Possible Draft Theories

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from the looks of the draft .. it seems as though TT felt the biggest need on the packers was run stopping and Special Teams.

almost as if he went into this draft trying to build a special teams unit, that would do nothing but...special teams.

The Virginia Tech Hokies(we drafted 2 by the way) use their best players on special teams, where as most other teams use the depth and scrub players to avoid injury. i can clearly see that TT and MM are out to make special teams a strength where it was a weakness last year.

I think its awesome that we are taking the hard nose style again... play awesome defense, killer special teams, and dont screw up on offense.

and another thing... i think the best way TT could help favre is to improve both of the areas i mentioned above. Brett Favres biggest weakness is when he is behind and tries to make it all up in one shot.
So if we arent behind and he doesnt have crappy feild position, he can go out there and do what he does best. add in the fact that the offense will most assuredly improve with experience and camp and strength coaching... theres no reason to believe this team wont improve win wise yet again.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I agree that the defense should improve and the special teams have more bodies to utilize. But the offense doesn't have much experience and proven firepower to put points up. You are more optimistic than some with the wins, I think I need to find my Green & Gold glasses to share in your joy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
call it what you want.

but i never said we were superbowl bound

we were 8-8 with that team last year. i can see 10-6 this year. so get off my nuts with the green and gold glasses crap. im optimistic and trusting of the management, not green and gold glasses blind.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I was optimistic and to a point still am. Hopefully someone steps up at running back, FB, TE and WR to help Driver. Not comfortable but optimistic :)

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why people are or are not enamored by certain running backs, but I'm extremely excited about a Jackson/Morency duo.

At WR I bet Ruvell Martin and Jennings both step up.

Pack93z

Reaction score
It is not that I don't like the duo, but we lack something that we have seemed to lack for a couple of years... experience. The roster for the past three to five years lacks leadership and experience.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Whom was the leader for the RB to look to on the Roster... Green and Henderson. Gone. We are in a youth movement, with very little veterans on the club. Look at the successful teams out there.. what do they always have. Veterans that lead the club. Do we have alot of those on this team?

Will some of the youngsters become leaders, yes. Do they have the experience to lead others? I don't know at this point. And with 3/4 of the roster 2nd year players or rookies.. does anyone know what we have?

That is the uneasy feeling some here have.. instead of having a grasp on 3/4 of the roster and filling in holes... we have a roster in which 3/4 are based on potential and unknowns.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're upset because we don't have a "leader" who is a running back? I don't understand that. You don't think the coaches aren't responsible for developing the young players? You don't think other type of leadership isn't available from non-RB's like Driver, Favre, etc.? Sorry if I'm being difficult here.. I just really don't understand what you're basing any of this argument on...

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not to mention we had leaders in the backfield in Green and Henderson.... that didnt work out so well last year. the run game left a lot to be desired last year even with those guys.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Marooney and Addai beg to differ that you have to have experience to be good in theNFL

What did both of them have around them... Rhodes and Dillion. Hmmm... Drew in Jacksonville... oh Fred Taylor doesn't tote that rock there does he?

Pack93z

Reaction score
I am not saying you can't be good without experience, but if we want to win a championship, which I think is still the goal, you need experience.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Marooney and Addai beg to differ that you have to have experience to be good in theNFL

What did both of them have around them... Rhodes and Dillion. Hmmm... Drew in Jacksonville... oh Fred Taylor doesn't tote that rock there does he?

I REPEAT

not to mention we had leaders in the backfield in Green and Henderson.... that didnt work out so well last year. the run game left a lot to be desired last year even with those guys.

its all about systems and talent. if we got the right system and the right player at the right time... it will work out regardless on if theres a guy whos 35 and too slow, to share the backfield with.

OP
OP
P

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can i just say for a minute that he just mentioned Dhominic "i pee myself when im getting a DUI" Rhodes and Corey "money chasin" Dillon as two solid leaders in their respective backfields.

those guys had nothing to do with the success of Addai and Marooney. Just good coaching and the right system.

Pack93z

Reaction score
What proof can we give you? I say what proof can you give me.

You ever see a dog chase it's tail... that is what both sides are doing here. There is signs on both sides, but can either of us prove it. Nope.

Call me out for ceasing on these silly arguments, fine. It is okay, I don't mind.

What happens is someone gets upset and you have this back and forth type stuff. I certainly didn't mean to offend you with the glasses comment, as I PM'd and said. Last time I checked we were on the same side.

So I am giving in, I am going to enjoy this year no matter what happens.

Pack93z

Reaction score
can i just say for a minute that he just mentioned Dhominic "i pee myself when im getting a DUI" Rhodes and Corey "money chasin" Dillon as two solid leaders in their respective backfields.

those guys had nothing to do with the success of Addai and Marooney. Just good coaching and the right system.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I love.

In one sentence they will say you don't need veteran leadership but if GB would sign Dillon or another vet tommorrow they would give TT a virtual ******* for bringing in "Veteran Leadership".

If you don't think veteran leadership is important I guess thier is no point in even continuing the discussion

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pyle-

These will help numb you from reality...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom, do you prefer lotion or personal lubricant.

RB is an inherently instinctive, reactionary position....find the hole, hit the hole. Yes, the play is designed to create the hole, but the back for the most part responds to its creation. The most easy position to step into and succeed.

WR....very different animal. I would agree about vet leadership at WR, but let's face it, the league is littered for DECADES with rookie RBs who light it up from the get go.