Packers to vanilla on defense.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to get agressive and stop sitting back getting picked apart and being predictable. I can't stand to see the same type of coverage and blitz over and over....just hate it. With all the hype i heard coming out of camp let these guy's play some man to man and have the oppertunity to get some takeaways.

I pray House can play because i would feel alot better with him in coverage 1 on 1 versus Bush. Let C-Wood play in the slot man to man and let him and Williams make plays on the ball because they can be ballhawks and both have the ability to take it to the house. This defense needs a shot in the arm and a stellar performance to get them jump started because honestly they look bad and lack confidence.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked when we use to play bump and run coverage , maybe we dont have the right personnel to do it anymore.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I really liked when we use to play bump and run coverage , maybe we dont have the right personnel to do it anymore.

Bump and run is good and bad. I think that due to the size miss matches we have, it would'nt work that well for us.
Our smaller guys may not have the gusto to bump off larger/stronger/faster recievers to try to throw off timing routes.
It works well if the correct personnel are there to do it. The disadvantage is that the receiver can slip the bump and get behind the CB for a huge play. Watch how megatron does that, he cleans house on the bump and run.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we do if House can return and solidify that #2 corner spot and we can put bush back on the bench where he belongs. I like the Tandem of Woodson,House, and Williams versus any three wr set. As long as Safties are in the right position we shouldn't give up the big play.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think we do if House can return and solidify that #2 corner spot and we can put bush back on the bench where he belongs. I like the Tandem of Woodson,House, and Williams versus any three wr set. As long as Safties are in the right position we shouldn't give up the big play.
I still expect Shields to make some big strides. Still scratching my head on the Hayward pick, and on Bush starting.

I do miss the king of illegal contact, Al Harris, and the bump and run back when part of our identity was as "the most physical secondary in football."

Members online

Latest posts