POLL: Behind Lacy, Who will have more yards rushing?

Who will have more yards rushing next season?

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all hope Big Eddie has another pretty healthy year and racks up 1200, 1400 yards.

Now behind him, we have James Starks coming off a super year.
We also have Johnathan Franklin, who in his one big chance, had over 100 yards at a fine Cinci defense.
And don't forget about DuJuan Harris, who was fantastic down the stretch in 2012, and whom McCarthy had penciled in as starter entering last year even after Lacy was drafted.

Last year, Starks had 493 yards.
Franklin had 107 yards in his one chance in Cinci basically.
Harris, of course, didn't get to suit up at all last year.

My poll here is who will have more rushing yards in 2014:James Starks or Franklin+Harris

Factor in everything you can think of.
Starks had never stayed healthy until last year. Fluke?
Harris wasn't healthy at all. Trend?
Franklin got hurt somehow too, despite little action. Trend?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
<Let's keep him HEALTHY please
<People forget how GOOD he was
<Didn't get many chances, but 100+ yard debut not bad
<ONE of my FAVORITE plays of all of 2013

D

Deleted member 6794

I expect Starks to be Lacy´s backup, so if he stays healthy he´ll probably have more rushing yards than Franklin and Harris combined.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you include receiving yards, I think Franklin/Harris will out gain Starks. This is the best I've
felt about our RB talent and depth in a long time and I think we will keep all four.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers will keep all of them and although it's an unpopular opinion around here I think Harris will be the odd man out.
Who is the odd man out? Will they keep 4 RBs, plus Kuhn?
Yes.
Unless injury, perhaps a neck to Franklin, they will keep all 4 RBs plus Kuhn.
I think they'll keep Kuhn instead of an extra TE.
We used to keep like 4 TEs.
I think that will be down to 2 or 3.

Harris and Franklin are too good. McCarthy won't let them go if healthy.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet on Harris catching a flight the last week of cuts this year. He was a fill in. Another Cedric benson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Considering Starks will make his money catching screens and getting injured? I fully expect Franklin/Harris to have more total yards. I still say Franklin will completely replace Starks in a year or so.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks has only been hampered by injuries. He's a pretty good RB and was able to stay healthy in 2013. If that continues throughout the preseason, I expect Harris to be cut unless Franklin regresses.

Just|Me

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first of all our playcalling / our game preperation needs to be flexible enough to give Harris/Franklin at least a chance to gain more yards than Starks. it didn't work that way last season and I really doubt it will change alot.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
first of all our playcalling / our game preperation needs to be flexible enough to give Harris/Franklin at least a chance to gain more yards than Starks. it didn't work that way last season and I really doubt it will change alot.
MM stated Harris was supposed to be a big part of our offense last year before he went to IR. I could see some change happening.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM stated Harris was supposed to be a big part of our offense last year before he went to IR. I could see some change happening.

I think we have yet to see some franklin packages. He brings so much versatility. If you can get him in a situation where there's 1 tackler or many spread out tacklers on the edge, he can really burn. He's one of the more exciting year 2 guys for me below datone and Hyde.

D

Deleted member 6794

MM said that Harris would enter training camp as the team´s starter even with Lacy and Franklin in the mix. At that time I thought it was a ridiculous statement. While Harris did some nice things in 2012 when nobody else was around I don´t expect him to make the team this season.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, MM stated that Harris was the starter in 2013 because he ended the 2012 season as the starter. He clearly lost his job to Eddie Lacy. The only question is who is #2, who holds the clipboard at #3, and who is looking for another job. Harris and Franklin have roughly the same cap number in 2014 (around $600k) so they are fighting for that final spot.

The only caveat is that all of our RBs battled injuries last year. It "might" be a position that they keep 4 + Kuhn but not likely.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, MM stated that Harris was the starter in 2013 because he ended the 2012 season as the starter. He clearly lost his job to Eddie Lacy. The only question is who is #2, who holds the clipboard at #3, and who is looking for another job. Harris and Franklin have roughly the same cap number in 2014 (around $600k) so they are fighting for that final spot.

The only caveat is that all of our RBs battled injuries last year. It "might" be a position that they keep 4 + Kuhn but not likely.

I don't like how you are looking at the position. Holding the clipboard at #3 is not how the running game should look next year if were using our options to an advantage. Starks and lacy are the closest to being alike out of our running backs but they all have different skills. I'd rather see franklin in a sproles type of roll where he does screens and a lot in the short pass game and have lacy as the powerhouse back from last year with Starks giving him a breather. Franklin should be a lot more involved than being a security blanket if we lose 2 backs.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have yet to see some franklin packages. He brings so much versatility. If you can get him in a situation where there's 1 tackler or many spread out tacklers on the edge, he can really burn. He's one of the more exciting year 2 guys for me below datone and Hyde.

I really hope that 50+ yard run he had against Cincinnati last year is a foreshadowing of things to come in
2014. In addition to our RB depth this upcoming year, I would expect our OT play to be better in the running game
with Bulaga back and Bak in year 2.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I really hope that 50+ yard run he had against Cincinnati last year is a foreshadowing of things to come in
2014. In addition to our RB depth this upcoming year, I would expect our OT play to be better in the running game
with Bulaga back and Bak in year 2.
This should excite you. I can't wait to see what an offseason in an nfl strength program to fill out his anchor does for him

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People forget what DuJuan did for us, even at the 49ers in that playoff game?
He was good, looked better than fellow little guy Ray Rice did for the Ravens.

I, with McCarthy, was excited about the guy.

There's room for all 4 guys on the roster, even if at the expense of one of our fine, deep, TEs. Oh wait.....

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People forget what DuJuan did for us, even at the 49ers in that playoff game?
He was good, looked better than fellow little guy Ray Rice did for the Ravens.

I, with McCarthy, was excited about the guy.

There's room for all 4 guys on the roster, even if at the expense of one of our fine, deep, TEs. Oh wait.....

Like I said before he was a fill in. The only way he makes the team is if he beats out Starks for the backup role. No way we keep 5 rbs including Kuhn. And Kuhns job is safe IMO.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="FrankRizzo, post: 552185, member: 2232"
There's room for all 4 guys on the roster, even if at the expense of one of our fine, deep, TEs. Oh wait.....[/quote]

I don't see us entering the season with our current TE situation. It should be upgraded in rounds 1-3

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Like I said before he was a fill in. The only way he makes the team is if he beats out Starks for the backup role. No way we keep 5 rbs including Kuhn. And Kuhns job is safe IMO.

Starks and Franklin are redundant.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks and Franklin are redundant.

Starks was far from redundant last year. I don't think I need to get the stats to prove he was very helpful and probably our best backup running back in the Rodgers era. Actually definitely the best. Harris is redundant. And just watch some tape on franklin in college and tell me there's no use for him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Bostick counts, and Quarless can on occasion stretch a seam. Taylor might as well be a FB, and Stoneburner is useless. I hate this Webber kid.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Starks was far from redundant last year. I don't think I need to get the stats to prove he was very helpful and probably our best backup running back in the Rodgers era. Actually definitely the best. Harris is redundant. And just watch some tape on franklin in college and tell me there's no use for him.

Franklin is just a smaller, more explosive Starks! They're both space/edge backs! Harris is redundant with Lacy if anybody.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts