Pats treating Packers game like it counts

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya think maybe Belicheck is sniffing some Packer Success in the wind? I Do!
Why else would he care to put his whole Team on afterburner for a Pre-season game against the spiraling downward "done-for" Packers..... At least if you listen to the Sports Pundits these days, we are...... Curious tactic by Belicheck.... Possibly a chip on his Shoulder from the last time Sherman spanked his ***....? Ya think.....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Belichik is still pissed that we kicked his *** on his turf with a bunch of second stringers in a game that actually counted. This will be a good test to see where we're at.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is way to good of coach to let the past dictate his actions in a freakin' pre-season game. Why would he care if he lost the SB to the Pack. Since that time he has won 3! He wouldn't use bad blood as an excuse to get his guys banged up. Come on be realistic.

I think he is a little peeved about NEs last performance and feels his team is flat so he is trying to motivate them and get them up to a level he feels they should be playing at.

It has nothing to do with the Pack. He would have probably given the same speech if it was the Browns.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ain't it great....... Everyone gets it up for The Packers...! Everyone..!
To know... that we strike fear in the hearts of men... throughout the NFL... Woohoo!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belichick has won 3 of the last 4 SB's. His only role is getting his team ready for the season and uses the preseason as a tuner. It's not personal, it's professional. I hope MS says the same to our team. We're hosting the SB champs. Talk about a barrometer. I hope we play it like a real game.

Reaction score
I think Belichick understands one thing, and that is that the Pack D have a chip on their shoulders, something to prove to the rest of the league, and maybe more to themselves. They are hungry, motivated, and with no pressure since everyone is counting them out. Isn't that the Pats team that won the SB against the Rams? And as you said, their coaching has improved, which always makes a difference.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The part that's bugging me... is where I read that Sherman was allowing his Players to practice in Training Camp with no pads - just running routes non-contact football --- tag football, if you will. I THINK THAT's WRONG! I don't care what anyone says to explain it - I get that already... My point is that if we're to toughen ourselves up as a precursor to the SuperBowl, why.... (dang it) ...make it a day at the beach?
Anybody ever hear of Lombardi running his practices that way?

One other Coach was doing that - and they HAVE NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER of making it to the Playoffs..... So, why are we imitating that as we prepare for the 2005 Season? Belicheck's certainly NOT being that stupid, now is he......!

Sherman could certainly learn a thing or two from a SuperBowl winning HC.
Let's hope some of it finally rubs off....... :comp:

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad to see NE taking this game seriously. It should help the young Packers develop. Give them something to measure up to. It could help their confidence if they play well or hurt it if they don't. Main thing I'm looking for is improvement.

G

Let the Patriots bring it on @ Lambeau. This is our house!

Sherman will put Belichick over his knee tonight and give him a spanking. :whippin:

Members online

Latest posts