1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

PackersNews Draft Breakdown

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Apr 26, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    On this article guys - How about sending your own flavored comment back to this guy!
    [​IMG]
    Draft breakdown
    There were many picks, but where

2. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    To be fair - Javon - the article was written by the guy in the pic....
    I have one sentence at the bottom - intended for the masses.....

I hope all of these guys gel - It would be nice to say we've returned to the days of yesteryear and our SuperBowl ways!

4. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i would have rather see the murphy pick used on d so we could have taken steve savoy or taylor stubblefield late to fill wr.

5. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    whenever i heard about all the talent murphy has, it reminds me of fergy.

"if fergy had stayed in school, he woulda been a top 10 pick the following year."

when i started to read that kind of stuff i got all excited and he's never really showed all that potential.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i didnt intend for my post to be an attack on the draft picks, i'm actually becoming positive bit by bit...what i was saying was if they (reputable NFL personnel people-bates, thompson) think nick collins can start then maybe we have a player on our hands...

the murphy pick is what frustrates me more, but I appreciate the arrival of he and Craig Bragg, our top 3 recievers are upper eschelon, but in the Minnesota game when Javon left injured (and Ferguson was already hurt), we were useless. Our gameplan was vanquished, no wonder Brett had 4 picks, he had nobody to throw to and was desparate...we will be glad to have murphy when ferguson's contract runs out (after this year?)

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Agreed, Javon, very much agree with that thinking....

I've been reading up on some discussion with a few of the lifers over on PackerChatters as well - between this site and Brett's new site - and they have done a listing (table) of sorts which demonstrates what people at what positions might prevail come 53-man Roster time.... Interesting read - and I think we can have our group also discuss that framework right here.... as well. I am by no means any type of true expert, to be sure - but my emphasis & focus certainly lending itself to as much hope for the SuperBowl as any of the GURUs I read comment from....

I'm at the Office right now - so having time to create that table is something I'll leave to one of you to start.... List positions and who is currently considered the Starter(s), in order - then rank who follows..... We can discuss who may be let go and who deserves to stay - then have RYAN preserve that thread for future reference at the top of this Section of the Site. You guys game for this?

Lets do it! - :mrgreen: