Packers sign TE Blake Annen to PS

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6794

Annen (6-4, 245) went undrafted in 2014 and played one offensive snap for the Bears last season. In addition he spent time on the Eagles and Saints practice squad.

In college he had 19 receptions for 218 yards and 2 TDs during three season for Cincinnati.

The Packers placed James Vaughters on practice squad IR.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure why they went this way since we already have Perillo on the practice squad. I'm not sure that Annen was the BPA or a need. With Burnett and Richardson out maybe a safety would've been a better move.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not sure why they went this way since we already have Perillo on the practice squad. I'm not sure that Annen was the BPA or a need. With Burnett and Richardson out maybe a safety would've been a better move.

Well, the Packers are extremely thin at TE with Quarless nursing a knee injury. I agree that Annen most likely wasn't the best player available though.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't call us extremely thin with three healthy guys available and we don't run many double TE sets. All in all, this isn't a critical roster move no matter what they did.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't call us extremely thin with three healthy guys available and we don't run many double TE sets. All in all, this isn't a critical roster move no matter what they did.

Well, with Quarless being out eight weeks the only other TE on the active roster is Backman who hasn't played a single snap in the league. Perillo, who is on the practice squad, has played 11 snaps so far.

The depth behind Rodgers is extremely thin, not that Annen changes anything about it.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Captain, as a west coast fan, once off work I come home and usually come here during the season to read up on what's happened during the day. You continually bring info here allowing me to read up on it in one spot rather than having to go through so many sources to find the same info. I just wanted to let you and others that do this too know how much I appreciate this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts