1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

PackersNews Draft Breakdown

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Apr 26, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    On this article guys - How about sending your own flavored comment back to this guy!
    [​IMG]
    Draft breakdown
    There were many picks, but where

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    To be fair - Javon - the article was written by the guy in the pic....
    I have one sentence at the bottom - intended for the masses.....

I hope all of these guys gel - It would be nice to say we've returned to the days of yesteryear and our SuperBowl ways!

4. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i would have rather see the murphy pick used on d so we could have taken steve savoy or taylor stubblefield late to fill wr.

5. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    whenever i heard about all the talent murphy has, it reminds me of fergy.

"if fergy had stayed in school, he woulda been a top 10 pick the following year."

when i started to read that kind of stuff i got all excited and he's never really showed all that potential.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i didnt intend for my post to be an attack on the draft picks, i'm actually becoming positive bit by bit...what i was saying was if they (reputable NFL personnel people-bates, thompson) think nick collins can start then maybe we have a player on our hands...

the murphy pick is what frustrates me more, but I appreciate the arrival of he and Craig Bragg, our top 3 recievers are upper eschelon, but in the Minnesota game when Javon left injured (and Ferguson was already hurt), we were useless. Our gameplan was vanquished, no wonder Brett had 4 picks, he had nobody to throw to and was desparate...we will be glad to have murphy when ferguson's contract runs out (after this year?)

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed, Javon, very much agree with that thinking....

I've been reading up on some discussion with a few of the lifers over on PackerChatters as well - between this site and Brett's new site - and they have done a listing (table) of sorts which demonstrates what people at what positions might prevail come 53-man Roster time.... Interesting read - and I think we can have our group also discuss that framework right here.... as well. I am by no means any type of true expert, to be sure - but my emphasis & focus certainly lending itself to as much hope for the SuperBowl as any of the GURUs I read comment from....

I'm at the Office right now - so having time to create that table is something I'll leave to one of you to start.... List positions and who is currently considered the Starter(s), in order - then rank who follows..... We can discuss who may be let go and who deserves to stay - then have RYAN preserve that thread for future reference at the top of this Section of the Site. You guys game for this?

Lets do it! - :mrgreen: