Poll: FO/Coaching changes in GB

At this point, which Packer coaches/managers should lose their job at season's end?

• Clean house. TT, MM, Capers, and most/all assistants

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Ted and Dom should be fired, but MM should stay for now

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Thompson only, everyone else gets a new shot under a new GM.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McCarthy only

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Capers only

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • All coaches should return in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got your years confused. MM gave up play calling for the 2015 season after the choke job in Seattle. He took it back midway through the season after the offense "sputtered" at the start of 2015. You know, this offense:
And this was the year without Jordy. Then McCarthy took over and it really took a dive for the next 18 games or so into the 2016 season.
You are correct about the dates. However, the offense didn't suddenly get better when Rodgers made the run the table statement. In fact the Offense had improved several games earlier unfortunately the defense did not... remember the first game of the 4 game losing streak... they lost by 1 point to Atlanta scoring 32 points.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not if you hire from within. capers and his underlings can be moved out without disrupting the other departments. scouting needs a hard look too.

Promoting an assistant to HC will not mean Dom Capers is safe. When teams do that, the new HC fires some assistants. Not as many as coaches who are hired from other teams perhaps, but they do replace some guys on their staff.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this poll pretty sufficiently covers all realistic choices, but feel free to discuss if you have some caveats (example: Clean house but Ron Zook or Joe Whitt should stick around, for example)
First play a three man line all the time gimmicks don't work and haven't,you're killing Clark and Daniels get a third and build back Lowry and Adams won't work get people that have heart.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Promoting an assistant to HC will not mean Dom Capers is safe. When teams do that, the new HC fires some assistants. Not as many as coaches who are hired from other teams perhaps, but they do replace some guys on their staff.
go back and look again. my comment had nothing to do with head coach. it was about thompson.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Clean house at the end of the season. It's time. Nice going to the playoffs a number of years, but I think the law of diminishing returns is starting to set in on this team. With the franchise player injured for a while, there is a good a chance for reflection and redirection.

Dan Pyawasay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don' know what we have been doing in the draft for the last couple of years. They say Ted Thompson was a draft guru but he seems to be out of touch with our current situation. Besides the one super bowl that we have gone to with arguably the best quarterback in NFL history, we have nothing to show for. I blame Thompson for sitting on his hands many times and not making the right decisions in free agency in addition to the draft. McCarthy is a decent coach but he doesn' have what we need to take our team to the next level. I feel like it is a combination of those two that have allowed this situation to happen to begin with. Capers is a good defensive coordinator but we haven't provided the players needed to make things happen. So, in my mind all the coaching staff and Thompson should be fired. A new coach will bring in assistants they are accustomed to working with so keeping certain parts of our staff isn't a viable option. It' kind of sorry to think that we wasted the talents of Rodgers for the last couple of years when we should be in the super bowl almost every year. Our team is a joke in my opinion. Couldn't stop a nose bleed on defense if they wanted to and our running game has been non existent for years now. Running game opens up the pass and you can control the clock. Why should we have to depend on Rodgers to pull a rabbit out of a hat every game in order for us to win? Brady isn't a supreme talent but he has pieces around him that is needed for success. Management provides this every year and they are regularly in the super bowl. Super bowl should be Rodgers and Brady every year for the last 5 years if we had some type of team to put on the field. I say we should move on and hope to salvage what we have left with Rodgers and make a push. Put all the chips in and see what happens. The other mistake was not getting a vet in the secondary to help teach some of the ins and outs of the position. For our younger players. This could'e been achieved through Revis or Cromartie but instead we want to learn the hard way. Their careers are pretty much done but have a wealth of knowledge to provide. Look what happened when we got Woodson and Harris? Our secondary is a joke, I haven't seen one of our players jump a route or punch a football out since then. Clean the slate!

Dan Pyawasay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for Capers being let go but not till the end of the year and then make a play for another DC from another team.. like Phillips from the Rams or someone along those lines. We don't need a rookie DC.

I think TT has done a good job, he has drafted some good players but Capers hasn't made good use of their talents.

TT has missed the mark numerous times in the draft. Late round picks sure he has that aspect down but impact players higher in the draft is where he falls flat.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Lovat and his strength program **** canned after this year. Heyward and Hyde were both guys with the hamstring and groin pulls (casey more so) that are ever so prevalent with this team. They leave the Packers and lead the league in INTs while being models of health. Hyde had some pulls here and there but Casey was out damn near half his GB career with a hammy pull and now that he is under a different strength program he is suddenly the healthiest guy in the league and extremely productive. Injuries happen......breaks, dislocations, ruptures and they are freak things that you can't really do anything about. I don't want to talk about those. I want to talk about the chronic hamstring and now goin issue going on with the Packers players. Fix it already.

D

Deleted member 6794

I want Lovat and his strength program **** canned after this year. Heyward and Hyde were both guys with the hamstring and groin pulls (casey more so) that are ever so prevalent with this team. They leave the Packers and lead the league in INTs while being models of health. Hyde had some pulls here and there but Casey was out damn near half his GB career with a hammy pull and now that he is under a different strength program he is suddenly the healthiest guy in the league and extremely productive. Injuries happen......breaks, dislocations, ruptures and they are freak things that you can't really do anything about. I don't want to talk about those. I want to talk about the chronic hamstring and now goin issue going on with the Packers players. Fix it already.

FYI Hayward played in every single game in three of his four seasons with the Packers while Hyde only missed a single one from 2013-16.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posters that stick up for the current management, are you watching the games? This team fails the eye test in just about every phase. We have wasted a generational talent at QB. I lost all confidence in this staff at Seattle and have seen nothing since then to change my mind.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want TT to step down and the entire defensive staff gone, especially capers. Also want a new OC, don’t like Edgar in that role. McCarthy is fine imo, he can stay. Also, I always liked TT and never had a problem with him, but he’s getting up there in age and feel like his understudy is ready to step in and be successful.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want TT to step down and the entire defensive staff gone, especially capers. Also want a new OC, don’t like Edgar in that role. McCarthy is fine imo, he can stay. Also, I always liked TT and never had a problem with him, but he’s getting up there in age and feel like his understudy is ready to step in and be successful.
I've always wondered what Bennet actually does anyway.... OC under McCarthy seems to be a Title only position.

Mijapi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Capers and the entire defensive staff needs an overhaul. I wouldn’t be upset if the entire coaching staff was overhauled, as well as TT, though.

Realistically? All of them will return, as they do every year. Don’t get your hopes up for anything different. The definition of insanity comes to mind and fits the current team management. Try the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

Latest posts