Peter Skoronski

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like many on this page have maybe not given Peter his due diligence. We see his less than stellar size 6-4 and 313, and his very short arms.
But as far as everything else, this guy makes up for it with having the best intangibles of any of the offensive linemen in this draft.
His footwork, bend, quick hands, quick mindset on the fly to make accurate adjustments. They call him a technical maestro.
He seems like a player who works on his strengths knowing that his downfalls won’t change.
I think he will be a great tackle in this league after my further research. He went to Northwestern for a reason. He is smart. I also see him as one who studies his opponents for flaws.
So yes, I have warmed up to him.

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think at latest he will get gobbled up by the Bears. But I had Paris Johnson rated higher because he seems more prototypical to me. But there is something to be said for a crafty ball player.
And yes, he does remind you of Bakhtiari.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to get him. There is the whole grandfather playing for Lombardi thing as well. But he is perfect. An underdog because he is an inch short in height and arm length. He can always where thick heels and let his fingernails grow out.

He can step in and be one of the top guards as a rookie. But the OGs have moved up the importance/appreciation chain in recent years as witnessed by the bigger contracts. I doubt he makes it to 15.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I don’t want him.

There is nothing wrong with his height and weight. But his length is going to push him inside. Guard is one of the least pressing positions on the roster and a low value one to begin with.

The Packers should pass.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn’t even that he has shorter arms than the typical Tackles, he has arms like no tackle in the league….there are sub 5’10’ guys with longer arms running around the CFL…

He is an ELITE GUARD.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve warmed up to him as well, if there in the second. Now if we had a desperate need at guard I’m all over him. ALL OVER HIM.

Reaction score
From what I’m reading and watching He’s a guy you would draft if you needed a high floor, immediate need. And well rounded player with little to no risk.
Although that ceiling is not as good as an several others in that Day 1 grouping.
We don’t need immediate results, so I’m moving onto someone that might be slightly less refined, but higher mid-long term ceiling. Somewhere they mentioned him moving to Guard or Center. I bet he’d be one heck of a Center, he actually reminds me of a more refined, young Corey Linsley. Even their RAS scores are similar 9.31 Peter vs 9.23 Corey
Pass for me at #15 overall

Maybe in another season for GB, but not this one. He’ll be a solid OL for years though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isn’t even that he has shorter arms than the typical Tackles, he has arms like no tackle in the league….there are sub 5’10’ guys with longer arms running around the CFL…

He is an ELITE GUARD.
I all along felt that he had guard written all over him. But the fact that he can compensate with smarts and quickness tells me that he can play tackle. Leverage and bend are also big parts of the game. He packs a good punch too. It is going to be fun watching to see how this develops.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
And Slater, who he is often comp’d too because he’s a recent NW grad who plays tackle with shorter arms, hit the 33” mark and is an elite athlete. Skoronski is not.

OP
OP
Todd Princl

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Slater, who he is often comp’d too because he’s a recent NW grad who plays tackle with shorter arms, hit the 33” mark and is an elite athlete. Skoronski is not.
I will have to relook that draft. Isn’t Slater the best offensive lineman to come out of that draft?

Staff online

Latest posts