Peter King on TT

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
**** Peter King. TT might have made the best, and hardest move a GM ever had to. He looks great now. Reporters that killed him at the time can go suck a lemon. Thats right.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Tell Ted to release me.''
-- Text message from Brett Favre to Peter King, referring to Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson, July 28, 2008.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're welcome, for Clay, by the way :D
Lol yeah I think about that all the time. Bellichick was called a genius for trading down, and TT was demonized for "overspending".

You guys REALLY lack a pass rusher, and you had a clear shot at him...

You did get Patrick Chung and Sebastian Volmer who are solid guys. But I'd bet every Pats fan would trade both of those for Matthews...

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
You did get Patrick Chung and Sebastian Volmer who are solid guys. But I'd bet every Pats fan would trade both of those for Matthews...

In a heartbeat. Clay Matthews is a beast - and I hope he gets his ring this year.

We still need a pass rusher desperately. But, with the 9 gazillion draft picks we have this year, we might find one. Maybe.

With that, and a more experienced rookie squad for the rest of our defense means we might actually have a good season next year, and for a while after that.

I'm a hopeless optimist LOL...

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a heartbeat. Clay Matthews is a beast - and I hope he gets his ring this year.

We still need a pass rusher desperately. But, with the 9 gazillion draft picks we have this year, we might find one. Maybe.

With that, and a more experienced rookie squad for the rest of our defense means we might actually have a good season next year, and for a while after that.

Bill is better at acquiring draft picks than acquiring pro bowlers through the draft it seems like. Even though the rutgers kid was a steal.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Bill is better at acquiring draft picks than acquiring pro bowlers through the draft it seems like. Even though the rutgers kid was a steal.

Yup. There have been many a draft that I've been less than satisfied with the results, but every so often there's a good one - and there are a bunch of rookies we have that show a lot of promise.

But we still need a pass rusher :angry2:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lemme pick your brain:

What did you think about the Seymour trade? IMHO the best 3-4 DE of all time (unless you count Reggie White's time as a 3-4 DE).

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Lemme pick your brain:

What did you think about the Seymour trade? IMHO the best 3-4 DE of all time (unless you count Reggie White's time as a 3-4 DE).

I loved Seymour, but he was slowing down and wanted too much money. We needed to get younger on D. Sorry to see him go, but it happens. BB has always been pretty good at knowing when you have to get rid of a player, imho.

Same reason we'll probably lose Mankins from our O line this year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what OBF fans think of this... I hear they are busy being upset with Driver right now for his comment about sexter. And then blaming Driver for ruining two of Favres chances to get to the SB. Weird, didnt know Driver threw INTs...