despite weighing 191 lbs.
-Reportedly high football IQ.

3. Travis Jones, iDL, UCONN:

-9.40 RAS athlete.
-Well distributed 325# on 6'4"+ frame and 34+" arms.
-22 years old, which is refreshing in a class with so many over-aged prospects.
-Was immediately productive for UConn and persisted despite playing for lousy teams.
-17% interior pass rush win-rate was the same as sub-rusher Josh Paschal and better than Perrion Winfrey and Devonte Wyatt.
-Misunderstood as pure nose tackle-- aligned often at 3T for the Huskies and has legitimate versatility to play from the 5 in.
-Plus skill sets as both a 1 gapping or 2 gapping player.
-One of the most dominant players at the senior bowl.

4. Drake Jackson, ED, USC:

-8.60 RAS athlete with long arms (34") and big hands (10.25"); near 7' wingspan.
-Just barely turned 21 years old this month.
-Logged 11.5 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and 3 PBU's as a true freshman in 2019.
-Highly flexible top side rusher who capably uses his length to counter.
-Has length and athleticism to rush or drop into coverage on any given play.
-Willingly added or shed weight in college to adapt to different defensive roles.

5. Nick Cross, SAF, MAR:

-9.87 RAS athlete at safety with legit size (6'0" 212#), speed (4.34; 1.46), and agility (4.21; 6.85).
-Still only 20 years old and won't turn 21 until September.
-Big time ball production all three years for the Terps: 18 PBU and 6 INT over three seasons.
-Tons of special teams snaps and production in college.
-Another guy who played everywhere: slot, post, split, and in the box.
-Has the size and strength to thump, but is a reliable tackler.
-Ideal skill set for a two high defense that uses split safeties and swaps responsibilities.

I should have added this initially, but try to come up with realistic comp's for your guys.

Mine:

1. George Pickens => A.J. Green, ARI: This is my loftiest comparison as A.J. Green could be a future HOF, but then again I believe Pickens would have been the WR1 in this class had he not missed most of the season. Green was a little bit thicker than Pickens coming off, but as prospects they both have that combination of explosive acceleration, vertical separation, and ball skills. Plus they both have that nasty edge to the way they play the game. Green also never topped 1,000 yards in college and missed a good portion of his last year at Georgia.

2. Daxton Hill => Minkah Fitzpatrick, PIT: Fitzpatrick played a similar role for Alabama in college-- technically a safety who could and did play everywhere, but majored as a slot cornerback. That has essentially been Hill's role for the Wolverines. Fitzpatrick had a little size on Hill coming out, and Hill has a little bit more speed. They both thrived in terms of ball production.

3. Travis Jones => DaRon Payne, WAS: Jones is a little taller, bigger, and longer than Payne was, and he tested a little better essentially across the board. However, the margins are pretty small. Where I see the similarity is that Payne has versatility in terms of being able to play multiple roles across the interior. That's Jones' potential in my mind, and probably to an even greater extent with his superior length. Another guy who has that NT/3T versatility to him is GB's own Kenny Clark.

4. Drake Jackson => Uchenna Nwosu, SEA: Jackson is hard to pin down because he changed roles a couple times for USC and lost/gained weight to support the change. So I think he at least can be a rich man's Nwosu if that's the path his NFL team wants him to take (he could also go the direction of another former Trojan, Everson Griffen). Jackson is a more explosive athlete than Nwosu and a better pass rusher, but they're similarly nimble athletes who can play consistently as stand-up rush linebackers.

5. Nick Cross => Juan Thornhill, KC: Thornhill was a little smaller than Cross coming out, but he was similarly a phenomenal athlete with good size, range to play the back end, strength to fill in the running game, and lots of ball production.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Fitzpatrick comp for Daxton is money, that young man is by far one of my favorite in the entire draft and I’m even worried he is there for us to take honestly, but either way if we don’t get him I pray he is in AFC or out of the North at least because he can wreck an offense with his skillset

Reaction score
I think it’s good to see some emotion in here. Im happy for Tyni he’s excited and we all should be.

We’ve got a grouping of 5 really good selections by 92. I had a really hard time cutting it to 5 there’s some fantastic players I cut out, but I tried not to overlap also.

Without looking? there’s probably what? only 5-6 teams with better draft collateral? Maybe not even that, but a top 4 overall selection is hard to beat also. In total draft “points” they are either teams who made drastic changes in coaching, QB’s or they are just bottom feeders! Which means they are very likely not legit deep playoff contenders.
We are a top drafting team + a top contender. Add #12/MLF and we’ve got something special as Packer fans. I’ve got a gut feeling we could be dangerous if we approach these selections with relative patience. “Hold your fire boys! Until you see the White in their eyes!”
Make that first Round count!

This draft is intriguing because the positions we need? The prospects are thick in that 20-something overall, to 120 or so. A place where even at 132-140 you’ll get some slippage on the backside. By 171 it’s picked over a stab in the dark.

Then we have 3 selections we can use at developmental players and ST college stalwarts just waiting and praying to hear their name called. Those can be our high effort guys and let them know that’s why we picked them!

We need them just as much as #22 to get that Lombardi back in house

In the Words of the Great Will Ferrell..
LETS DO THIS!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts