Packers Rumors (o.T.S.) 3-6-10

Arrigo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With free agency started and the Packers re-signing Chad Clifton, I figured I'd do a quick O.T.S. Weekend Edition.

First, let me make an announcement. I finally built it (even though I have no clue what I am doing). Joe's Locker Room is proud to announce that I have the web-site up. Joe's Locker Room.com up and running and it will be the official home of Ran-DUMB-Thoughts, the O.T.S. and many other features I am unable to do here. I will continue to post things here until after the NFL draft, then it will be 110% over on the website.

We have also secured Joe Pacheco from the blog Joe's Clubhouse to come aboard as a moderator and contribute his insightful and intelligent thoughts on the world of sports. Joe is an avid sports fan and brings a lot to the table.

So feel free to click on the Joe's Locker Room name and come on over. In the Locker Room we have fan forums to discuss anything in the world of sports (and yes there is a specific thread just for the Packers and O.T.S.). We also will be adding the much talked about Pod-Cast and possibly Video-Cast in the very near future as well.
Thank you all for the support and I hope to see you on the website.

Now to the O.T.S. (3-6-10)

RUMOR:

n.

A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

Word is spreading that the Packers have an interest in Ravens defensive end Dwan Edwards. He fit's Ted Thompson's type of player, underrated, hard working and tenacious. He would also come at a reasonable price.

Other than the Edwards rumor, all is quite inside 1265. Although I did hear the Packers may be a "mystery team" when it comes to Ryan Clark. But, I also heard his asking price is more than what Thompson wants to pay.

With Chad Clifton re-singed and Mark Taucsher very likely to also be re-signed, I hear the Packers will work on taking care of Nick Collins.

I heard a rumor that Clifton never wanted to leave Green Bay and that even when the Redskins made him an offer, he told his agent that his heart is in Green Bay and he doesn't want to play any where else. The deal Clifton signed may be 3 years in length, but I also heard it is more like a 1 year deal (unless he stays healthy).

When Donovan Warren ran a slow 40 time at the combine last week, many thought his stock may slip or the Packers would be "turned off", but the latter isn't the case. The Packers really are more intrigued with his 3 cone drill technique and view Warren as a safety and not a corner back.

I also heard the Packers requested "everything" on Perrish Cox, Jerry Hughes and Jason Fox.

Two offensive tackles that the Packers are looking hard at are Ciron Black (LSU) and Rodger Saffold (Indiana). Some think that the Packers would use Saffold as a left guard and Black as a right tackle, moving T.J. Lang to the left side in a year or two.

I heard from a source that he thinks 11-13 corner backs will be taken in the first three rounds of the draft.

I also heard the Packers spoke to Ricky Sapp, Jason Fox, Major Wright, Colin Peek, Kevin Thomas, Chad Jones, Jamar Chaney and Kam Chancellor at the combine.

Don't forget to check out the website, www.joeslockerroom.com.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Arrigo, nice update. Definitely need things to read to pass the time.

BTW do you mean Jerry Hughes and not "Tommy Hughes"?

Staff online

Latest posts