PFF Best and Worst Week 2 vs Falcons

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again just the messenger, sharing for observations anyone wants to draw from them. Also, as a reminder these are for OVR grades and minimum of ten snaps.

BEST OFFENSE:

Jayden Reed - 82.9
Dontayvion Wicks - 74.8
Josh Myers - 67.3
AJ Dillon - 66.9
Luke Musgrave - 66.2

BEST DEFENSE:

Quay Walker - 72.3
Justin Hollins - 72.2
Lukas Van Ness - 71.6
Preston Smith - 69.9
Keisean Nixon - 69.8

WORST OFFENSE:

Josiah Deguara - 41.5
Patrick Taylor - 50.2
Malik Heath - 51.7
Royce Newman - 52.3
Jon Runyan - 56.8

WORST DEFENSE:

Colby Wooden - 36.9
Devonte Wyatt - 45.4
Karl Brooks - 48.6
Darnell Savage - 50.7
Kingsley Enagbare - 51.4

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
He was actually running hard in the beginning. Then a couple of slips/stumbles and he ended up not doing much. The play calling doesn't seem to help him alot.

Dillon just doesn't bring anything that allows him to get more than what's blocked. He runs smaller than his size and, as we saw yesterday, sometimes gets less than what's blocked. I want to see Wilson get some run.

Reaction score
I think our Run blocking left something to be desired. We’ve got an average Center and played with 2 backups on OL and when I watch other teams RB’s? They’ve got more holes opening up. Often not getting touched until they are 3 yards past LOS or more. It just seems like our RB’s regularly get abused at the LOS or before on many plays. Sometimes even in the backfield which is not good.
I’m crediting that much to inexperience at TE and below average perimeter blocking. It forces us to run inside more and often into the strength of our opponent. For a team that claims to be a proponent of being allusive with motion and misdirection we near rarely use it effectively. Maybe we dummying down because of who’s out there idk

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our OL doesn't excel at run blocking. Dillion needs to run north & south, which our OL struggles with....especially when the left side is out/injured. They excel at pass blocking, and once again, I think that they generally gave Love lots of good passing pockets.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's above average, and he was terrible.

He has not proven to be worth the second round pick that was used on him, yes. However, to add some context (which is always needed when just looking at one number with PFF) here are the run blocking grades given to the olinemen who Dillon had to overcome:

Zach Tom: 43.6
Elgton Jenkins: 62.3 (only 7 run block snaps before he left)
Yosh Nijman: 62.6 (on 8 run block snaps)
Jon Runyan: 54.0
Royce Newman: 47.9 (14 run block snaps)
Rasheed Walker: 53.7 (17 run block snaps)
Josh Myers: 66.4

So, while I remain unimpressed with Dillon as a running back (but his nicknames for his quads are fun!) he got VERY little help from his oline and PFF doesn't knock a player for getting behind the oline.