1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

PDFL - Vote Suggestion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Gottafly, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Gottafly

Gottafly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    I would like to propose a vote on a scoring for PPR. I would like to suggest 1/2 point per catch. 1 catch for 1 yard should not be worth the same as 10 yards rushing. The points per catch are severely devaluing running backs.

Example Danny woodhead caught 76 passes last year which is compared to 12 TD's for a running back.

Gottafly

2. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    There was a reason I made sure to choose a RB that catches plenty of passes in the 1st round. PPR just requires a different way of thinking about player values.

3. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I'd rather see a way to score return yards gained and given, and also a way to score punters that pin the ball inside the 10 or 5 consistently. Maybe a team special teams like the defense is done instead of just the kicker.

4. MiamiBeachPacker

MiamiBeachPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +246
    There is usually a way to give return yards/TDs to the players. Never heard of giving points for a punter though.

5. NorthWestCheeseHead

NorthWestCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +370
    It was a rough year for RB's in general. Personally I'd rather like to see .2 points given per carry and have the catches stay the same. I know FF doesn't have the selections for it but I like the punter scoring idea and I wish they'd come up with a way to score OL's.

6. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    I can look into adding Punters if you all want.

7. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I'd like to see how they get scored. I could see one point for every 10 net yards average. Should get about 4-5 points every game that way. Plus one point for every punt downed inside say the 10 and another for inside the five. Most likely another 3-4 points. Minus a point for every touchback. Probably 1 or 2 off. So a punter should be about a guaranteed 6-7 points a week. Should the punter get dinged for runbacks or is loss of net yardage enough?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,395
    I won't actually be able to check out what can be added or change anything until after the super bowl

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk