1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers win 1 out of 3 Espy awards

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chillarfan54, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Chillarfan54

Chillarfan54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Aaron Rodgers won Best NFL Player.

Awards Packers lost.

BEST MALE ATHLETE
    * Dirk Nowitzki, NBA
    Jimmie Johnson, NASCAR
    Rafael Nadal, Tennis
    Aaron Rodgers NFL

BEST TEAM
    * Dallas Mavericks

Auburn Football
    Boston Bruins
    Green Bay Packers
    San Francisco Giants
    Texas A&M Women's Basketball

Call me biased , but I thought our story to win the trophy this year was better then Mavericks. I think we got screwed on that award.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Wait. How did the Mavericks... Out of all the teams.. the Mavericks... Win best team??? I think I would have rather voted for the Texas A&M Women's Basketball team.

3. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    ESPN has a financial bias when it comes to the NBA, so it's not surprising.

They claim these awards were voted on by the "fans," but I call BS. Otherwise, how did Abby Wambach win after being added just yesterday? There was simply not enough time for that play to overtake the previous months of voting.

But I agree. 16 guys on IR, 3 straight road wins and a Super Bowl win. How that doesn't win best team is beyond me. Even the Bruins should have been ranked higher than the Mavs, so there's obvious bias. You'll be hard pressed to convince me otherwise.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    lets get this lockout over with so we can get back to something of worth.

For the record I consider ESPN a joke, and have since I was about 19 yrs old.

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Isnt it entirely possible that "fans" have Dallas NBA title fresh in heir minds, which pushed back the SB win?

Also.....Dallas beat the Heat, where I know many many people wanted the Heat to lose...Besides, Dallas never won the title correct? I think if the Heat would have beat Dallas, Green Bay gets that award....

but seriously, who really cares...

6. Vikeman

Vikeman Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers were a six seed only because of injuries. The Packers were much better than the six seed. The Mavs had to go through the defending champ lakers, a team more talented than them, the Thunder, another team more talented than them, and had to beat the Heat in the Finals, another team more talented than them. The Packers, on the other hand, beat teams they were more talented than. The run was very impressive, but the Packers have top notch talent. The Mavs' 2nd best player was Jason Terry. ROFL

Let's put it this way, if before the playoffs you put money on the packers and the mavs to win it all, you would have made a whole lot more money on the mavs. Gameover

7. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Glad to see Aaron get some love, couldn't bare watching the show though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I wouldnt say that the Lakers were much more talented.... I mean they swept the Lakers without much of a fight. And Terry played lights out in the playoffs so no hating from me, and Im a Lebron fan.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    ESPN has plenty of faults, as do we all.

But they bring us, by far, the most: Primetime NFL, NFL highlights, Major Golf (currently watching the British Open live, 5 am here...), Slam tennis (I watch Wimbledon early am for 2 weeks, until NBC takes the quarters and semis and airs it at 10 am in all time zones, so TAPE-DELAYED after their NBC Today show), MLB baseball, and other sports like the World Cup soccer.

If ESPN is a joke, what's everything else?
    What's CNN?
    What's BET?

10. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    damn, i completely forgot to watch the espys

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    A racist embarrassment.

12. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850

I had the misfortune to tune in during the "way-over-done-way-too-long" of a skit for the kissing couple.
    Poor Clay didn't look too happy to have had to have been a part of that sorry thing. (He was called upon by Seth to break them up)

After that I turned it off...ughhhh

But I did read this morning that a well deserved jab was made in reference of "12" finally able to step out of the shadow of BF.. and added,..thanks to technology, we've seen it wasn't that big of a shadow after all!!:derisive:

13. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473

I didn't, just chose not to.

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    ??? What does bet or CNN have to do with this?

As far as content they provide I watch pro basketball and the NFL on Espn. Also I do TiVo a show on Sunday mornings at about 6 am. That's it. I do catch stuff that's on when I am in a bar but I try and avoid being like every other moron that repeats what they heard from Rome and the guys on pti.

Espns Monday night football has been terrible production wise. The drop off from Sunday night football makes me dream of a day where I can mute the announcers and not the action. Emmitt Smith and Steve Young were born to play football, but clear not to talk in front of a camera. And Stuart Scott? I'll let the eye thing go if he let's the retard catch phases go.

Ever watch inside the NFL? 100x better than anything Espn puts out during normal hours.

And dont get me started on the draft coverage. They get owned by the NFL network every year.

15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I'm kicking myself for wasting the 2.5 hours last night watching the Espy's. Think I'll stick with my normal rule: MNF and that's it.

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Quite simple.

This is the last title of the Mavs.

This is just the first title of the Packers.

17. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194
    When I watch Brewers games on Sunday Night Baseball, I always watch it on local sports channels (Fox Sports Milwaukee for me), even if the game is being broadcasted by ESPN. I feel that the announcers on FSM are less likely to obsess over stupid stuff than the announcers on ESPN. Do you do the same with Cubs games?

Also, I watch ESPN only for MNF, but I remember the presentation being much better when it was on ABC. I have a MNF game taped during that time and, even if it had Dennis Miller, I still wasn't annoyed by the announcers as much as I am watching the MNF games now.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    99% of cubs games I watch are on WGN. FSN has a good product I think. But I might turn on the radio if I was a brewers fan. Hard to beat listening to Bob.

19. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    mind reader. :(

20. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    ESPY for best NFL player is awesome, maybe he'll get the NFL MVP next year.

21. packers020802

packers020802 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    Emmitt Smith and Steve Young were born to play football, but clear not to talk in front of a camera. And Stuart Scott? I'll let the eye thing go if he let's the retard catch phases go.

Ever watch inside the NFL? 100x better than anything Espn puts out during normal hours.

And dont get me started on the draft coverage. They get owned by the NFL network every year.[/QUOTE]

LOL
    What do you mean!?
    You don't like Emmitts "expert" analysis: AND I QUOTE!
    "Who ever scores the most points in tonights game is going to win!"
    REALLY!?

and Steve Young on Draft day....Ugh
    Someone should have removed him from the stage and kicked his *** out the back door.... He would blurt out random player names that the team should pick right before it would be announced.... and i think he was wrong 97% of the time!

....its like this every yr!