Patriots Vs Colts ...

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lolll who just saw the fumble that was pretty funny lol 3 - 4 colts and the balls just sneaks out and pats recover it in the end zone lol

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If I heard correctly, no African American HC has been in the SB. Lovie Smith will be the first.

So if the Colts make it then it'd be two African American HC in the SB. That'd be cool ****.

However, I dislike Manning big time so I'm pulling for the Patriots.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^, ^^ I myself thought Manning and the Colts were the team I least wanted to win it all this year, until the Bears got into the Superbowl. Chicago is about the only team I could stomach the Colts beating in the big game.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I heard correctly, no African American HC has been in the SB. Lovie Smith will be the first.

So if the Colts make it then it'd be two African American HC in the SB. That'd be cool ****.

Zero,

Two African American Coaches would be a cool thing? Why would it be a cool thing? I do not understand?

I grew up in Canada in a time that there was no such thing as rooting for a African American, or rooting for a short White Guy.

I do not know a CFL fan who ever rooted for Warren Moon becuase he was African American. No one in Canada that I know has ever rooted against him becuase he was African American. Warren Moon was a football player and a great football player in Canada. He was not African American.

Canadians as a whole do not root for color, or root against it for that matter. Canadians give everyone a chance even small short White Guys.

This is why we in Canada enjoyed Doug Flutie when America cast him off to the side. This is why Warren Moon was a blessing to the fans of the CFL.

With all due respect it is a silly and counter productive statement about individual talent and opportunity, for you to root for anyone becuase of the color of their skin, or to judge a man by his height.

It is also so wrong of you to think that two African American coaches in the Superbowl would be a cool thing. I think it would have been cool for a young coach who worked wonders in New Orleans to make it.

I think it is cool to not even consider this crap and root for the best people at the time they were the best. Regardless.

R.P.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game. This has been the best Championship Game in a long time. BAck and forth all the way. The Pats just can't loose the Colts. Turn it on if your at home right now.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Zero,

Two African American Coaches would be a cool thing? Why would it be a cool thing? I do not understand?

I grew up in Canada in a time that there was no such thing as rooting for a African American, or rooting for a short White Guy.

I do not know a CFL fan who ever rooted for Warren Moon becuase he was African American. No one in Canada that I know has ever rooted against him becuase he was African American. Warren Moon was a football player and a great football player in Canada. He was not African American.

Canadians as a whole do not root for color, or root against it for that matter. Canadians give everyone a chance even small short White Guys.

This is why we in Canada enjoyed Doug Flutie when America cast him off to the side. This is why Warren Moon was a blessing to the fans of the CFL.

With all due respect it is a silly and counter productive statement about individual talent and opportunity, for you to root for anyone becuase of the color of their skin, or to judge a man by his height.

It is also so wrong of you to think that two African American coaches in the Superbowl would be a cool thing. I think it would have been cool for a young coach who worked wonders in New Orleans to make it.

I think it is cool to not even consider this crap and root for the best people at the time they were the best. Regardless.

R.P.

I'm immensley annoyed with those who feel they need to attempt to start something from nothing to out their PERSONAL agenda's.

It's never been done before (African Amercian HC in Super Bowl) and for the first time for it to happen be accomplished by TWO, I think THAT would be cool. You know having something done TWICE that's never been done before. That would be cool ****. Unbelievable that I have to explain this.

Also, pay attention to what I said. I did NOT say I was rooting for either of them because of their color or anything of that nature. Hell, I wasn't rooting for EITHER of their teams as I have said numerous times, I want the Saints vs Patriots. PAY ATTENTION!.

STOP!

Collect yourself and understand how have taken an innocent statement and miserably attempted to make a political debate from it.

I hope this is was a simple misunderstanding and things can be brushed away and the thread can go back to it's original topic.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero,

LOL. I do not have a personal agenda. I have never been political on this site ask the mods.

I have no agenda at all. None at all. I want the best two coaches in the Superbowl regadless of skin color. I thought I made that clear.

I never wrote that you were rooting for one or the other. I never questioned your post.

But you did type here that you thought it would be "Cool" if it happened.

I only asked why? Why the color of a person in coaching should be "Cool" as you wrote.

Frick, Zero! I am Raider Pride. Read My Post History. I am, and was the biggest fan of Art Shell Art Shell was my choice for the Packers when Sherman was canned.

Ohhh Man.

What a waste of time it is typing to someone who is not willing to read, and are a judge of people.

I quit.

Zero, my post was nothing personal, and not political.

Go back and read what I typed? Then give me a break.

R.P.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Zero,

LOL. I do not have a personal agenda. I have never been political on this site ask the mods.

I have no agenda at all. None at all. I want the best two coaches in the Superbowl regadless of skin color. I thought I made that clear.

I never wrote that you were rooting for one or the other. I never questioned your post.

You don't? Then why bring canadians into this? Not to mention this quote from your post.

Raider Pride said:
Zero,

I wasn't saying I rooted for either coach based on color and in fact I rooted for the Saints and Patriots. By the way, the Saints have the young HC that you mentioned.

Raider Pride said:
But you did type here that you thought it would be "Cool" if it happened.

I only asked why? Why the color of a person in coaching should be "Cool" as you wrote.

Frick, Zero! I am Raider Pride. Read My Post History. I am, and was the biggest fan of Art Shell Art Shell was my choice for the Packers when Sherman was canned.

Ohhh Man.

What a waste of time it is typing to someone who is not willing to read, and are a judge of people.

I quit.

Zero, my post was nothing personal, and not political.

Go back and read what I typed? Then give me a break.

R.P.
I'd give you a break if you didn't twist my words around.

You sir are being a hypocrite. You are judging me on my comments that you misunderstood.

Here, I will AGAIN explain this to you.

Something that has never been done before being done twice, that to me is cool ****. There is no judging, there is no rooting for a team based on the HC race, all things you falsely accused me of and honestly, I do not appreciate it one bit.

I know who you are, typically you're a decent poster from what I can recall, which is why I'm kind of puzzled by this and trying to hold back as much as I can out of the respect I have for you, but to blatantly lie and judge me really annoys me.

Again, I was not rooting for any coach based on color. I do not think having two african american coachs in the SB is cool, BUT, I do think since it has NEVER been done before and now we have TWO in the SB ... well I think that's cool ****. Don't you see the irony? Never happening, then both coaches are african american? I know I'm one of the rare birds who gets intrigued by stats that normally people overlook, but damn, I don't think that means I deserved to be judged and misrepresented in another persons post.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying that it's a feat for a black coach to make it to the Superbowl can be construed as saying that it's a feat for the reason that they're disadvantaged by their ethnicity. That's the reason that neither Tony Dungy or Lovie Smith wants to hear about it("likely wants to hear about it", for those who will ask me if I know Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy personally and got my statement from them) during media week.

That said, I'm not saying that anyone here is saying that they're at a disadvantage because of their ethnicity.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero,

I posted what I posted. You need not break it up into your personal points that are out of context from what I posted.

I am, and everyone who may happen to read this thread is wise enough to take the whole as the whole and a post as a post.

Fact is I think it is silly to think it is cool that two African American coaches are coaching against each other in the Superbowl.

I would hope that we all would not bring race into it. It should not be an issue or even a point to be made.

M.L.K. said it best:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

I would think that if MLK was alive today he would hope that you Zero thought "It was cool" that Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith made the Superbowl because of the content of their character, and not the color of their skin.

Dungy and Smith deserve more from you and the press over the next two weeks to be thought of as the first two African American coaches to be in the Superbowl.

They both are great people, great coaches, and have no color to be cheered.

My opinion.

RP

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying that it's a feat for a black coach to make it to the Superbowl can be construed as saying that it's a feat for the reason that they're disadvantaged by their ethnicity. That's the reason that neither Tony Dungy or Lovie Smith wants to hear about it("likely wants to hear about it", for those who will ask me if I know Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy personally and got my statement from them) during media week.

That said, I'm not saying that anyone here is saying that they're at a disadvantage because of their ethnicity.

BRAVO! BRAVO!

They are the best of the best at this point.

Think it is cool that they made it for their coaching and leadership skills.

RP

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is the greatest QB ever!

Zero - yes it is "Cool" for the simply reason you stated - it has never happened. When things happen that never happened before (and here, twice) it is "Cool" and regardless of what it is, should be acknowledged. That is I feel what you were saying

Raider Pride - You are way off base attacking as you did. Can't wait to see what you do with these few paragraphs. I would appreciate it if you backed off .

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Brett Favre is the greatest QB ever!

Zero - yes it is "Cool" for the simply reason you stated - it has never happened. When things happen that never happened before (and here, twice) it is "Cool" and regardless of what it is, should be acknowledged. That is I feel what you were saying

Raider Pride - You are way off base attacking as you did. Can't wait to see what you do with these few paragraphs. I would appreciate it if you backed off .
Brett is the best!!

Exactly, its never happened and now it has. TWICE! That is exactly what I've been saying. I mean think of it like this (for those who don't get it). There has never been a left handed HC in the Super Bowl. Now say Dungy and Smith are both left handed. Meaing the first time its ever happened and the second time its ever happened will be at the same time. That is cool ****. What's so hard for you to get this RP? Why do you gotta drag me down like that?

PS, BRETT IS THE GREATEST! :)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Zero,

I posted what I posted. You need not break it up into your personal points that are out of context from what I posted.

I am, and everyone who may happen to read this thread is wise enough to take the whole as the whole and a post as a post.

Fact is I think it is silly to think it is cool that two African American coaches are coaching against each other in the Superbowl.

I would hope that we all would not bring race into it. It should not be an issue or even a point to be made.

M.L.K. said it best:

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

I would think that if MLK was alive today he would hope that you Zero thought "It was cool" that Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith made the Superbowl because of the content of their character, and not the color of their skin.

Dungy and Smith deserve more from you and the press over the next two weeks to be thought of as the first two African American coaches to be in the Superbowl.

They both are great people, great coaches, and have no color to be cheered.

My opinion.

RP

Isn't it hilarious how hypocritical you are being? lol YOU are the one making this about race instead of the actual 'stat' which is what I was talking about.

STOP flipping this around into something its not. Seriously, STOP already and move on.

Members online

Latest posts