PackersNews - Chris Havel writes.....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Sep. 02, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chris Havel
Packers sputter in final test

As preseason tuneups go, I suppose I

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now - to add - I would start Joey Thomas over Ahmad Carroll, immediately!

Why aren't they trying the tandem DUO of Cole/Jackson on the middle lineup?
(It worked quite well with Gravedigger alongside Jackson a couple of years ago)

Whitticker needs some thorough film review 6 days a week to get up to speed.
(Otherwise, use him as a back up - just that rookie thing...)

Walt Williams is a keeper.. if they let him go - it'll be a big mistake! Talk about moxie...!

Next step is to trim the Roster down to the final 53-man count.
Who wants to say which get to stay....? Flanagan needs more therapy - that's fer sure!

Reaction score
IPBPrez, I agree with you COMPLETLY that Walt Williams is a keeper and needs to be on the roster. And I do believe that for now, Wells at LG and Ruegamer at RG are the safest bets. I believe with time that Klemm and Whitt will be alright. But I think I have been most impressed with Chris White, the undrafted Centre they brought in becuase I was thinking why would they try out Ruegamer and Wells at Guard, when they did so well at Center and wouldn't they need depth at Center? The only logical reason (and this is proven by camp reports) is that Chris White must have had an excellent camp to allow the coaching staff to have confidence that trying Wells and Ruegamer at G will not come at a price to the depth at Center.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Walt Williams is a keeper.. if they let him go - it'll be a big mistake! Talk about moxie...!

Flanagan needs more therapy - that's fer sure!

I would not be surprised if Williams makes the roster over Fischer...Fischer has had a poor camp from what I've read, has had the dropsies, and Williams is too hard to let go.

Flanny...not much to add, other than I agree.

As for what Havel said, Rodgers at #2?!? Interception aside, like Maas said, he seems to anticipate routes, coverages, etc a LOT better than Rodgers. No way would I want him at #2 yet.

Also, he put the Hunt situation very nicely. I'm really on the fence as to whether or not I'd cut him, but starting Hunt isn't even an option as far as I'm concerned.

I also like Havel's starting line...reugy and wells make sense.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Havel is good and then IPBPrez puts the extra points on the scoreboard, I think it is pretty clear right now for me we must keep Williams and we MUST KICK HUNTS butt out of Green Bay, I will add out of Wisconsin, better of Out of the Midwest, send him to Jamaica so he will have plenty of weed to rely on !!! :twisted:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
I've never gotten to see Walt Williams play. What about him is it that makes him a keeper?

Pretty quick, very feisty, finishes his runs hard...a lot like Ahman, only maybe a bit more finess, and a little less power.

As for his receiving out of the backfield, I have no idea. Obviously that is the primary reason for hanging onto Fischer.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
JD said:
I've never gotten to see Walt Williams play. What about him is it that makes him a keeper?

Pretty quick, very feisty, finishes his runs hard...a lot like Ahman, only maybe a bit more finess, and a little less power.

As for his receiving out of the backfield, I have no idea. Obviously that is the primary reason for hanging onto Fischer.

JD, Musccy,

I REALLY like Williams. He seems to have a good burst through the hole and seems like a tough, hardnosed runner.

As to why he isn't utilized, I will never know. I'd go with him over Davenpoop or Fish.

Also, wasn't it him that caught the last TD pass? He CAN catch...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Obi He can catch and he has that attitude of dying in the field if needed.. I like him and I will keep his specially knowing that Davenports agent is Rosenhog... He should be given a chance. :mrgreen:

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
IPBprez said:

Flanagan needs more therapy - that's fer sure!

I would not be surprised if Williams makes the roster over Fischer...Fischer has had a poor camp from what I've read, has had the dropsies, and Williams is too hard to let go.

Flanny...not much to add, other than I agree.

As for what Havel said, Rodgers at #2?!? Interception aside, like Maas said, he seems to anticipate routes, coverages, etc a LOT better than Rodgers. No way would I want him at #2 yet.

Also, he put the Hunt situation very nicely. I'm really on the fence as to whether or not I'd cut him, but starting Hunt isn't even an option as far as I'm concerned.

I also like Havel's starting line...reugy and wells make sense.

Wiliams, a keeper, Rodgers, #3 QB. No way he is an NFL back up. He is not ready. I'll take Nall. Hunt? I would cut him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts