PFF Grades Vs Commanders Best and Worsts

D

Deleted member 6794

Some of the throws off mark are arguably drops...if a drop I believe their metric hits the targeted player more than the QB. At least that is my guess.

Well, it wouldn't make any sense to blame a quarterback for a receiver dropping a ball.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it wouldn't make any sense to blame a quarterback for a receiver dropping a ball.

What I was meaning is some are crediting Amari as example a drop on that overthrow ball down the sideline. To me that shouldn't be held against the WR personally.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say it every week...but some of you fail to acknowledge YES THESE GRADES ARE NOT THE BIBLE OR THE STANDARD TO PLACE A STANCE IN completely...take them for what they are, a metric of measurement (however they do it) which as season trends begin to take form rarely categorize a player as terrible that is average, good that is bad or excellent that is just good...

Best Offense
AJ Dillon - 67.8
Aaron Jones - 67.5
Allen Lazard - 67.1
Aaron Rodgers - 66.5
Zach Tom - 66.1

Worst Offense
Robert Tonyan - 35.4
Romeo Doubs - 43.6
Elgton Jenkins - 50.0
Amari Rodgers - 50.3
Tyler Davis - 50.6

Best Defense
De'Vondre Campbell - 94.3
Rasul Douglas - 90.7
Dean Lowry - 79.7
Quay Walker - 78.0
Rashan Gary - 76.5

Worst Defense
LaDarius Hamilton - 32.7
Eric Stokes - 50.6
Jaire Alexander - 53.1
Jarran Reed - 57.2
Kenny Clark - 62.2

OBservations...both from a PFF perspective and my own TJ Slaton had easily his best game of his career on Sunday...so did Wyatt...it is one refreshing thing to see the progression from two young guys this team especially over the next two to three years are depending on.

Enagbare is continuing to do well (ignore the one sack)...he was positioned well more than he wasn't and seems to have more of an anchor than even I thought.

Pass Blocking we did AWESOME:

Josh Myers 83.6 Jon Runyan 83.3 Zach Tom 82.2....three OL over 80 is impressive regardless of how they do their scoring....

Run Blocking... we only had one lineman over 60....Yosh at 62.8
And the stat that does not show is that Gary went out with a concussion in the second half. We did not have him on the field on that last Washington drive. Not that it would have made a difference in the outcome. But if he makes a play maybe we have just enough time to get a shot at a long FG.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
John Kuhn thinks these aren't a horrible thing to use.. But some of it is misleading.

I think this is how his example went.

Example he gave is if a TE was suppose to block a certain way but missed then aaron Jones came in and chipped the defender. But say Jones chip wasnt good, and defender sacked Rodgers.

Jones is hit with it and not TE

Edit
Reason being is the te assignment was to block the defender not Jones. That's why Kuhn doesn't think it's 100 percent accurate

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

What I was meaning is some are crediting Amari as example a drop on that overthrow ball down the sideline. To me that shouldn't be held against the WR personally.

As I have mentioned before I don't think it's fair to credit Amari with a drop on that throw. On the other side, on Lazard's drop on the first drive Rodgers doesn't deserve any blame for it.

And the stat that does not show is that Gary went out with a concussion in the second half. We did not have him on the field on that last Washington drive. Not that it would have made a difference in the outcome. But if he makes a play maybe we have just enough time to get a shot at a long FG.

The defense being able to get off the field before the two minute warning could have easily been the difference between losing and winning that game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To this guy, it was exactly what I said it was previously, an opportunity for a receiver to make a play for his QB. All the greats have receivers that do that for them in pretty much every game. Right now, Rodgers has Jones and sometimes Lazard who had his own drive killing miscue and was out with injury in that game. It was a big moment, we needed a play. The ball was not perfect, but it certainly was catchable. Though I don't expect Amari to be that guy, but if you're going to fumble in scoring position, maybe do something to make up for it once and a while.

We don't have guys making the routine plays and we don't really have anyone helping the QB out either.

And people will focus on the 3-4 passes that weren't perfect. But every other QB has those most games too, even the greats.

Disclaimer, I make all these statements with my Rodgers lover glasses on so none of those statements are probably true at all.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah buddy asked me what QBs right now I would take over Aaron and we only felt three exist with sufficient reasoning one could argue it (again this is just right now, not future)...that list was (in no particular order) Allen, Mahomes and Jackson.

Beyond that we both felt Herbert was next with best case....he felt Hurts was next I leaned to Stafford or Brady.

Either way Rodgers is IMO still a Top 5 type QB...just isn't playing that way for numerous reasons, some his fault, some team fault, some thumb fault.
Right now Brady looks poor. He has a hell of lot more good targets than AR does but I suspect Father Time is finally catching with him.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone argue that PFF is 100% accurate, they simply state (correctly) that they are better than nothing. Until another organization, which NFL teams contract with, comes out with public ratings (2K doesn't count) they're the best most fans can use since I, and most others, certainly don't have time to watch every player, on every play, of every game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have mentioned before I don't think it's fair to credit Amari with a drop on that throw. On the other side, on Lazard's drop on the first drive Rodgers doesn't deserve any blame for it.

The defense being able to get off the field before the two minute warning could have easily been the difference between losing and winning that game.
Another difference was the muffed punt by A. Rodgers. We gave Washington 3 "free" points and lost by 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts