Poll - Would you want Javon Walker back?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.....
No......
Yes If we werent so full at WR

So I started the poll. Great idea, PackerLegend.

How do I feel about Javon Walker? Glad you asked.

Walker has 2 serious flaws:
1) he's stupid,
2) he's selfish

If you watch our Big-5, we play as a unit. Watch them closely. One will catch the ball, and the other four will block for him. THOSE are the types of players I want on my team. I don't expect Walker to develop into one of them.

Favre's style of passing has changed as well. He no longer throws the jump ball. The one he threw to Jennings a few weeks back wasn't intended to be a jump ball, it just fell short.

Walker was stupid to leave. I bet he thought Favre was on the way down. He couldn't be more wrong. One guarantee you'll have with Favre is he'll throw for 3500+ yards. That's great if you're a WR. We almost had two WRs with over 1000 yards receiving this year. The thing is, we would have had two if Jennings wasn't injured for two games and rested for one.

Your loss, Walker. I feel like we don't need you any more.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people here say he has changed..........but is that REALLY true? Is it really worth infecting our core of young guys with his "me first" attitude he had before he left here? I just don't know if it's worth that chance. Especially since we seem to have a pretty strong group of WR's now.
He would have to PROVE to me that his mentality HAS changed. If he can prove that to TT and "Eminem", then i would say go for it. But is he injury prone now? I mean, is it an injury that has really changed his effectiveness? I really haven't followed him much since he left here. Yes, i KNOW he went through that awful murder.
I just don't know if our team wants to take a big money chance on a "maybe".

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Reasons for no...

Salary and Injury history...

Other than that... he is a talent and brings alot to the table. Did he make a mistake with his mouth his first go around in GB.. yes he did. Does that mean that he was a locker room cancer and turd, no it doesn't at least in my opinion. He chose a wrong path in contract talks and demanded his way off the Green and Gold.

I remember Walker spending time at the children's hospital and doing some charity work around the state... some noteable Packers on the roster today haven't done a stitch of community work to my knowledge, some have complained about their contracts and have been in off field trouble. Yet they are praised to the ninth..

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than that... he is a talent and brings alot to the table. Did he make a mistake with his mouth his first go around in GB.. yes he did. Does that mean that he was a locker room cancer and turd, no it doesn't at least in my opinion. He chose a wrong path in contract talks and demanded his way off the Green and Gold.

I remember Walker spending time at the children's hospital and doing some charity work around the state... some noteable Packers on the roster today haven't done a stitch of community work to my knowledge, some have complained about their contracts and have been in off field trouble. Yet they are praised to the ninth..

Totally agree. I just made a mile-long post in the other J-Walk thread, and now Zombie goes and starts a poll!!

Voted yes, but I highly doubt he'll even leave Denver. If he does, I'd be surprised to see him flat out cut.

After that, I really can't see TT bringing him in.

After THAT, I don't even know if he'd honestly even want to come back here. He said he wanted a role like the one he had here, and that role doesn't really exist in MM's WCO hybrid.

Also on the note of his actual desire to come back here, I wonder if he and Brett would even want to play together after the mess last time. Since Walker seems open to playing with Brett again, it'd be interesting to get Brett's thoughts on it.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reference to the "We have the Big 5 already" argument, The Big 5 may not be still intact after this offseason:

pack_in_black said:
I think he'll be a great addition to a deeply talented WR corps that will potentially be sans Ruvell Martin and K-Rob in 2008. (Both their contracts expire after this year if memory serves correctly)

Who wouldn't mind slapping a guy with Javon's talent in the #3, 4, or 5 spot? Crazy.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to say no as Walker can still be a really good talent in this league, but economically it just does not make sense to me to bring him back. I would rather we spend money upgrading the OL or the defensive secondary before we look at another WR.

Anyone know when Marques Colston's contract expires? I'd like to pick that kid up if we are talking WRs. He reminds me a bit of Randy Moss with his height advantage over most corners and good hands.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have to probably go with yes if we werent full at WR currently. But it would have to be an incentive based contract because his knee is a concern. He wasnt really to bad a guy until he wanted out of GB and ever since he has been. Look at a head case Moss was, what happened when he went on a winning team. Im guessing its probably the same for Javon. Also haven your friend die in your arms in Denver on new years a year ago yesterday most have brought back memories sadly he will never forgot that tragic day so I cut him some slack.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He done burnt the Packer bridge in my mind.

Let him go to a different team and demand a trade after a couple years.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not! Javon Walker's talent doesn't match his mouth. The kid is never happy and he is apparently a malcontent. Chemistry is so important and I think the Packers have great chemistry. I wouldn't want Javon Walker on this team.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not! Javon Walker's talent doesn't match his mouth. The kid is never happy and he is apparently a malcontent. Chemistry is so important and I think the Packers have great chemistry. I wouldn't want Javon Walker on this team.

I agree with both of you guys here. From my local perspective on the situation, Javon's got deep, deep scars from the event (which took place one year and one day ago, btw), the kind that don't show up on your skin.

He's definintely changed from a young player into a man who's seen and lost a lot more than any of us have ever been forced to endure. All this cancer/bad influence talk is easy to throw out there, but it just doesn't seem to fit him.

I'd love to have him back, cause he's changed. Believe me, he's a different person than we all remember.
Does anyone read my posts? :-?

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless if he has changed or not, we would be better off spending the dough somewhere else. I hope he does well in the future but WR is not a spot that needs depth right now.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's stupid. we have no room for stupid players on our team. Thompson has made that abundantly clear, and I whole-heartedly agree. maybe he has grown up. maybe he is a changed man. but he is still a stupid man, and i don't want him to mess up a good thing.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does not matter how much he has changed.

It is clear from the recent interview that he will be publicly dissatisfied if he is not the clear #1 wide receiver.

He would not be #1 on the Packers.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A conditional "Yes, But we're full already" - IF he enrolled in the Randy Moss school of "how to be a team player when you're only one of 53 guys"

Lingering injury does make him suspect though.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo said:
Regardless if he has changed or not, we would be better off spending the dough somewhere else. I hope he does well in the future but WR is not a spot that needs depth right now.

either was DT but it didn't stop TT from drafting one

are you snerious. If you dont think DL depth is unbelievably important after this year. then your blind or dumber than Javon Walker.

as far as JWhine is concerned ... id have him on this team if the MGMT felt he would fit... cause so far the team couldnt possibly fit together any better. but not at any price or depth chart position he will ever agree to.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back to the idea of depth at the position, I'm pretty sure that K-Rob and Ruvell are FA's after this year.

That leaves us with Greg, who hasn't played a 16-game season in his 2 years starting, so let's not throw the Walker out with the bath water there.

Then Donald, who is 33 going on 40. The man is a warrior, but remember holding our collective breath when he hurt his foot in the last preseason game?

Then JJ, who was good for all of about 6 games tops. I have high hopes for him, but you can't count him as our "quality depth" when he's had one catch in the last 6 games or whatever.

So say we lose Martin and Koren to Free Agency, we are left with:

1. An aging blue collar player
2. Gragarious for 12 games in the reg. season
3. JJ (who isn't catching the ball lately)
4. Holiday coming off of IR

I'm as optimistic as anyone, but that's not exactly a group of world-beaters on paper. Throw in Walker's upside, and THEN we've got some nice depth, IMO.

But I'd still rather have Brandon Marshall. Come to think of it, I'd rather have alot of guys. But I wouldn't mind Javon.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Back to the idea of depth at the position, I'm pretty sure that K-Rob and Ruvell are FA's after this year.

That leaves us with Greg, who hasn't played a 16-game season in his 2 years starting, so let's not throw the Walker out with the bath water there.

