Aaron Rodgers NFL

BEST TEAM
* Dallas Mavericks

Auburn Football
Boston Bruins
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco Giants
Texas A&M Women's Basketball

Call me biased , but I thought our story to win the trophy this year was better then Mavericks. I think we got screwed on that award.

Reaction score
Wait. How did the Mavericks... Out of all the teams.. the Mavericks... Win best team??? I think I would have rather voted for the Texas A&M Women's Basketball team.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN has a financial bias when it comes to the NBA, so it's not surprising.

They claim these awards were voted on by the "fans," but I call BS. Otherwise, how did Abby Wambach win after being added just yesterday? There was simply not enough time for that play to overtake the previous months of voting.

But I agree. 16 guys on IR, 3 straight road wins and a Super Bowl win. How that doesn't win best team is beyond me. Even the Bruins should have been ranked higher than the Mavs, so there's obvious bias. You'll be hard pressed to convince me otherwise.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets get this lockout over with so we can get back to something of worth.

For the record I consider ESPN a joke, and have since I was about 19 yrs old.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Isnt it entirely possible that "fans" have Dallas NBA title fresh in heir minds, which pushed back the SB win?

Also.....Dallas beat the Heat, where I know many many people wanted the Heat to lose...Besides, Dallas never won the title correct? I think if the Heat would have beat Dallas, Green Bay gets that award....

but seriously, who really cares...

V

Vikeman

The Packers were a six seed only because of injuries. The Packers were much better than the six seed. The Mavs had to go through the defending champ lakers, a team more talented than them, the Thunder, another team more talented than them, and had to beat the Heat in the Finals, another team more talented than them. The Packers, on the other hand, beat teams they were more talented than. The run was very impressive, but the Packers have top notch talent. The Mavs' 2nd best player was Jason Terry. ROFL

Let's put it this way, if before the playoffs you put money on the packers and the mavs to win it all, you would have made a whole lot more money on the mavs. Gameover

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were a six seed only because of injuries. The Packers were much better than the six seed. The Mavs had to go through the defending champ lakers, a team more talented than them, the Thunder, another team more talented than them, and had to beat the Heat in the Finals, another team more talented than them. The Packers, on the other hand, beat teams they were more talented than. The run was very impressive, but the Packers have top notch talent. The Mavs' 2nd best player was Jason Terry. ROFL

Let's put it this way, if before the playoffs you put money on the packers and the mavs to win it all, you would have made a whole lot more money on the mavs. Gameover

I wouldnt say that the Lakers were much more talented.... I mean they swept the Lakers without much of a fight. And Terry played lights out in the playoffs so no hating from me, and Im a Lebron fan.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets get this lockout over with so we can get back to something of worth.

For the record I consider ESPN a joke, and have since I was about 19 yrs old.
ESPN has plenty of faults, as do we all.

But they bring us, by far, the most: Primetime NFL, NFL highlights, Major Golf (currently watching the British Open live, 5 am here...), Slam tennis (I watch Wimbledon early am for 2 weeks, until NBC takes the quarters and semis and airs it at 10 am in all time zones, so TAPE-DELAYED after their NBC Today show), MLB baseball, and other sports like the World Cup soccer.

If ESPN is a joke, what's everything else?
What's CNN?
What's BET?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But they bring us, by far, the most: Primetime NFL, NFL highlights, Major Golf (currently watching the British Open live, 5 am here...), Slam tennis (I watch Wimbledon early am for 2 weeks, until NBC takes the quarters and semis and airs it at 10 am in all time zones, so TAPE-DELAYED after their NBC Today show), MLB baseball, and other sports like the World Cup soccer.

What's CNN?
What's BET?

A racist embarrassment.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Glad to see Aaron get some love, couldn't bare watching the show though.

I had the misfortune to tune in during the "way-over-done-way-too-long" of a skit for the kissing couple.
Poor Clay didn't look too happy to have had to have been a part of that sorry thing. (He was called upon by Seth to break them up)

After that I turned it off...ughhhh

But I did read this morning that a well deserved jab was made in reference of "12" finally able to step out of the shadow of BF.. and added,..thanks to technology, we've seen it wasn't that big of a shadow after all!!:derisive:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What's CNN?
What's BET?

??? What does bet or CNN have to do with this?

As far as content they provide I watch pro basketball and the NFL on Espn. Also I do TiVo a show on Sunday mornings at about 6 am. That's it. I do catch stuff that's on when I am in a bar but I try and avoid being like every other moron that repeats what they heard from Rome and the guys on pti.

Espns Monday night football has been terrible production wise. The drop off from Sunday night football makes me dream of a day where I can mute the announcers and not the action. Emmitt Smith and Steve Young were born to play football, but clear not to talk in front of a camera. And Stuart Scott? I'll let the eye thing go if he let's the retard catch phases go.

Ever watch inside the NFL? 100x better than anything Espn puts out during normal hours.

And dont get me started on the draft coverage. They get owned by the NFL network every year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm kicking myself for wasting the 2.5 hours last night watching the Espy's. Think I'll stick with my normal rule: MNF and that's it.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??? What does bet or CNN have to do with this?

As far as content they provide I watch pro basketball and the NFL on Espn. Also I do TiVo a show on Sunday mornings at about 6 am. That's it. I do catch stuff that's on when I am in a bar but I try and avoid being like every other moron that repeats what they heard from Rome and the guys on pti.

Espns Monday night football has been terrible production wise. The drop off from Sunday night football makes me dream of a day where I can mute the announcers and not the action. Emmitt Smith and Steve Young were born to play football, but clear not to talk in front of a camera. And Stuart Scott? I'll let the eye thing go if he let's the retard catch phases go.

Ever watch inside the NFL? 100x better than anything Espn puts out during normal hours.

And dont get me started on the draft coverage. They get owned by the NFL network every year.

When I watch Brewers games on Sunday Night Baseball, I always watch it on local sports channels (Fox Sports Milwaukee for me), even if the game is being broadcasted by ESPN. I feel that the announcers on FSM are less likely to obsess over stupid stuff than the announcers on ESPN. Do you do the same with Cubs games?

Also, I watch ESPN only for MNF, but I remember the presentation being much better when it was on ABC. I have a MNF game taped during that time and, even if it had Dennis Miller, I still wasn't annoyed by the announcers as much as I am watching the MNF games now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I watch Brewers games on Sunday Night Baseball, I always watch it on local sports channels (Fox Sports Milwaukee for me), even if the game is being broadcasted by ESPN. I feel that the announcers on FSM are less likely to obsess over stupid stuff than the announcers on ESPN. Do you do the same with Cubs games?

Also, I watch ESPN only for MNF, but I remember the presentation being much better when it was on ABC. I have a MNF game taped during that time and, even if it had Dennis Miller, I still wasn't annoyed by the announcers as much as I am watching the MNF games now.

99% of cubs games I watch are on WGN. FSN has a good product I think. But I might turn on the radio if I was a brewers fan. Hard to beat listening to Bob.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith and Steve Young were born to play football, but clear not to talk in front of a camera. And Stuart Scott? I'll let the eye thing go if he let's the retard catch phases go.

And dont get me started on the draft coverage. They get owned by the NFL network every year.[/QUOTE]

LOL
What do you mean!?
You don't like Emmitts "expert" analysis: AND I QUOTE!
"Who ever scores the most points in tonights game is going to win!"
REALLY!?

and Steve Young on Draft day....Ugh
Someone should have removed him from the stage and kicked his *** out the back door.... He would blurt out random player names that the team should pick right before it would be announced.... and i think he was wrong 97% of the time!

....its like this every yr!

Members online

Latest posts