1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers trying out a lineback on Monday

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by A12ROD903, Oct 7, 2010.

1. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Hey guys just thought Id let you in on some info. I checked my twitter today when I saw a post by LB Dominic Douglas, FA from the Rams -

"BREAKING NEWS: im headed to Greenbay for a tryout Monday so keep me in ur prayers!!! ITS A MINOR SET BACK FOR A MAJOR COMEBACK BELIEVE THAT"

He was an undrafted rookie on 09 out of Mississippi St. He was released dureing the final cuts during preseason. I dont have anymore info on him really.

2. Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Cool, thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I don't know much about him either.

Remember it's only a tryout though.

3. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Adailius Thomas anyone? not sure how much if anything he has left... but he knows what he's doing and could jump in quick..

4. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    better chance of seeing brett favre retire then TT picking up a worthy FREE AGENT

5. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I read we brought up LB Simpkins from the practice squad.

6. GreenBayTheOnlyWay

GreenBayTheOnlyWay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    We did, but with the Chillar injury, (unclear whether its minor or serious) it doesn't hurt to bring guys in and try them out. I am looking forward to checking out if there are any highlights of this guy, whether he's a run-stopper or better in coverage. We also have Francois on our practice squad too. Who knows. Good to keep our eyes open though.

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    If he was any kind of an upgrade to anyone, you gotta wonder why a) he was released and b) no one else bothered to pick him up.