Then Donald, who is 33 going on 40. The man is a warrior, but remember holding our collective breath when he hurt his foot in the last preseason game?

Then JJ, who was good for all of about 6 games tops. I have high hopes for him, but you can't count him as our "quality depth" when he's had one catch in the last 6 games or whatever.

So say we lose Martin and Koren to Free Agency, we are left with:

1. An aging blue collar player
2. Gragarious for 12 games in the reg. season
3. JJ (who isn't catching the ball lately)
4. Holiday coming off of IR

I'm as optimistic as anyone, but that's not exactly a group of world-beaters on paper. Throw in Walker's upside, and THEN we've got some nice depth, IMO.

But I'd still rather have Brandon Marshall. Come to think of it, I'd rather have alot of guys. But I wouldn't mind Javon.

I like Marshall as well but he has had some character problems too. I like our WR corps as well but I'd take Javon back just for the reasons you stated above.

Too many people are bitter over people leaving on here. Walker, Longwell, Sharper, Etc, all were good players on our team.

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 names come to mind... antonio...freeman.... 2 words follow: @#!$ off, you want out when we lose, and expect everyone to pick up the pieces and just let you back in, hell no keep dreamin.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit...........i AM a bit bitter over the way JW left. He pretty much slapped the team that gave him a chance right across the face.
But if MGMT allows him back, i would cheer for him as i did before he became "TO JUNIOR". If thye say he's ok, and they want him, i'd accept the fact that they know more about professional football then i do.

Sharper, I'm not mad at the way he left...........but it's FUN to see him ramble his mouth, and then see him NOT be able to back it up on the field. I liked him when he was here, and i don't want anything bad to happen to him. He was a fun guy to root for, and he treated me well when i met him.
Longwell, i don't dislike him either. I think he wanted to pat his lifetime stats in a dome, so he went there. The only time i root against those guys strongly is when they are playing against us.

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

PIB, as far as I recall K-Rob is still with us for one more year, he signed a 2 year contract, and since he was suspended for one year, that year was not credited under the contract.

I'm torn on the J-Walk issue. His recent interview showed me that he has grown up some what, but the thing that concerns me is what J-Walk had to say about Rosen-*** in his latest interview with the Broncos.

Basically J-Walk was nothing but praise for Rosen-***, and that worries me. I don't think I'm wrong in thinking if Rosen-*** tells J-Walk to act like a jerk, then J-Walk will do it. Such is the lure of a man that promises getting you a pay day of multi-millions...

For that reason alone, I'd steer clear of J-Walk. Rosen-*** is just too big of a problem to warrant the risk on J-Walk. There may well be a reward, but it isn't worth the risk.

As for losing Ruvell, that loss may hurt a little, but I've read tidbits about how the Packers are very high on Bodiford, and think he can contribute something eventually. I mean they haven't kept him on the roster all this time for no reason. So I think they've been grooming Bodiford to take on Ruvell's role if/when he leaves, and perhaps challenge for the #4 or even #3 WR spot down the line.

Oh, and don't go thinking that I normally read your posts. Like I'd think posts made by a Red Sox fan are worth reading. :lol:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
As for losing Ruvell, that loss may hurt a little, but I've read tidbits about how the Packers are very high on Bodiford, and think he can contribute something eventually. I mean they haven't kept him on the roster all this time for no reason. So I think they've been grooming Bodiford to take on Ruvell's role if/when he leaves, and perhaps challenge for the #4 or even #3 WR spot down the line.

A little trivia for you AADP, oh Wise Spankees Fan- :p

Can you just throw up Mr. Bodiford's career stats, I wanna see how the heir apparent to Ruvay-il's position has done in three years as a pro....

:D

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me it'd be close. He was my favorite Packer until he left. I didn't know how selfish he really was though. I wouldn't want him back just cause were good now and were good enough for him now.

Members online

Latest posts