1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Packers talking to James... Tory James CB

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, Apr 11, 2007.

1. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Amazing. I love it when you make points for me. So 10-6 they were declining because they couldn't beat teams with winning records yet they are improving now that they go 8-8 and can't beat teams with winning records? Uhhhhhhhh, WTF?

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Please rethink this statement

3. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pyle, I've said a few times now and even in this thread that I thought they overachieved last year. If you have problems with other members opinions take it out on them but do not categorize me as the consensuses. They are improving from 2005 no question and they are the youngest team in the NFL currently. There is far more optimism with a younger team than there is an older team with players nearing retirement and at the pinnacle of their careers. I'm not having to much trouble understanding the fact that your criticizing the current Packers yet your often praise the 2004 team who ironically were in a very similar situation as the current team. It‘s pretty clear. The difference in my opinion is youth and potential. Whether or not that potential is reached is yet to be seen but I certainly expect flashes of it this year.

4. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

When does all this potential translate into wins? What happens next year or the year after when Brett retires and we have to RELY on potential at the QB spot?

I guess I don't understand the plan like you all do.

Ok we are building for the future, someone please tell me how long this will take? What if it never happens. Then we wasted 5-6 years "rebuilding". Then we will have to start the process over again. Isn't that the same as signing players for a SB push and strapping yourself for the next few years, minus actually being able to contend?

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    So... who did Tory James sign with anyway?

6. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Patriots

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Damn, they be signing everyone! Maybe their is some truth to the rumor that Bill is thinking of calling it quits this year and they are selling the house to win big this year?????