Pepper's options: with the first being the packers

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any team that's stupid enough to pay the price Haynesworth is asking deserves the 4 - 7 year cap handcuff they get for it. This guy will absolutely stop producing as soon as he signs on the dotted line. Did anybody even know who he was for the 5 years leading up to him stomping on that guys face with his cleats? Then he plays a couple good seasons at the end of his contract and he thinks hes gods gift to football. We don't need that kind of player in Green Bay. Build through the draft

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cartunist23 said:
Any team that's stupid enough to pay the price Haynesworth is asking deserves the 4 - 7 year cap handcuff they get for it. This guy will absolutely stop producing as soon as he signs on the dotted line. Did anybody even know who he was for the 5 years leading up to him stomping on that guys face with his cleats? Then he plays a couple good seasons at the end of his contract and he thinks hes gods gift to football. We don't need that kind of player in Green Bay. Build through the draft

TT has done just what you've advocated as far as building the Pack thru the draft. So far five of those draft picks have stood out as legitimate NFL starters - Rodgers, Spitz, Collins, Jolly & Jennings.

To a lesser degree Hawk, Poppinga, Kuhn & Colledge have been solid but not proven, legitimate NFL starters.

The only FAs of note are Pickett, Woodson, Lee & Chillar.

Holdovers from previous GM are Harris, Kampman, Barnett, Clifton, Tauscher, Wells, Jenkins & Cole.

The W-L record of 31-33 speaks volumes for the current method this GM has chosen to develop a team.

The draft is a slow, unfulfilling process because the time it takes to develop players is too long & eventually your 4th & 5th year guys are seeking greener pastures & the process begins all over again.

Year 5 of the TT experiment is underway. Wolf's 5th year produced a SB winner. With all the upheaval on the defensive side of the ball for '09, it's not likely TT can duplicate that feat.

pick-ups

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peppers is 29 and the Chiefs recieved a 1st & 3rd and this years 2nd off the Vikings.

Peppers would look real good in Eagles green(Peppers,Patterson,Bunkley,and Cole)for a nice front four.

The Eagles already have the Panthers 1st round pick(28th)along with theirs(21st)so they although more likely won`t but have the flexability along with tons of cap space to make a move.

tbaier

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Peppers and i think that he is great, but now that he got the franchise tag from carolina, his price is on the rise. We would either have to give up several draft picks, our first rounder included, or players and draft picks. I think that our money would be better spent elsewhere, i mean we could get a couple solid players that would fit into the 3-4 and address more than one need. My vote is against Peppers, but what do i know.

Members online