Peers vote Favre toughest QB

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/10/09/peers-vote-favre-toughest-qb.aspx

By Bob Wolfley
Tuesday, Oct 9 2007, 03:23 PM
Brett Favre was voted the toughest quarterback in the National Football League in a survey of 278 NFL players.The results of the poll are published in this week’s edition of Sports Illustrated.The Packers quarterback, who has started in 242 consecutive games, was voted the toughest quarterback by 30% of the players. Next were Indianapolis’ Peyton Manning (19%), New England’s Tom Brady (13%), Baltimore’s Steve McNair (13%) and Philadelphia’s Donovan McNabb (5%). Players could not vote for the quarterback on their own team.

New Orleans’ Drew Brees (3.3%), Cincinnati’s Carson Palmer (2.9%) and Carolina’s David Carr (2.2%) were the only other quarterbacks to receive more than 2% of the vote.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weak. How is Peyton "tough"? He never even takes shots! He has always had good to amazing protection, so I don't know why you'd say that he's 'tough'.

And until last season, he's had a psyche made of glass, so screw the mental toughness argument.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd vote Carr for second. May not be the greatest QB, but he sure as hell got hit plenty of times without being on the IR.

Manning doesn't really get hit, his line is great and he usually gets rid of the ball before anything happens.

favrefourevre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Says you can't vote for a player on your own team. They musta surveyed the whole Packers organization. :-p

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Weak. How is Peyton "tough"? He never even takes shots! He has always had good to amazing protection, so I don't know why you'd say that he's 'tough'.

And until last season, he's had a psyche made of glass, so screw the mental toughness argument.

We all know Favre is tough.

As for Manning, nobody knows if he's tough or not because he's never been hit.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know McNair misses a lot of games but I don't think there's a QB in worse shape then him during a weak. Somedays I wonder why he doesn't just quit it's almost to the point where he's going to ruin the rest of his life. At least
Brett still looks like he'll be able to enjoy retirement for the most part. That is if he quits before he's 50